Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: Coach Thenarse

Red Shirt

Coach Thenarse

Great article on the front page by Brian Christopherson about Ricky Thenarse and his new coaching gig. Great story and makes you proud of the University of Nebraska and our football program. Guys like Thernarse are the type of guys that need to be coaching kids in tough areas. They need someone that can relate to them. Plus, hopefully Coach Thenarse finds some good players to send to Nebraska!

Go Big Red!

http://huskerextra.com/sports/husker...c41d3a8f8.html

Junior Varsity
    Kinda makes me proud of Thenarse along with the University... ;o). Ricky did everything and more while at UNL from what I hae understood, and while his football career wasn't what I am sure he thought it would be, handled it with grace and aplomb. Good luck and God bless, Ricky.
    When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion. - A. Lincoln

We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are. - Anais Nin

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Sir W. Churchill

Spend 50% of your time taking care of your business and 50% leaving everyone else's alone.

Recruit
    Good Luck Coach Thenarse, with coach Sanders at USC to lend a mentoring hand, I think Ricky is going to do great!
    GBR

Very encouraging.

Junior Varsity
    Great stuff. Go Ricky - your kids are lucky.
    (old Gaelic saying) Chan eil h-uile facal sireadh freagairt. Not every question requires an answer.

Very cool story. I wish Coach Thenarse all the best in what looks to be a very difficult job.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II

God I admire you.
    Great story. Hopefully he can have a very positive influence on a lot of young kids.
    "Just because somebody's a talented guy or he's right for a lot of people
    doesn't mean he's right for us here at Nebraska." -Bo Pelini, 2/3/10

Varsity

I also really liked this story. Hopefully Ricky can get even more kids out for his team by fall practice. It really shows that our current coaching staff is continuing what Coach Osborne's staff emphasized, education is important. That he wants to give back to his community and be a part of positive change in Watts just shows what kind of a guy Ricky is.

I just hope the knuckleheads that are jealous he got out and has an education leave Ricky and his players alone.
    Don't do a drug you find in Oakland. Ever.---The Oral History of the Big 12

Recruit
    God bless you and your endeavors, Ricky, and may he protect you. You've got more guts than I have going back to LA, as your brothers both died of gunshot wounds there. You are a genuine Husker hero, and I mean that 100%.
    "I'm not allowed to argue with you until you've paid."