Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: John Edwards must being thinking WTH

Junior Varsity

John Edwards must being thinking WTH

With his popularity at 3%, Edwards must be thinking WTH. Two bastions of the left who had their own extramarital affairs walked away relatively unscathed. Clinton with his cigar in WH and Teddy K, that led to the death of a woman at Chappaquidick.

Will the left eventually welcome Edwards back and support him, should he decide to run for political office again?

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...ty-cbs-poll-/1
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    Thank God for Obama saving and transforming our economy albeit slower than any (including him) would like.

He's probably downright stunned by Newt Ginrich's being able to run for office.

Same with David Vitter running for Senate in Louisiana....

Quote Originally Posted by Showman View Post
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Junior Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by Showman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Same with David Vitter running for Senate in Louisiana....
    While both of those examples are legit to mention, I don't think they rise to the level of how Clinton disrespected the WH with an INTERN and leaving a woman to die to save his own arse like Teddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    Thank God for Obama saving and transforming our economy albeit slower than any (including him) would like.

Oh you mean like Warren G Harding (R) having sex in his Senatorial Office and the White House with several woman? And fathering children out of wedlock...

We could trade posts on this all day along.....but here is a decade of sex scandels from 2000-2009 for you from both parties:

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news...f-sex-scandals

Look none of these are good and to try and rank which is worst is silly with all due respect.....

Quote Originally Posted by HuZkurZ View Post
    While both of those examples are legit to mention, I don't think they rise to the level of how Clinton disrespected the WH with an INTERN and leaving a woman to die to save his own arse like Teddy.
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Husker Immortal
    After Billy Clinton, I've never thought of a cigar in the same way that I once did.
    God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
    the good fortune to run into the ones I do…
    and the eyesight to tell the difference.

All Big 10
    3%! That's impresssive! I wonder if Hitler might not poll a point or two higher than that?

I think that low number in comparison to other philanderers of the left and right is probably due to the fact that he was hirinng and bonking a floozy while his generally liked spouse was still dealing with terminal cancer. This was more than walking the proverbial Appalachian Trail.
    "It doesn't matter where you start or how people perceive you now or what your potential is. ... It's going to be how this football team comes together and meets the challenges ... I like our potential, but there's a lot of teams that like their potential. It's going to be how we put things together, how we grow and how we come together as a team. It's not going to be the best collection of talent, it's going to be the best team. ...." - Bo Pelini, Big 10 Media Days, 2014

Junior Varsity
    On the radio this morning a reporter covering the trial said that Edwards is so slimy he feels like he needs a hazmat suit to enter the courtroom.
    (old Gaelic saying) Chan eil h-uile facal sireadh freagairt. Not every question requires an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by huskernut View Post
    3%! That's impresssive! I wonder if Hitler might not poll a point or two higher than that?

I think that low number in comparison to other philanderers of the left and right is probably due to the fact that he was hirinng and bonking a floozy while his generally liked spouse was still dealing with terminal cancer. This was more than walking the proverbial Appalachian Trail.
    +1...

Hey, I actually once liked the guy and supported him... but I liked his late wife even more... I am pretty sure a lot of his more hard core supporters feel the same way...

Oh my!
    Quote Originally Posted by MyBraska View Post
    On the radio this morning a reporter covering the trial said that Edwards is so slimy he feels like he needs a hazmat suit to enter the courtroom.
    Everyone probably runs out of the court room to take a shower when it isn't in session.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." Ayn Rand

"Hillary has been cheated on more than a blind woman playing Scrabble. With gypsies." Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Oh you mean like Warren G Harding (R) having sex in his Senatorial Office and the White House with several woman? And fathering children out of wedlock...

We could trade posts on this all day along.....but here is a decade of sex scandels from 2000-2009 for you from both parties:

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news...f-sex-scandals

Look none of these are good and to try and rank which is worst is silly with all due respect.....
    Always wondered why Sanford wasn't charged with dereliction of duty or abandoning office.

Probably not a crime, but seems like there should have been something there.