Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Elephant in the room?

Husker Fan

Quote Originally Posted by utsker View Post
    It's funny how many people don't know the difference between the two. One was to unite, the other to divide.
    Thank you.

Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by Ruddman23 View Post
    I would follow Coach Brown to the ends of the earth and back again! He is a great coach and does not treat non-Christian players any different the Christian players. He and AA have just as good a relationship as the one he has with Rex. As long as he is not wearing a Nebraska shirt and he tells his audience these are his feelings not his employers then let him preach away. I know this is a hot issue but he has the right as an American to state his feelings. It’s funny how so many people that praised him for being asked to lead the pre-game prayer at the Penn-State game can now start bashing him over this.

If you are a person that holds the Bible as a word of authority then what he is saying is correct. When he walks into a room and talks to a player and his family they know he will mentor to their son if he chooses to come to Nebraska. The parents know he is going to hold their son to a high set of standards. Standards that will ensure their son is going to class, performing both in the class room and on the field.
    I love coach Brown and hope when my son grows up and starts off to college he finds a mentor like coach Brown that will have that same type of impact as the one I have held him to.
    Well said. Many very good people that I don't agree with their views in every area, but through their actions you see whether their hearts in the right place or not. Ron's has always been shown to be in the right place through his interactions with many, many people of varying views.

Unlike some, you don't wonder what he's thinking because he's very clear about his views, and you quickly learn that it doesn't interfere with the way he interacts with others that hold different views.

There is definitely an attempt to create a witch hunt directed toward Coach Brown. Whether it's to further their cause or just to get publicity, it's wrong to continually attack someone who has proven to be of the quality that he is, IMO.
    "Lay it down, forget it, take off your red, choose another team ... or stick with it."

Varsity

[QUOTE=Howlin Wolf;923459]
    Nebraska assistant Ron Brown says he will continue to speak out against homosexuality even if it costs him his job.QUOTE]

NEVER have seen this before, think your incorrect. NU has NO problems w/what RB does on his dime/ PER T.O.

All Legend
    Witch hunt...ya mean like Ron's persecution of gays?

All Legend
    Just curious....has Ron gone out and done some Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultry speaking....seems like that's been a bigger issue with the program than gays. Should he be speaking out against that too?

Varsity

Witch hunt...ya mean like Ron's persecution of gays?
    He's persecuting gays? As someone that posts as Nuke1970 stated on an LJS blog.

Ron Brown did not say he hated Gays. Typical distortions!!! He said that people who perform what the Bible calls sinful acts should not be a protected class. He has a perfect right to believe the Bible in spite of what you think. He is not going out advocating hurting Gays, but he is saying their style of life is something that does not requires legal protection and extra favors from the governement. Just as the government should not force Christianity on anyone, they should not be condoning / forcing homosexuality on anyone.
    "Lay it down, forget it, take off your red, choose another team ... or stick with it."

ToungeInCheek since 2010
    It's funny how many people don't know the difference between the two. One was to unite, the other to divide.
    It is also funny how people are not able to see how he is NOT being contradictory to his own convictions/beliefs.
    No koozies for you. - BigRedMax
    I'm the one guy who says don’t force the stupid people to be quiet — I want to know who the morons are. - Mark Cuban

Scout Team
    Ron Brown =/= Westboro Baptist

The man has an opinion, so let him speak it. You might disagree with it, but there's nothing you can do about it until Congress revokes the First Amendment. And regarding his employer? It doesn't matter who he works for as long as he's not claiming to represent them. He admitted that putting UNL as his return address was a mistake.

Have you ever smoked pot? Or broken the speed limit? Or downloaded a song or movie illegally?

Would you do the same thing on your employers' time? Probably not. If RB is called on the carpet because he (1) has a belief and (2) has an employer who doesn't share that belief, then we are living in dangerous times.
    5 National Titles. 9 Undefeated Seasons. 50 Bowl Appearances. 43 Conference Championships. 10 Division Titles.

3 Heisman Winners. 54 Consensus All-Americans. 28 Major Award Winners. 23 College Football Hall of Famers.

There is No Place Like Nebraska.

All Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Native View Post
    It is also funny how people are not able to see how he is NOT being contradictory to his own convictions/beliefs.
    didn't say he was being contradictory....said the situations were different...

[QUOTE=hskrncibolo;923551]
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlin Wolf View Post

Nebraska assistant Ron Brown says he will continue to speak out against homosexuality even if it costs him his job.QUOTE]

NEVER have seen this before, think your incorrect. NU has NO problems w/what RB does on his dime/ PER T.O.
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201....ap/index.html

posted in HuskerMax today

Red Shirt

Maybe hes just trying to keep them away from Nebraska, if thats the case I need to move up there. Way to many down here. I agree though he should pipe it down a lot.

Intellectual Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBigfRed View Post
    He's persecuting gays? As someone that posts as Nuke1970 stated on an LJS blog.

I find it humorous that the rube in the comments placed an upper case G on gays every time they references them.
    Life Lesson: DO NOT LET THE MAN KEEP YOU DOWN! http://forum.huskermax.com/vbbs/show...er-King-Jr-Day
    "Yeah, saw that only Larry, Moe, and Curly had chimed-in before the thread was locked. C'est la vie when the cumulative IQ of those 3 shxxxeads is something less than 200, with Squatch nailing down 3rd place. Almost not worth the keystroke time expended reporting those twits, however..."

I love fan mail.

Intellectual Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by ksuhusker View Post
    Maybe hes just trying to keep them away from Nebraska, if thats the case I need to move up there. Way to many down here. I agree though he should pipe it down a lot.

Wow.........just wow..........
    Life Lesson: DO NOT LET THE MAN KEEP YOU DOWN! http://forum.huskermax.com/vbbs/show...er-King-Jr-Day
    "Yeah, saw that only Larry, Moe, and Curly had chimed-in before the thread was locked. C'est la vie when the cumulative IQ of those 3 shxxxeads is something less than 200, with Squatch nailing down 3rd place. Almost not worth the keystroke time expended reporting those twits, however..."

I love fan mail.

When did he suddenly become a homosexual hater? He stated according to his beliefs its a sin...so what? If he hasn't discriminated against anyone on campus then this is nothing but negative press. Not saying that is ok, but I doubt it will hurt recruiting. Its unfortunate that they cannot separate his personal beliefs and his career but its just the world we live in. IMHO Ron speaks out about all sins, if u have heard him speek. The media just brought this issue out because its a hot button issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Will.I.Am Husker View Post
    When did he suddenly become a homosexual hater? He stated according to his beliefs its a sin...so what? If he hasn't discriminated against anyone on campus then this is nothing but negative press. Not saying that is ok, but I doubt it will hurt recruiting. Its unfortunate that they cannot separate his personal beliefs and his career but its just the world we live in. IMHO Ron speaks out about all sins, if u have heard him speek. The media just brought this issue out because its a hot button issue.
    He spoke against an city ordinance that is designed to prevent discrimination against homosexuals.

We can argue whether that ordinance was needed in another thread. But he did, whether he meant to or not, come across as someone who's willing to allow homosexuals to be discriminated against.