Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RNC chief accuses Obama of campaigning on taxpayer's dime

God I admire you.
    I wish we'd go to single term, 6 year term presidency. Then no president would spend the better part of the first 4 years playing safe politics to get re-elected while the other party does everything possibly to play political games and stonewall every decent idea to prevent re-election.
    "Just because somebody's a talented guy or he's right for a lot of people
    doesn't mean he's right for us here at Nebraska." -Bo Pelini, 2/3/10

Quote Originally Posted by FeelLikeAStranger View Post
    I wish we'd go to single term, 6 year term presidency. Then no president would spend the better part of the first 4 years playing safe politics to get re-elected while the other party does everything possibly to play political games and stonewall every decent idea to revent re-election.
    I've heard that idea pitched before and it's an interesting thought exercise for sure.

God I admire you.
    Quote Originally Posted by One Man Jury View Post
    George Bush is the magic answer to all the failures and bad behavior of B. O.-- and that stinks.
    Oh, but he was the poster child and savior for all the neocons after Clinton, don't you remember?
    "Just because somebody's a talented guy or he's right for a lot of people
    doesn't mean he's right for us here at Nebraska." -Bo Pelini, 2/3/10

Scout Team
    "The law, the Hatch Act of 1939, was intended to keep improper politics out of the federal workplace. At its best, it prevents people in political power from abusing their positions. It prohibits coercion by a government supervisor — such as pressuring employees to volunteer for or contribute to a campaign — and shields the civil service and the federal workplace from politicking."

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/31/op...w-misused.html
    Paddle faster, I hear banjo music!

RNC chief accuses Obama of campaigning on taxpayer's dime

I hope one-man jury comes back and explains to us why Obama is the worst for spending only 5,000,000 not 15,000,000,000 on something that every president spent money on since Ike.

RNC chief accuses Obama of campaigning on taxpayer's dime

Still looking for 1MJ to return.

Travel Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by One Man Jury View Post
    The thing that is so offensive about Obama is not that other presidents have done it to some degree. this man is above & beyond. He's been in constant campaign mode for as long as I can remember. He was flying out to multiple fundraisers a day many months ago. He's over the top on everything, it seems - over twice the golf outings of George Bush, he exceeded Bush's 8 year deficit spending in 3 years, he's over the top with his czars way in excess of any prior president, he's trying to implement policy by regulation far beyond any prior president, 1st president to take $15 billion from Medicare to give to his wife so she can hire Bugs Bunny to tell us all to move, making recess appointments when Congress not in recess, etc. If there is an award for "above & beyond," I give it to this guy.
    There is so much BS in there that unraveling it all would be tantamount to an intellectual lobotomy. Does he honestly believe it all or is he you just content to celebrate discredited propaganda?

If the former, I am happy to provide factual sources that refute much of it. T'would be a shame for him to build his tower of contempt on a foundation of quick sand.
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.” Marcus Aurelius

Husker Fan

knock me over with a feather. big whop.