Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I have a major consumer rant, would love it to go viral

Charter Mod (Ret.)
    Six months of struggle, followed by a desperate blog, and magically over the weekend everything more or less cleared up.

How about that?
    Moderator (Ret.) -- Member #63 of the original 1999 BBS

Quote Originally Posted by fjbfour View Post
    Six months of struggle, followed by a desperate blog, and magically over the weekend everything more or less cleared up.

How about that?
    Details?!?!

Charter Mod (Ret.)
    I checked my balance over the weekend and it showed the normal amount to be due, at its normal due date, and had a note that the amount due was an adjusted number following the application of over $600 in credit applied to the balance.

Either we have witnessed an amazing coincidence that I lost my cool at the six month mark just days before they figured it out, or someone somewhere saw the blog.

I checked my balance over the weekend and it showed the normal amount to be due, at its normal due date, and had a note that the amount due was an adjusted number following the application of over $600 in credit applied to the balance.

Either we have witnessed an amazing coincidence that I lost my cool at the six month mark just days before they figured it out, or someone somewhere saw the blog.
    From your blog is there information to link you to your account?

Congrats fjb. It's sad that you had to escalate it to that level to get things fixed, but I am glad that they finally did the right thing.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II

Charter Mod (Ret.)
    Quote Originally Posted by SealBeachHusker View Post
    From your blog is there information to link you to your account?
    No, but there were some contacts made off-blog that did provide enough of my personal info to make the connection. I really can't say for sure why the timing worked out the way it did, I have no idea. Yet, the blog appearance and the resolution were awfully close together considering the overall time frame of the event.

I have a major consumer rant, would love it to go viral

So glad it worked out for you.

Big Red Fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RedRum View Post
    I switched from Dish Network to Direct TV a while ago. Sent back the equipment and they billed me for a 4th receiver. I went to my account and over 8 years I only had 3 receivers on my account and I sent the 3 back. I did have a repair call about 2-3 years prior and a receiver was swapped out, so we came to the conclusion that the technician didn't report the swap to the system. Anyway, this went back-and-forth several months where they would tell me I was getting credited and didn't owe anything, but would get another bill. Finally, they zeroed out my account.

Then, about a year later I was cleaning out my closet and guess what I found. A DN receiver.
    Oops!

It seems that they just get an idea in their peasy heads and it is difficult to get around this preset notion. I was with Cox wired phone service, and I lost my dialtone on a Sunday night. Being the nice guy that I am, I gave them until Monday 3:30PM to resolve the issue. These sorts of outages have happened before and cleared within 12 hours, so I was trying to be understanding.

So I called them on that Monday and told them that we were over 24 hours without a dial tone. After a bunch of pointless testing that I had already done before I called them (but I understand if they need to re-do it for sake of their records), they told me they would escalate this to their voice support and would get back to me.

I waited 24 hours and called them back at 4:45 PM on Tuesday after not hearing from them, even though they had my cell number. No call, no voice message. On that call, they had no update for me because that department had not yet looked at the issue! They scheduled a rush job to get a tech out to my house on Thursday, but were going to see if they had a slot available for Wednesday. They called back and rescheduled for Wednesday.

The Wed appointment was for 3-5PM, and I was supposed to be at my PT job at four, so I called my boss and he was ok with me waiting for the tech. 5PM came and went, no call to my cell number, no VM. So I called them at 5:20, on my way out the door, and they told me that they called but there was no answer. I told them that was not possible as my phone was on, active, and there was no VM left. They agreed that their tech should have left a voice message if he called. So then they rescheduled for Saturday. I told them don't bother, and just cancel my phone service. So then I was sent to customer retention. They tried to sell me on keeping my service and even tried upselling(!) me for more phone features. I told them no no no, and finally that message got through to the retention rep. However, he then got snarky with me and told me I had to return the phone modem they had hooked to my house for phone service. I told him I had this line since 2002, and there was no modem hooked to my house, to my knowledge (or with my permission!). He then told me they would continue to bill me for my non-working phone service until I returned their equipment. So I asked him where that equipment would be located on my property, and to confirm the serial number or MAC address for this equipment. OHHHHH..... He finally looked at my services, apparently, and told me I was one of the few houses in town that did not have a voice modem. He then proceeded with the disconnect.

Maybe these business should get their story straight before they get snarky with their customers and realize that most of the time, the customer IS right.

No, but there were some contacts made off-blog that did provide enough of my personal info to make the connection. I really can't say for sure why the timing worked out the way it did, I have no idea. Yet, the blog appearance and the resolution were awfully close together considering the overall time frame of the event.
    Yeah, and I'm sure the blog name perked some ears...lol

Charter Mod (Ret.)
    Not so fast, a totally new problem has cropped up with a direct relationship to the issue that supposedly was just resolved.

Just when I thought they might stop sucking balls.

It's on the blog.....

Big Red Fan!!!

Well, sounds like you should be good to go in 60 days. I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.