Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 61 to 74 of 74

Thread: 4* Husker Target Aaron Bailey Commits To Illini

  1. #61
    Moderator
    Red Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    127,133
    Marsh is not going to play QB and three of those listed are walk-on's so really we have only three QBs on scholarship so we are not as good there as you try to make it sound....so taking 2 Qbs would not be out of bounds and could actually be argued is a real need...

    So I disagree with you on that....

    Also we do not need two RBs and I could go on....

    Based on sheer numbes 25-28 we have the room for a second QB and as I said I could argue the need....

    Quote Originally Posted by jslsker View Post
    I personally don't want to see 2 QBs taken. Just find one good overall prospect at the position.

    We have Martinez, Carnes, Marsh, Armstrong, 2012 recruit, Brokemeier, Ridder and Fife at QB next year. We are pretty good there. I'd much rather see us get a second RB, third tight end, actually recruit a competent center, third or fourth d-end, extra d-tackle, safety..you name it.
    Based on sheer numbers...the need is greater elsewhere IMO
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Marsh is not going to play QB and three of those listed are walk-on's so really we have only three QBs on scholarship so we are not as good there as you try to make it sound....so taking 2 Qbs would not be out of bounds and could actually be argued is a real need...

    So I disagree with you on that....

    Also we do not need two RBs and I could go on....

    Based on sheer numbes 25-28 we have the room for a second QB and as I said I could argue the need....
    I agree with you that if we take 25-28...we have the room for a second RB. We'd also have the room for the second RB.

    I'll be very surprised, very pleasantly surprised, in fact, if we take 25-28 though.

  3. #63
    Moderator
    Red Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    127,133
    25-28 will happen....

    We don't need a second RB....the fact we moved Heard tells you that....

    We have 3 skollie QBs and one is a true-Frosh.....

    Quote Originally Posted by jslsker View Post
    I agree with you that if we take 25-28...we have the room for a second RB. We'd also have the room for the second RB.

    I'll be very surprised, very pleasantly surprised, in fact, if we take 25-28 though.
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    25-28 will happen....

    We don't need a second RB....the fact we moved Heard tells you that....

    We have 3 skollie QBs and one is a true-Frosh.....
    I'd like to see it...but I'll remain skeptical on that.

    We don't need one this year....we do next year. We should be carrying more RBs than QBs on the roster. We use alot more of them.

    And right now we have 4 QBs. We moved Marsh...I don't see us moving him back.

  5. #65
    Moderator
    Red Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    127,133
    Marsh will not play QB at Nebraska....with all due respect he was a 2** 5.3 rated out of high school....your reaching on your QB argument big-time...

    Frankly allot of folk were surprised Marsh even got a scholarship to be bluntly honest....

    Remain skeptical...thats your right....

    So we don't need a QB this year? Thats what your saying....are you serious??? I'm starting to wonder.....

    We don't have enough carries for the RBs we have now....with Cross we are 4 deep....and throw Marrow into the pot and its 5 deep....yet we need two more RB according to you....even with Burkhead graduating we will still be 5 deep with one RB in this class....thats enough.....

    Quote Originally Posted by jslsker View Post
    I'd like to see it...but I'll remain skeptical on that.

    We don't need one this year....we do next year. We should be carrying more RBs than QBs on the roster. We use alot more of them.

    And right now we have 4 QBs. We moved Marsh...I don't see us moving him back.
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Marsh will not play QB at Nebraska....with all due respect he was a 2** 5.3 rated out of high school....your reaching on your QB argument big-time...

    Frankly allot of folk were surprised Marsh even got a scholarship to be bluntly honest....

    Remain skeptical...thats your right....

    So we don't need a QB this year? Thats what your saying....are you serious??? I'm starting to wonder.....

    We don't have enough carries for the RBs we have now....with Cross we are 4 deep....and throw Marrow into the pot and its 5 deep....yet we need two more RB according to you....even with Burkhead graduating we will still be 5 deep with one RB in this class....thats enough.....
    I'm not saying he will play...I'm saying he is at QB. We are slated to be carrying 4 guys on scholarship at QB next year, without anyone in this class. We are slated to be carrying 3 guys on scholarship at RB (listing Marrow as a FB). That shouldn't happen.

    That's not what I am saying at all. What I am saying is that we don't need 2 QBs this class. We'd be dumb not to take one. It's the second one that shouldn't be a priority. We have much bigger needs. If we get to 25-28, that changes things, but like I said above, I'd be surprised if we got there.

    We are 4 deep this year. We lose our workhorse in Rex. Next year we have Green, Abdullah and Cross. Lots of potential there. Lots of unproven inexperience too. And considering most years over the past 8 years, we've needed 3 healthy running backs...it'd be safe to have a second guy in this class. You add two guys in this class, you can redshirt one for the future and possibly a second if all of the above pan out. If someone blows a knee or Cross is a bust...we will need another guy for next year. IMO, we should never have less than 5 scholarship RBs considering the wear and tear that gets put on the position.

    Assuming we take one of each in this class that leaves us with 5 guys on scholarship at QB next year with only 4 at RB. If we only had room to take one extra player...it makes a lot more sense that it's at RB. Considering the wear and tear of the position and the number of guys that actually play...it's not wise to have 2 more guys on scholarship at QB then at RB.

