Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 104

Thread: "Futuristic" uniforms option

  1. #41
    Scout Team
    DuckTownHusker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    4,198
    I took the time to track down each school's official Pantone-registered colors. Remember that these colors may look slightly "off" because these are the actual Pantone colors as reported by the various schools' identity and branding guidelines.

    Note that different fabrics, papers and other media will "represent" the color slightly differently. A shiny football jersey will look different than a matte-finished baseball uniform, even if it's the exact same color.

    Also, your monitor settings can play tricks with the eye as well.



    As you can see, Georgia, Arkansas State and Ohio State are almost identical to Nebraska - at least to the naked eye. Even NC State, Wisconsin, Maryland and Arkansas are all also really close and probably wouldn't look too much different on the field.

    It's not until you get to the more "maroon" tones of USC or Stanford that you really notice a difference.

  2. #42
    Varsity
    HuskerRedDread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Back & forth between Omaha & San Antonio
    Posts
    11,723
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBlack&Blue View Post
    Actually, while I'm OK with the futuristic uniforms as long as they're well done, this is the dumbest argument IN FAVOR of the uniforms.

    Just as USC owns Gold and Maroon, PSU owns dark blue and white, Texas owns burnt orange, and 'Bama and Oklahoma share that wine color they wear, WE ARE THE BIG RED.

    There is no other. We are not Louisville red or Wisconsin red (who copied us, FYI), Indiana red or any other red.

    We own it.

    Get that into your thinking.
    WHAT? And the sad thing is...........you are serious. It's one thing to say it's the dumbest argument but then it's another thing to put out an even dumber reason to why it's a dumb argument.........

    We don't own JACK...... If another school is created or a school decides to change it's school colors to Scarlet and Cream, they DO NOT have to contact the University of Nebraska at Lincoln to ask permission, you know why..........because we don't own any colors, and to think we do is dumb. Nor does USC ow Gold and Maroon or Penn St own dark blue and white (which is actually Navy Blue). You can't own a color....as a matter of fact you can design your uniforms to look exactly like another schools unis excluding the school's name/mascot/symbol/etc......

    Louisville red, Wisconsin red, Indiana red, or any other red is all still RED. If the fans fill their stadiums with the school color and two of the schools are playing against each other, guess what, from the field you wouldn't be able to tell the difference which is the reason our own A.D. asked for the NU fans to wear something other than red when we went to Madison.

    So again.......we don't own RED. Especially sense Wisconsin's school (along with it's school colors) was established in 1848 and Nebraska came along 21 years later in 1869.....

    How's bout you start thinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pops View Post
    Well look at this! it is true..when one loses one sense..in this case a sense of humor, the other senses are heightened...In this case, a sense of self importance

  3. #43
    Varsity
    HuskerRedDread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Back & forth between Omaha & San Antonio
    Posts
    11,723
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBlack&Blue View Post
    Because they're making fashion statements.

    The preponderance of black is darkening, literally, the sea of red. Not a good thing.

    Don't be so quick to give up ownership of Red. We've worked hard for it for over 50 years.
    So who owned it before we started trying so hard to gain ownership?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pops View Post
    Well look at this! it is true..when one loses one sense..in this case a sense of humor, the other senses are heightened...In this case, a sense of self importance

  4. #44
    Varsity
    HuskerRedDread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Back & forth between Omaha & San Antonio
    Posts
    11,723
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBlack&Blue View Post
    Splitting hairs IMO.

    Scarlet = Red.

    The cream vs white just isn't that important or noticeable, since there are varying shades of cream, and most of what I've seen from NU over the life of the program (Admittedly hard to tell in the old B/W photos,)is of a lighter cream closer to white.

    And, since the modern era began, we've owned "Go Big Red."

    Cardinal = Red
    Scarlet = Red
    Crimson = Red
    Vermilion = Red
    Garnet = Red
    Cherry = Red
    Carnelian = Red

    Those are the official colors of the schools whom all have red in their uniforms. Different names for one color........Red. So I guess we own all of those correct. I think Nebraska would be pretty dumb to own a color and other school are allowed to use it without permission if they just give it a different name than Scarlet........

    And why is Cream less important than Scarlet to the point where as it doesn't matter if we have it or not because it's not as noticeable. The same could be said for red, which has been said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pops View Post
    Well look at this! it is true..when one loses one sense..in this case a sense of humor, the other senses are heightened...In this case, a sense of self importance

  5. #45
    Guest

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    DFW, TX
    Posts
    522
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBigfRed View Post
    Sounds like a game to listen to on the radio and leave my seats empty.

    Sad
    I simply cannot believe that you would do this based on NU being a little more marketing savvy with Adidas. If you decide to leave them empty as a sign of your disgust, I would be happy (depending on the date) to pay face value for your tickets and cheer them on.

  6. #46
    Guest

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    DFW, TX
    Posts
    522
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBlack&Blue View Post
    I agree.

    Uniform changes have always happened. Heck, we just played a throwback game with black numbers on the helmets. That was really cool, and I didn't hear many complaints.
    You and I both know that was only because it payed homage to history.

  7. #47
    Varsity

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    10,699
    Quote Originally Posted by DBP View Post
    I simply cannot believe that you would do this based on NU being a little more marketing savvy with Adidas. If you decide to leave them empty as a sign of your disgust, I would be happy (depending on the date) to pay face value for your tickets and cheer them on.
    Listening on the "Husker Network" is still showing support. Spent a lot of my youth having to get my Husker fix that way.

    Selling the tickets would be silly. While it wouldn't be noticed, the seats being empty would be the point.

    To be honest, I have faith that TO won't let things get as silly as some of the posters on here are lobbying. If it does, we have options.

    Some are declaring that "all" players are excited about wearing black in this thread, which is an outright misrepresentation.

    I know for a fact that a majority of the players that led our tour before this last season didn't think it sounded that neat. One of the goofball fans that are always badgering for a "black costume" asked about it. An offensive player and a special teams player gestured at a defensive player and said "that's their thing, we're here to wear the red".

    They expanded on that a bit. Kind of gave us goosebumps when they described the sea of red.

    The blackshirt that they were gesturing toward had a big grin on his face when this conversation was going on.
    "Lay it down, forget it, take off your red, choose another team ... or stick with it."

  8. #48
    Scout Team
    BigMacHusker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    4,928
    1. The uni described here is anything but futuristic, it's played out.

    If the thumbsucker generation is so adverse to creativity and just can't get excited about Husker FB unless we have black unis why not save a little money while we're at it and just borrow the Northern Illinois unis for a day? Better yet, let their guys play a game and rest our guys....who cares as long as they are wearing black eh? Let's have some "fun". It's pretty surprising we have so many fans who don't understand the brand we have built and what it is from the outside looking in. We could do something very cool with variations of cream/white and red/scarlet, but I guess no one would cheer for that.

    Who knew Husker FB would fade into obscurity and recruiting would fail without black unis, somewhere RuffBuff is saying "told ya so". Must be how Purdue and Iowa have had such a strangle hold on the B1G.

    I am now a shaved head 37 year old sticking up for the tradition loving blue haired knitters.........or something.

  9. #49
    To be honest I have always thought black was cool and, although its not an official school color, I think it would be great addition to Nebraska's uniforms. For the record I think Texas Techs unis are pretty cool.

  10. #50
    All American
    HuskerNCorpus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    South Texas
    Posts
    21,479
    Quote Originally Posted by FeelLikeAStranger View Post
    There are conflicting "insider" reports based on another board. One said this same info, another said that black helmets were rejected (along with chrome helmets) along with a bunch of other proposed designs. Nobody needs to get their panties in a wad or too excited just yet...
    Solly > Bry
    For the loser now will be later to win. For the times they are a-changin'.

  11. #51
    God I admire you.
    FeelLikeAStranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Hardscratch Springs
    Posts
    27,647
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerNCorpus View Post
    Solly > Bry
    Typically, yes. They both have their scoops though.
    "Just because somebody's a talented guy or he's right for a lot of people
    doesn't mean he's right for us here at Nebraska." -Bo Pelini, 2/3/10


  12. #52
    Cornhusker since 1969
    Nebraska1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio
    Posts
    5,171
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw11 View Post
    a friend of mine (S.E.) said he heard that our uni's were probably going to be

    Black helmet
    Red N
    Black/Red Unis
    No white whatsoever


    I say FANTASTIC....what say you?

