Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 4* Husker Target Aaron Bailey Commits To Illini

Its way early....no need to go into panic mode....alot of time left until signing day....there are alot of kids still out there....

This one is not all on the coaching staff....trust me on that....and that is all I will say.....

Distance as I suggested above played big into to this in the end....but the staff did everything right in this recruitment....

This coaching staff has done a great job on the recruitng trail this year....its only late April and we have 5 four star recruits....

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Howl View Post
    Let's not try to rationalize this away with an "Oh well, whatever." We wanted Bailey, and we didn't get him. This is bad news. The coaching staff needs to be working the phones like crazy and booking flights to wherever there is a QB that fits our offense.
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Red Shirt
    I'm not panicking. Just pointing out the facts of the situation. We wanted Bailey. We didn't get him. So we have to go after someone else. It is a setback, and so the coaching staff will need to work their behinds off to overcome it. Some of the best QB's are already committed, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Its way early....no need to go into panic mode....alot of time left until signing day....there are alot of kids still out there....

This one is not all on the coaching staff....trust me on that....and that is all I will say.....

Distance as I suggested above played big into to this in the end....but the staff did everything right in this recruitment....

This coaching staff has done a great job on the recruitng trail this year....its only late April and we have 5 four star recruits....

The staff is not real happy either....for obvious reasons....

Time to move on....I think he made a mistake....but its his choice and close to home...best of luck to him....

Quote Originally Posted by BornToBeRed View Post
    Beckman Gets His Man In Bailey

Player Profile

First off, I apologize for toting this one as 'in the bag.' I was clearly mistaken, and I'm still surprised at this one. He states in the article that he chose Illinois over his other finalist, Nebraska. With Ohio State and Wisconsin out of contention, I simply thought we had it. Apparently, the pull to stay in-state and be the face of the home university was strong.

All crow-eating aside, congratulations to Bailey on his commitment. Though I hate it, I think he'll do well there in that offense. Scheelhaase has had a great deal of success, and I think Bailey can too.

As for where Nebraska goes from here? Well, we'll cover that soon - but not tonight. I'm still ticked.

Its late April....there are no facts that early....and no its not a huge setback...we will be fine....

Look we got Armstrong last year and he was way under the radar....

Work their butts off to overcome it? Your a bit dramatic.....its late April.....there are allot of QBs still out there....

Like i said the staff is not at fault on this one....and like I said that is all I will say...

We have been through this before the sky is not falling....we will be fine....

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Howl View Post
    I'm not panicking. Just pointing out the facts of the situation. We wanted Bailey. We didn't get him. So we have to go after someone else. It is a setback, and so the coaching staff will need to work their behinds off to overcome it. Some of the best QB's are already committed, however.

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    The staff is not real happy either....for obvious reasons....

Time to move on....I think he made a mistake....but its his choice and close to home...best of luck to him....
    I know you're not going to go into specifics, but does that bolded portion mean you know the staff considered him a silent commit?

With this new info, do you think we're still looking to take 2 QB's as was discussed on the D Williams thread or was that more of a, "this guy's too good of an athlete to pass up even though we got Bailey? I don't think we HAVE to take 2 QB's in this class, but I definitely wouldn't be adverse to it

BTBR- Feel free to chime in if you have thoughts or insight, I just didn't want to ask you directly since I don't know exactly what stage of grief you're in and I don't want to be the one that pushed you over the edge...

Scout Team
    The sky is falling the sky is falling. Good greif some of you on here are just like little school girls that have been dumped by their boyfriends. Any of you who feel this staff is the reason please go root for another team. Go B1G Red.

Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by HuttoHusker View Post
    The sky is falling the sky is falling. Good greif some of you on here are just like little school girls that have been dumped by their boyfriends. Any of you who feel this staff is the reason please go root for another team. Go B1G Red.
    And there's the "go root for another team request".....I was wondering when that post will show up in a thread.....
    Quote Originally Posted by LarstheRed View Post
    I'm not looking for perfection, but you have to feel that every time Bo saw TM about to be interviewed he had to have a serious case of butt clench.

Varsity
    Although, I'm sure the staff wasn't happy about this decision, their actions have shown that they are not left with their pants down, they have just offered the young man from Louisiana D. Williams, I think his name is.

Anyone have any info on the two pro-style QBs we offered early in Travis Wright and Brayden Scott?
    I'm not looking for perfection, but you have to feel that every time Bo saw TM about to be interviewed he had to have a serious case of butt clench.

#1 Husker Fan
    I would personally like us to go after Brayden Scott. High on us!
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops

It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.

Cake or Death?
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRedDread View Post
    And there's the "go root for another team request".....I was wondering when that post will show up in a thread.....
    Yeah, it's really sad that people aren't allowed to express their opinions here sometimes without being told to go root for another team. I guess some people are just better fans than others because they act a certain way

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." -Carl Sagan

Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by The Impaler View Post
    Yeah, it's really sad that people aren't allowed to express their opinions here sometimes without being told to go root for another team. I guess some people are just better fans than others because they act a certain way
    +1

Cake or Death?
    +1
    BTW, that's an ugly helmet in your avatar, you really should find a new team to root for!

Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by The Impaler View Post
    BTW, that's an ugly helmet in your avatar, you really should find a new team to root for!
    yea, I couldn't find a red/white Oregon helmet but so I went with this....

#1 Husker Fan
    Although, I'm sure the staff wasn't happy about this decision, their actions have shown that they are not left with their pants down, they have just offered the young man from Louisiana D. Williams, I think his name is.

Anyone have any info on the two pro-style QBs we offered early in Travis Wright and Brayden Scott?
    Havent heard much on Wright. Brayden Scott will be camping at NU this summer. He doesnt have an offer yet, but I wouldnt be surprised to see on soon. Some of the trips he is interested in are Arizona State, Alabama, Florida State, Purdue, Tennessee, Memphis. I hope we offer soon because I think Oklahoma will be moving in on him.
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops

It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.

Heathen
    Disappointed he chose UI over us, but all the best to him. He probably has a much easier road to obtain some PT as opposed to here.

Remember everyone, we are not even into these guy's SENIOR years and I am sure there will be some 3*'s that emerge to become 4*'s and some 4*'s that go the other way. Lets wait for the sour grapes and dissention until after NEXT February

Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple. - Barry Switzer

Life is hard
    ; its harder when you're stupid - John Wayne

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by HuttoHusker View Post
    I agree with you. Whenever news like this comes out I could just about guess word for word what will posted by the "sky is falling people".
    Husker follower since 1962

Armstrong is the QB of the future in my opinion....and who ever comes in is going have a dog fight to get any playing time....I think Tommie is that good....and that will scare kids off too....some kids just don't want to compete....not saying Bailey is like that...but its the way it is....they want early playing time and want it handed to them....

We will get a good QB recruit....there are a ton out there....we got Armstrong who was under the radar....keep the faith...

Scout Team
    I might be concerned if it was January and we didn't have a prospect the caliber of Armstrong coming to town. Would have loved to have seen him N, just wasn't meant to be.

I say forget that! Stay on him, Illinois is in some trouble; I don't think they will be very good for a few years to come and even then they are looking at a slightly higher than .500 season. New coaches, inconsistent offense, and their defense is set to lose most of its talent after this year.

We can bank on the fact that a QB hasn't emerged as a viable back up or replacement for TM and he could come in for playing time right away. I don't buy that staying close to home brand, Lincoln isn't that far away to where your parents can't come see home games or to where you can't go home for a weekend. I think something scared him outside of proximity.

We have some good QB's and I don't think there is anything wrong with taking a risk on somebody with all of the schollie's they have this year. It's odd that he was so high on the Huskers and then commits before summer even starts. Does anyone know if he attended their spring game? Did his commit come after a visit?

Cake or Death?
    Quote Originally Posted by denisonred View Post
    I agree with you. Whenever news like this comes out I could just about guess word for word what will posted by the "sky is falling people".
    Do you agree they should go root for another team too?