Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Doing some Recon Thurs/Fri Night

Society Crazy Indeed
    Quote Originally Posted by huskernut View Post
    Actually, think about it, I think Bob Dylan may have been one of my influences in coming to believe that an artist speaks through his work. I think he once said to a reporter at a press conference something to the effect of the song means what it means. I'm listening to one of those press cons on you tube right now to see if I can find it.
    Yes, also as a poet in the village in New York it's also interesting to listen to what he had to say as Robert Zimmerman ..I'll look for the interview If I can find it I'll post it. He said it was up to those like him to change what surrounds the people. Blowin in the wind and the times they are a changing became anthems for the civil rights movement.

I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.I wont give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, and showed up for all wounded children.

Quote Originally Posted by Pops View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SealBeachHusker View Post
    Ted who? lol

To me Ted Nugent has cheapened his rock and roll cred, and comes off as a reality show contestant.

He has every right to say what he says, but IMO cheapens him as an artist.
    exactly
    But, I also think the same thing about liberally leaning artists who overtly and repeatedly interject themselves into partisan politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Pops View Post
    I wont be there
    I was wondering if you were going to say anything. I was going to post "the puffs of Devil weed are where you'll find Pops!" but I didn't. But I just did now because you did. See what you did that made me do what I did...?

Doing some Recon Thurs/Fri Night

How was it?