    He is usually spot on with these types of tidbits


  13. #53
    Recruit
    Howlin Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    952
    Quote Originally Posted by redtildead95 View Post
    God forbid we have a little fun every once in a while.

    Whhhhaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!

    Somebody get the blue hairs a tissue!

    Blue Hairs VS No Hairs? Is that what you're proposing?
    You better hope the Blue Hairs don't abandon the team, 90,000 seats are going to be hard to fill with everyone of one opinion.

    Blue Hairs? that must be anti woman because I don't see many blue hair old guys that end up paying the tab?

    Unless you are talking about TO? I guess he's leaning blue.

  14. #54
    Guest

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wandering
    Posts
    298
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMacHusker:922099
    1. The uni described here is anything but futuristic, it's played out.

    If the thumbsucker generation is so adverse to creativity and just can't get excited about Husker FB unless we have black unis why not save a little money while we're at it and just borrow the Northern Illinois unis for a day? Better yet, let their guys play a game and rest our guys....who cares as long as they are wearing black eh? Let's have some "fun". It's pretty surprising we have so many fans who don't understand the brand we have built and what it is from the outside looking in. We could do something very cool with variations of cream/white and red/scarlet, but I guess no one would cheer for that.

    Who knew Husker FB would fade into obscurity and recruiting would fail without black unis, somewhere RuffBuff is saying "told ya so". Must be how Purdue and Iowa have had such a strangle hold on the B1G.

    I am now a shaved head 37 year old sticking up for the tradition loving blue haired knitters.........or something.
    Who knew tradition would fade into obscurity if we included black...

    As I said before, unlike many other schools that would use black to be "trendy" as many who are against it here claim is the only reason we would do it, we actually have a tradition that includes black. To pay tribute to the anniversary of the beginning of that tradition (which is at some point this season as stated by another poster in another thread) by wearing black would be awesome!

  15. #55
    Guest

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wandering
    Posts
    298
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBigfRed:921961


    Some are declaring that "all" players are excited about wearing black in this thread, which is an outright misrepresentation.

    I know for a fact that a majority of the players that led our tour before this last season didn't think it sounded that neat. One of the goofball fans that are always badgering for a "black costume" asked about it. An offensive player and a special teams player gestured at a defensive player and said "that's their thing, we're here to wear the red".
    Okay so you have two players that are against it/playing to their audience. Go back to several interviews and there are far more players for it on record. Probably why the defensive guy was grinning so much..

  16. #56
    Recruit
    Howlin Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    952
    Quote Originally Posted by caNUfeelit View Post
    Who knew tradition would fade into obscurity if we included black...

    As I said before, unlike many other schools that would use black to be "trendy" as many who are against it here claim is the only reason we would do it, we actually have a tradition that includes black. To pay tribute to the anniversary of the beginning of that tradition (which is at some point this season as stated by another poster in another thread) by wearing black would be awesome!
    Black first is not a color and not futuristic on it's own! Leave this to professionals and if Black is part of the uniform and creative--fine!
    But black helmet with a red N doesn't jump to the top of the list!

  17. #57
    Guest

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wandering
    Posts
    298
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlin Wolf View Post
    Black first is not...futuristic on it's own!
    False, sir!

    navy.jpgcrew.jpgvader.jpg

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRedDread View Post
    Cardinal = Red
    Scarlet = Red
    Crimson = Red
    Vermilion = Red
    Garnet = Red
    Cherry = Red
    Carnelian = Red

    Those are the official colors of the schools whom all have red in their uniforms. Different names for one color........Red. So I guess we own all of those correct. I think Nebraska would be pretty dumb to own a color and other school are allowed to use it without permission if they just give it a different name than Scarlet........

    And why is Cream less important than Scarlet to the point where as it doesn't matter if we have it or not because it's not as noticeable. The same could be said for red, which has been said.
    Are you like, what, 10 years old?

    We are THE BIG RED. Go study your history books.

  19. #59
    Red Shirt
    Huskerpilk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,689
    All this and no pics...

  20. #60
    Recruit
    Howlin Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    952
    Quote Originally Posted by caNUfeelit View Post
    Oh, this is the look I was going for! I stand corrected




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •