Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have a major consumer rant, would love it to go viral

Charter Mod (Ret.)

I have a major consumer rant, would love it to go viral

Read all about it.

I am at wits end.

Spread the word if you found it amusing.

http://verizonsucksballs.blogspot.com/

You HP/HM long-timers here know it takes a lot to get me spinning like this, and that should speak volumes about this problem.
    Moderator (Ret.) -- Member #63 of the original 1999 BBS

Quote Originally Posted by fjbfour View Post
    Read all about it.

I am at wits end.

Spread the word if you found it amusing.

You HP/HM long-timers here know it takes a lot to get me spinning like this, and that should speak volumes about this problem.

I don't know where you live, but Nebraska's attorney general office has a consumer fraud division that might be able to help you.

I have a major consumer rant, would love it to go viral

Send me a PM with your email address if you'd like. I think I can help you. At a minimum you should be able to get the D3 with the exact serial number they sent you originally. Since they're charging you for it you're entitled to the phone. It is established the cellphone serial numbers really matter to them. Obviously they can't give you that phone.

I have a buddy that has some pull at Verizon. I think you would be willing to help you.

That is a horrible experience.

One question though...why are you still using Verizon?
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)
    “Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you.” -- (Benjamin Franklin)

Starter
    Same here FJ, my wife works for Verizon here in Lincoln. I will shoot you a PM.

Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple. - Barry Switzer

Life is hard
    ; its harder when you're stupid - John Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Fan of All View Post
    I'd be fine with a MAC coach...even Frank (a lesser mistake than Bo). Over Bo? ABSOLUTELY

Administrator

Go get 'em Frank. Let us know how it turns out.
    "I'm a firm believer in the theory that people only do their best at things they truly enjoy. It is difficult to excel at something you don't enjoy." – Jack Nicklaus

I don't know if he only addresses problems by people in the Chicagoland area, but you might want to contact this guy. http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/problemsolver/ This is exactly the kind of problem that he gets resolved.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II

Big Red Fan!!!

It almost comes down to you having to sue them to get their heads out of their arses.

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskerwirejay View Post
    At a minimum you should be able to get the D3 with the exact serial number they sent you originally. Since they're charging you for it you're entitled to the phone. It is established the cellphone serial numbers really matter to them. Obviously they can't give you that phone.
    I vote for this. I wonder how they would explain rejecting the equivalent phone offer you made.

Charter Mod (Ret.)
    Phones were turned off again last night. I have posted an update accordingly.

VERIZON SUCKS BALLS!

Charter Mod (Ret.)
    Huskerwirejay: PM sent, thanks.

redmachine: Yes, sadly they are the only provider that reaches where I live.

CornfieldCounty: PM replied to, thanks.

ChitownHusker: Looks awesome, but his "about" and links areas make it fairly clear he only does Chicagoland stuff.

Head Lackey
    I feel your pain. I went through a similar experience with Sprint several years ago (although your experience is much worse), and I vowed never to be a customer of Sprint again.

I had a phone/service with Sprint. After a period of time, I ordered another phone for my wife, but they sent me 2 phones. I called them and they said no problem, just send the extra one back and will adjust the charges. The next month I received my bill with the extra phone still on it. I called them and said this is a phone that I did not ask for, and I do not have anymore because I sent it back. They said, "Oh yes, I see now. I will attach a flag to your account so this will get fixed."

Sometime during the next month they disconnected my service. I called to find out why and they said I have unpaid charges. I again spent 30+ minutes explaining what happened, and they said, "Oh yes, I see now. I will attach a flag to your account so this will get fixed." They reconnected my service.

Guess what happened next?
    Sometime during the next month they disconnected my service. I called to find out why and they said I have unpaid charges.I again spent 30+ minutes explaining what happened, and they said, "Oh yes, I see now. I will attach a flag to your account so this will get fixed." They reconnected my service.

Again, can you guess what happened next?
    Sometime during the next month they disconnected my service. I called to find out why and they said I have unpaid charges. I again spent 30+ minutes explaining what happened, and they said, "Oh yes, I see now. I will attach a flag to your account so this will get fixed." They reconnected my service.

This time I got angry with them, and told them that whatever their method of attaching "note" or "flags" is not working, this is unacceptable, yada, yada, yada. Immediately afterwards, I also sent them a certified letter explaining the experience and my displeasure.

The problem was fixed this time, but I switched providers as soon as I could.
    Lord loves a workin' man; don't trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it.

right back at ya

Scout Team
    I switched from Dish Network to Direct TV a while ago. Sent back the equipment and they billed me for a 4th receiver. I went to my account and over 8 years I only had 3 receivers on my account and I sent the 3 back. I did have a repair call about 2-3 years prior and a receiver was swapped out, so we came to the conclusion that the technician didn't report the swap to the system. Anyway, this went back-and-forth several months where they would tell me I was getting credited and didn't owe anything, but would get another bill. Finally, they zeroed out my account.

Then, about a year later I was cleaning out my closet and guess what I found. A DN receiver.

Party like it's 1985!
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dead Redemption View Post
    I feel your pain. I went through a similar experience with Sprint several years ago (although your experience is much worse), and I vowed never to be a customer of Sprint again.

I had a phone/service with Sprint. After a period of time, I ordered another phone for my wife, but they sent me 2 phones. I called them and they said no problem, just send the extra one back and will adjust the charges. The next month I received my bill with the extra phone still on it. I called them and said this is a phone that I did not ask for, and I do not have anymore because I sent it back. They said, "Oh yes, I see now. I will attach a flag to your account so this will get fixed."

Guess what happened next?
    Sometime during the next month they disconnected my service. I called to find out why and they said I have unpaid charges.I again spent 30+ minutes explaining what happened, and they said, "Oh yes, I see now. I will attach a flag to your account so this will get fixed." They reconnected my service.

Again, can you guess what happened next?

This time I got angry with them, and told them that whatever their method of attaching "note" or "flags" is not working, this is unacceptable, yada, yada, yada. Immediately afterwards, I also sent them a certified letter explaining the experience and my displeasure.

The problem was fixed this time, but I switched providers as soon as I could.
    Your mistake was not asking to speak with a manager right away on the second call. None of the front line plebes can do much of anything.
    "Just because somebody's a talented guy or he's right for a lot of people
    doesn't mean he's right for us here at Nebraska." -Bo Pelini, 2/3/10