Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "Futuristic" uniforms option

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrobin View Post
    I vote for FUN!!!

A poll would be interesting: how many Fun Fans are out there vs. Traditional (boring) Fans.
    I don't create polls though, cuz I always mess them up.
    Awww. You're slacking. You gotta learn how to mess up polls that someone else creates
    Quote Originally Posted by Red_in_Blue_Land View Post
    Fear of spiders is aracnaphobia, fear of tight spaces is chlaustraphobia, fear of Ameer is Wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRedDread View Post
    Changing the uniform:

-I don't want to look like Texas Tech, Georgia, etc.....
    -(Dumbest argument in my opinion) When your school colors are red and white or some variation of the two, your uniform will look like some other programs....so what (we currently look like Wisconsin, Indiana, Louisville, Rutgers, Miami (Ohio), Stanford, Utah, Cornell, & OU.....as all have worn uni's that look similar or exactly like NU)

Actually, while I'm OK with the futuristic uniforms as long as they're well done, this is the dumbest argument IN FAVOR of the uniforms.

Just as USC owns Gold and Maroon, PSU owns dark blue and white, Texas owns burnt orange, and 'Bama and Oklahoma share that wine color they wear, WE ARE THE BIG RED.

There is no other. We are not Louisville red or Wisconsin red (who copied us, FYI), Indiana red or any other red.

We own it.

Get that into your thinking.

Actually, while I'm OK with the futuristic uniforms as long as they're well done, this is the dumbest argument IN FAVOR of the uniforms.

Just as USC owns Gold and Maroon, PSU owns dark blue and white, Texas owns burnt orange, and 'Bama and Oklahoma share that wine color they wear, WE ARE THE BIG RED.

There is no other. We are not Louisville red or Wisconsin red (who copied us, FYI), Indiana red or any other red.

We own it.

But the official school colors are scarlet and cream aren't they? You don't see the "purists" threatening to boycott games because we are wearing red and white...

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlack&Blue:921503
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRedDread View Post
    Changing the uniform:

-I don't want to look like Texas Tech, Georgia, etc.....
    -(Dumbest argument in my opinion) When your school colors are red and white or some variation of the two, your uniform will look like some other programs....so what (we currently look like Wisconsin, Indiana, Louisville, Rutgers, Miami (Ohio), Stanford, Utah, Cornell, & OU.....as all have worn uni's that look similar or exactly like NU)

We own it.

So why doesn't EVERYONE wear red at games???

Get THAT into your thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by redtildead95 View Post

Never happen. Memorial stadium has never had EVERY fan wear red for any game in history. This has been discussed at nauseum... BUT, the percentages have steadily grown since the 70s. When all these blue hairs and traditionalists were hippies or wearing mullets in the 70s and 80s, the stadium was about two thirds red. It has gradually increased over the years til now where its over 3/4s red. To the naked eye, and on HD TV it looks spectacular! Thats not going to change... even if we came out with cream unis for one game!

Its seems everyone's memory from going to games in the 80s and 90s said "every one wore red then, now theres too much black and grey!" yet in a thread last year everyone was challenged to find a stadium shot from the 80s and 90s where there was more red in the stadium than now, and * surprize * nobody could find one.

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBlack&Blue View Post
    No, we're not.

We, well at least I, actually want some creativity brought into this.

Slapping black on our uni is an easy out. Using some black is perfectly fine.

A black helmet with a red N isn't even close to being creative, attention getting, modern, hip, cool or anything else that makes this a worthy endeavor.

My concern is that they'll rely too heavily on the black to try to be different, but will end up looking like a cheap imitation of TT or Georgia.
    Those are great points, and I agree. Black uniforms are neither good nor bad - they could be either.

I don't want to look like a hot mess, but at the same time I really get irked by the fans who gripe about the littlest things - like changing the facemask from gray to red.
    5 National Titles. 9 Undefeated Seasons. 50 Bowl Appearances. 43 Conference Championships. 10 Division Titles.

3 Heisman Winners. 54 Consensus All-Americans. 28 Major Award Winners. 23 College Football Hall of Famers.

There is No Place Like Nebraska.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckTownHusker:921546

Those are great points, and I agree. Black uniforms are neither good nor bad - they could be either.

I don't want to look like a hot mess, but at the same time I really get irked by the fans who gripe about the littlest things - like changing the facemask from gray to red.
    Agreed. And the argument that black isn't a school color and is simply the fad doesn't carry much weight to me since the blackshirt tradition is just as iconic and readily recognizable to people outside the program and fanbase as the red N on the helmet...while not official it is a part of us whether the anti black uni folks like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by redtildead95 View Post

Because they're making fashion statements.

