Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: The real George Zimmerman

The Walking Red
    Quote Originally Posted by cm husker View Post
    Mexican maybe?

The article was reasonably fairhanded, and they didn't mention any other specific calls. Maybe they added the "almost all" because, while they didn't find examples to the contrary, they weren't comfortable asserting that there were absolutely none.

Among all the sites supporting him, have you found an example where he called in a white person acting suspiciously?

Plus, the addition of one or two calls about non-minorities doesn't really detract from the fact he often called about minority male youths and was often unable to articulate any behavior that was actually suspicious.
    Without knowing the actual transcripts of the calls and the particulars of the other calls, I wouldn't personally be able to draw any conclusions based on a report.

The media has already made numerous errors on this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by nems View Post
    LOL. In all seriousness, imagine watching someone from a distance having a phone call with someone on a hands free kit.

I tend to walk around in circles and use my hands when on a hands free kit.

Add the hoodie to the equation, and the likelihood the item he was reaching for in his waistband was a phone, and I can see how that might look suspicious to a reasonable person.
    While I was joking a bit, there's some seriousness to it as well. Does anyone REALLY suspect people on hands free sets from talking to themselves anymore. And, if he truly was witnessing mental illness, I'm sure his tone would not have been such that he used the crass language he did. Crazy dudes talking to themselves are not generally out sneaking around, acting suspiciously casing houses. Just seems like a stretch to now try and link a sign of mental illness to suspicious criminal behavior.

The Walking Red
    Quote Originally Posted by SealBeachHusker View Post
    While I was joking a bit, there's some seriousness to it as well. Does anyone REALLY suspect people on hands free sets from talking to themselves anymore. And, if he truly was witnessing mental illness, I'm sure his tone would not have been such that he used the crass language he did. Crazy dudes talking to themselves are not generally out sneaking around, acting suspiciously casing houses. Just seems like a stretch to now try and link a sign of mental illness to suspicious criminal behavior.
    Mental illness? I was referring to the looking like he was on drugs. I don't know if you know this, but people on drugs sometimes wander around talking to themselves.

As far as people not recognizing that someone was on a hands free kit, if it were in his ear and Martin was wearing a hoodie, Z would have had no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by CornfieldCounty View Post
    Why are you making this so personal?
    Just a term, could have used "in my gut"...or, "in my opinion"...or, "it makes the most sense to me". People make judgements about cases like this all the time. People formed opinions about Casey Anthony, too, and OJ, and the Cops in the Rodney King trials.

Mental illness? I was referring to the looking like he was on drugs. I don't know if you know this, but people on drugs sometimes wander around talking to themselves.

As far as people not recognizing that someone was on a hands free kit, if it were in his ear and Martin was wearing a hoodie, Z would have had no idea.
    What drugs do teenagers commonly use that makes them walk around talking to themselves? Honestly, that sounds like a description my grandma would give.

By the way, initially people blamed Trayvon for being in a hoodie...until it was pointed out that wearing a hoodie is like wearing tennis shoes....every one wears one. Are we now trying to claim that being on a hands free creates such odd behavior as to elicit calls to the cops. Zimmerman would have to be completely culturally illiterate to jump to that conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Pops View Post
    hey now!
    Pops, you are FAR more culturally literate then most of the 30 yr olds on this site. And, I mean that.

And, so no one gets offended, this has nothing to do with reading abilities.

The Walking Red
    What drugs do teenagers commonly use that makes them walk around talking to themselves? Honestly, that sounds like a description my grandma would give.
    Weed. Speed. Those certainly have affected me that way.

By the way, initially people blamed Trayvon for being in a hoodie...until it was pointed out that wearing a hoodie is like wearing tennis shoes....every one wears one. Are we now trying to claim that being on a hands free creates such odd behavior as to elicit calls to the cops. Zimmerman would have to be completely culturally illiterate to jump to that conclusion.
    Not at all. Again, how would he have known he was on a phone call if he couldn't see the phone or the headset?

Society Crazy Indeed
    Weed. Speed. Those certainly have affected me that way.

Not at all. Again, how would he have known he was on a phone call if he couldn't see the phone or the headset?
    Oh hell boy...I'll have to get you some of Pops spring mix....

Not only will you not talk to yourself....I doubt you'll remember your name

I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.I wont give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, and showed up for all wounded children.

Red Shirt
    My guess is the suspicious looking activity was because Martin was using a hands free kit when on the phone. It might look a little strange observing someone from a distance, wearing a hoodie, that is talking on the phone with a hands free kit.

Might even look like the person were on drugs, walking around, talking to themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRum View Post
    lol...pretty funny. Love the message at the end.