Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Huskers offer QB Damian Williams from Louisiana

Hybrid View

Exclamation Huskers offer QB Damian Williams from Louisiana

Brand new offer....3-star rated dual-threat QB out of Louisiana....does this mean we take two QBs or does this mean Aaron Bailey is not a silent commit as most folks think?

Watching him on film this kid is under the radar big-time in my opinion....might be a steal if we can move in and get him early before he picks up offers....

Yeah I know too many questions...

Only other offers are K-State and FIU....being recruited by LSU....no offer though and I would not expect one unless somthing else falls through....

Brian Perroni[/QU@bperronAccording to his coach, Rummel (LA) QB Damian Williams has been offered by #Nebraska #Huskers and #FIU this week

He has a great arm...some omph in it....really good mechanics....appears to be very football smart...and great footwork....also looks alot bigger than 6'1".....would assume Terry Joesph is recruiting him....

Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

A teaser on Scout:

Archbishop Rummel (Metairie, La.) QB Damian Williams didn't enter the Elite 11 competition with as much name recognition as some of the other signal-callers, but Williams -- a rare four-year starter at the 5A level -- put on an excellent performance and made the finals.
    http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73...2f1180178.html

God I admire you.
    Not blazing speed, but has some good wiggle in the open field and avoiding the rush. Looks good in red and white. Me likey.
    "Just because somebody's a talented guy or he's right for a lot of people
    doesn't mean he's right for us here at Nebraska." -Bo Pelini, 2/3/10

Agree....sneaky quick with vision....and yeah would be a nice pick-up...

Quote Originally Posted by FeelLikeAStranger View Post
    Not blazing speed, but has some good wiggle in the open field and avoiding the rush. Looks good in red and white. Me likey.

Scout Team
    Yeah, we really don't need a super fast guy just a solid runner and a good passer.

From last season...week 7.....

Junior quarterback Damian Williams of Archbishop Rummel is the R&L Carriers New Orleans Bowl/Greater New Orleans Quarterback Club, SportsNola.com and WGSO, 990 AM Prep Player of the Week for Week #7 of the prep footballs season.

The 6'0, 205-pound Williams carried 24 times for 176 yards and a touchdown and completed 6-of-8 passes for 152 yards and three touchdowns as ninth-ranked Rummel remained unbeaten at 6-0 with a 42-34 district win over 10th-ranked West Jefferson.

http://www.rummelraiders.com/n/wp-co...-of-week1.html

Terry Joesph is recruiting him....

God I admire you.
    Want! I see lots of poise and athleticism there. That's a great statline from week 7.

Red Shirt
    Not a flashy runner but great passing mechanics. Looks like he can make all the throws. Kind of reminds me of a Wisky QB from this past year.

God I admire you.
    Quote Originally Posted by gutterputt View Post
    Not a flashy runner but great passing mechanics. Looks like he can make all the throws. Kind of reminds me of a Wisky QB from this past year.
    I was kind of thinking the same thing re: RW.

Good analogy....I'd take that in a heartbeat...

I was kind of thinking the same thing re: RW.

More highlights:

Red Shirt

Great poise thats what we need. He doesnt get all shaky when things break down, just stand in there and fires away.

I agree...throws well on the run and has the football smarts to know when to take off....

Quote Originally Posted by ksuhusker View Post
    Great poise thats what we need. He doesnt get all shaky when things break down, just stand in there and fires away.

Junior Varsity
    Iron sharpens Iron, NU should take two qb's if possible and room ava.
    “If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”
    Samuel Adams