  7. #67
    Cake or Death?
    The Impaler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    still in ********** Texas via Alliance
    Posts
    7,571
    Quote Originally Posted by HuttoHusker View Post
    Impaler, some times emotions run high when it come to our Huskers, I apologize if I offended you by that statement. Pease...
    No offense taken my friend. I understand about the emotion thing to be sure.

    "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." -Carl Sagan

    "Guns don't kill people, people kill people, and monkeys do too (if they have a gun)" - Eddie Izzard



  8. #68
    Moderator
    Red Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    127,133
    He won't play....thus we have three scholarship QBs and Martinez will graduate next year and Carnes will be a Jr.....a real argument to take two and if TM goes down this year we are going to be in a world of hurt experience wise......using your logic.....

    As for RB....I still disagree....Marrow is going to be used at FB and RB too......honestly we didn't have enough carries to go around last year.....and one RB transfered.....and two graduated early and never saw the field in Ward and Okafor.....where as Abdullah and Green actually have some experience and should see more time this year....

    I would be surprised if we take more than one RB this year based on all I have read and been told.....

    Quote Originally Posted by jslsker View Post
    I'm not saying he will play...I'm saying he is at QB. We are slated to be carrying 4 guys on scholarship at QB next year, without anyone in this class. We are slated to be carrying 3 guys on scholarship at RB (listing Marrow as a FB). That shouldn't happen.

    That's not what I am saying at all. What I am saying is that we don't need 2 QBs this class. We'd be dumb not to take one. It's the second one that shouldn't be a priority. We have much bigger needs. If we get to 25-28, that changes things, but like I said above, I'd be surprised if we got there.

    We are 4 deep this year. We lose our workhorse in Rex. Next year we have Green, Abdullah and Cross. Lots of potential there. Lots of unproven inexperience too. And considering most years over the past 8 years, we've needed 3 healthy running backs...it'd be safe to have a second guy in this class. You add two guys in this class, you can redshirt one for the future and possibly a second if all of the above pan out. If someone blows a knee or Cross is a bust...we will need another guy for next year. IMO, we should never have less than 5 scholarship RBs considering the wear and tear that gets put on the position.

    Assuming we take one of each in this class that leaves us with 5 guys on scholarship at QB next year with only 4 at RB. If we only had room to take one extra player...it makes a lot more sense that it's at RB. Considering the wear and tear of the position and the number of guys that actually play...it's not wise to have 2 more guys on scholarship at QB then at RB.
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

  9. #69
    Cake or Death?
    The Impaler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    still in ********** Texas via Alliance
    Posts
    7,571
    Quote Originally Posted by denisonred View Post
    No but sometimes I think they should look at the whole picture before they immediately put a negative spin on it.
    I agree that it's a bit early to be panicking, especially with the commits we have so far I think this is a pretty good start to the class.

    "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." -Carl Sagan

    "Guns don't kill people, people kill people, and monkeys do too (if they have a gun)" - Eddie Izzard



  10. #70
    Starter
    HuskerRedDread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Back & forth between Omaha & San Antonio
    Posts
    12,721
    Quote Originally Posted by jslsker View Post
    Bo hasn't recruited a QB as good as Reesing yet in his time here (though I'm optimistic about Armstrong)....so yeah..I do think it is a stretch to say at this point.
    We haven't had a QB stay long enough to show that he can be as productive as Reesing. Reesing spent 4 years under the same system, HC, OC and was given a system that fit his skill set. We have had guys just as talented as he recruited and on the roster. I believe C.Green would have been a valuable weapon given a system that fits his skill set. Brion Carnes is just as talented, really hasn't started his career yet. Martinez has two seasons of eligiblity to prove that statement wrong and he's been pretty productive dispite is major flaws. I'm not going to mention Armstrong in that category because he's still taking pictures at Prom but I think he's pretty talented also. So, agreeing with RR, you don't know that so it's not a stretch at all. It's not like Reesing is a once in a lifetime type talent.
    Quote Originally Posted by BornRaisedBleedRed View Post
    I value everyone's opinion whether it agrees with me or whether they are wrong.



  11. #71
    "Knock, knock..."
    FeelLikeAStranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Hardscratch Springs
    Posts
    28,934
    Marsh is closer to playing QB than you may think, RR.


  12. #72
    Moderator
    Red Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    127,133
    Interesting....coming from you I take it as a fact....thanks....

    Quote Originally Posted by FeelLikeAStranger View Post
    Marsh is closer to playing QB than you may think, RR.
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

  13. #73
    Scout Team
    Huskerpilk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,227
    With Green leaving it appears another back might be a good idea.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRedDread View Post
    We haven't had a QB stay long enough to show that he can be as productive as Reesing. Reesing spent 4 years under the same system, HC, OC and was given a system that fit his skill set. We have had guys just as talented as he recruited and on the roster. I believe C.Green would have been a valuable weapon given a system that fits his skill set. Brion Carnes is just as talented, really hasn't started his career yet. Martinez has two seasons of eligiblity to prove that statement wrong and he's been pretty productive dispite is major flaws. I'm not going to mention Armstrong in that category because he's still taking pictures at Prom but I think he's pretty talented also. So, agreeing with RR, you don't know that so it's not a stretch at all. It's not like Reesing is a once in a lifetime type talent.
    We haven't. But we also can't say we have either. I don't like making assumptions about things that have yet to occur.







Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •