Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Running Back prospects

I said 'expect'....no more, no less...

Quote Originally Posted by BulletForMyHuskers View Post
    It makes 100% sense that Heard would move back to the running back position, but you speak as if you've got insider sources that it is 100% confirmed he is. If you do have insider sources and do not want to cite it, then that's fine. To me, you just seem so confident for it to be just your opinion. I am not questioning you or your knowledge of the situation, but rather curious of the reasoning on your confidence level.
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Quote Originally Posted by Brew City Husker View Post
    If you are going to make wishes, just wish for a 6'1" 235lb Jim Brown type of running back with 4.4 or better speed and the agility to be an All-American in lacrosse.
    or Gale Sayers type

As bad as we were on defense, I'd just as soon see Heard stay there and recruit another back in this class.

Scout Team
    The last two 5 start backs we have recruited didn't exactly light the word on fire, so enough of the we need 5 start recruits talk. We need backs that will work hard and be team players. RB's are a dime a dozen if put in the right system. We will survive.

Travel Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by HuttoHusker View Post
    The last two 5 start backs we have recruited didn't exactly light the word on fire, so enough of the we need 5 start recruits talk. We need backs that will work hard and be team players. RB's are a dime a dozen if put in the right system. We will survive.
    +1
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.” Marcus Aurelius

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by BulletForMyHuskers View Post
    It makes 100% sense that Heard would move back to the running back position, but you speak as if you've got insider sources that it is 100% confirmed he is. If you do have insider sources and do not want to cite it, then that's fine. To me, you just seem so confident for it to be just your opinion. I am not questioning you or your knowledge of the situation, but rather curious of the reasoning on your confidence level.
    Not sure if RR has any inside info to his opinion, I dont, but I would agree 100% to moving Braylon Heard back to RB. Looking at the roster, Nebraska is clearly better off at CB than RB.

Mohammed Seisay, Andrew Green, Stanley Jean-Baptiste, Antonio Bell and Ciante Evans drew rave reviews this spring from coaches. With Charles Jackson, Josh Mitchell and Daniel Davie, their are some youngsters with promise already on board. At RB, after Burkhead graduates, there is Abdullah and Cross as young additions who have more than a year left. Heard moved to CB to clear the longjam at RB, a longjam that no longer exists.

In terms of recruiting for the '13 class, obviously now the Huskers will likely take 2 RBs if they find two deserving of spots. Overall IMO the Huskers are getting serious interest from better DB prospects than at RB so if Heard moves they will have an easier time replacing him with future talent.

Red Shirt
    Quote Originally Posted by ksuhusker View Post
    I would like to see a 5' 11" 220lb. Brandon Jackson type back, of course with a 4.4 40.
    Just go for it...how about a Bo Jackson type.

ToungeInCheek since 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskerpilk View Post
    Just go for it...how about a Bo Jackson type.
    +1. Freak of an athlete. My top choice.
    No koozies for you. - BigRedMax
    I'm the one guy who says don’t force the stupid people to be quiet — I want to know who the morons are. - Mark Cuban

Gunga galunga. Gunga....
    Quote Originally Posted by Native View Post
    Sans the avascular necrosis of the hip brought on by steroid use.

Nebraska fans, this is called someone in your conference having your back…welcome to the Big Ten. - HawkeyeNation

Red Shirt
    I am all for Heard moving back to RB. I always thought he had the most potential of the three freshmen RB's.

On a related topic, have we heard any more about King Frazier? He seems like a guy who could provide some depth.

All American

Unfortunately, we have already missed out on some excellent opportunities for this class. The timing of Leon Jackson, I mean, Aaron Green taking his ball and his box of tissues home with him really stinks. We just need to hope that Ameer conquers his fumbling issues. He was ahead of Green on the depth chart anyway. Thus, the reason for the transfer. But I digress . . . we have not generally had issues recruiting RBs under Bo Pelini. There is still plenty of time to get in on a quality RB (or two) in this class. RB now becomes a major priority for the 2014 class.

No argument from me....yeah Cross comes to mind....but yeah the timing really stinks....Aaron did us no favors....

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerInOkieland View Post
    Unfortunately, we have already missed out on some excellent opportunities for this class. The timing of Leon Jackson, I mean, Aaron Green taking his ball and his box of tissues home with him really stinks. We just need to hope that Ameer conquers his fumbling issues. He was ahead of Green on the depth chart anyway. Thus, the reason for the transfer. But I digress . . . we have not generally had issues recruiting RBs under Bo Pelini. There is still plenty of time to get in on a quality RB (or two) in this class. RB now becomes a major priority for the 2014 class.
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Red Shirt
    cross becoming the # 2 seems a little bit more realistic....

Red Shirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Native View Post
    Played 18 holes with Bo about 10 years ago. Always wondered what happens without the hip injury. He was on his way to be the best that ever played.

#1 Husker Fan
    I guess some of this depends on the status of King Frazier. According to Sean Callahan he should be eligible. But outside of that I cant find a thing on the kid anywhere.
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops

It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.