The preponderance of black is darkening, literally, the sea of red. Not a good thing.

Don't be so quick to give up ownership of Red. We've worked hard for it for over 50 years.

Quote Originally Posted by caNUfeelit View Post
    But the official school colors are scarlet and cream aren't they? You don't see the "purists" threatening to boycott games because we are wearing red and white...
    Splitting hairs IMO.

Scarlet = Red.

The cream vs white just isn't that important or noticeable, since there are varying shades of cream, and most of what I've seen from NU over the life of the program (Admittedly hard to tell in the old B/W photos,)is of a lighter cream closer to white.

And, since the modern era began, we've owned "Go Big Red."

Quote Originally Posted by DuckTownHusker View Post

I agree.

Uniform changes have always happened. Heck, we just played a throwback game with black numbers on the helmets. That was really cool, and I didn't hear many complaints.

Scout Team
    I took the time to track down each school's official Pantone-registered colors. Remember that these colors may look slightly "off" because these are the actual Pantone colors as reported by the various schools' identity and branding guidelines.

Note that different fabrics, papers and other media will "represent" the color slightly differently. A shiny football jersey will look different than a matte-finished baseball uniform, even if it's the exact same color.

Also, your monitor settings can play tricks with the eye as well.

As you can see, Georgia, Arkansas State and Ohio State are almost identical to Nebraska - at least to the naked eye. Even NC State, Wisconsin, Maryland and Arkansas are all also really close and probably wouldn't look too much different on the field.

It's not until you get to the more "maroon" tones of USC or Stanford that you really notice a difference.
    5 National Titles. 9 Undefeated Seasons. 50 Bowl Appearances. 43 Conference Championships. 10 Division Titles.

3 Heisman Winners. 54 Consensus All-Americans. 28 Major Award Winners. 23 College Football Hall of Famers.

There is No Place Like Nebraska.

Starter

We own it.

WHAT? And the sad thing is...........you are serious. It's one thing to say it's the dumbest argument but then it's another thing to put out an even dumber reason to why it's a dumb argument.........

We don't own JACK...... If another school is created or a school decides to change it's school colors to Scarlet and Cream, they DO NOT have to contact the University of Nebraska at Lincoln to ask permission, you know why..........because we don't own any colors, and to think we do is dumb. Nor does USC ow Gold and Maroon or Penn St own dark blue and white (which is actually Navy Blue). You can't own a color....as a matter of fact you can design your uniforms to look exactly like another schools unis excluding the school's name/mascot/symbol/etc......

Louisville red, Wisconsin red, Indiana red, or any other red is all still RED. If the fans fill their stadiums with the school color and two of the schools are playing against each other, guess what, from the field you wouldn't be able to tell the difference which is the reason our own A.D. asked for the NU fans to wear something other than red when we went to Madison.

So again.......we don't own RED. Especially sense Wisconsin's school (along with it's school colors) was established in 1848 and Nebraska came along 21 years later in 1869.....

How's bout you start thinking.
    Fear of spiders is aracnaphobia, fear of tight spaces is chlaustraphobia, fear of Ameer is Wisdom

Starter
    Because they're making fashion statements.

The preponderance of black is darkening, literally, the sea of red. Not a good thing.

Don't be so quick to give up ownership of Red. We've worked hard for it for over 50 years.
    So who owned it before we started trying so hard to gain ownership?

Starter
    Splitting hairs IMO.

Scarlet = Red.

The cream vs white just isn't that important or noticeable, since there are varying shades of cream, and most of what I've seen from NU over the life of the program (Admittedly hard to tell in the old B/W photos,)is of a lighter cream closer to white.

And, since the modern era began, we've owned "Go Big Red."

Cardinal = Red
    Scarlet = Red
    Crimson = Red
    Vermilion = Red
    Garnet = Red
    Cherry = Red
    Carnelian = Red

Those are the official colors of the schools whom all have red in their uniforms. Different names for one color........Red. So I guess we own all of those correct. I think Nebraska would be pretty dumb to own a color and other school are allowed to use it without permission if they just give it a different name than Scarlet........

And why is Cream less important than Scarlet to the point where as it doesn't matter if we have it or not because it's not as noticeable. The same could be said for red, which has been said.

Quote Originally Posted by GoBigfRed View Post
    Sounds like a game to listen to on the radio and leave my seats empty.

Sad
    I simply cannot believe that you would do this based on NU being a little more marketing savvy with Adidas. If you decide to leave them empty as a sign of your disgust, I would be happy (depending on the date) to pay face value for your tickets and cheer them on.