Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "Futuristic" uniforms option

Red Shirt
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw11 View Post
    a friend of mine (S.E.) said he heard that our uni's were probably going to be

Black helmet
    Red N
    Black/Red Unis
    No white whatsoever

I say FANTASTIC....what say you?

He is usually spot on with these types of tidbits
    I personally love it!!

Hope he is right.

Starter
    I'm for it. I hope the design is nice. Many of the players are expressing they would love to play in black uniforms. Some one mentioned already, if it gets the players fired up, it will get the fans fired up.

If or when black uniforms are announce, I shall make sure I am at this game personally just so I can sit next to some "traditionalist" with a bitter beer face on. My support of the team goes beyond a uniform worn for one game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red_in_Blue_Land View Post
    Fear of spiders is aracnaphobia, fear of tight spaces is chlaustraphobia, fear of Ameer is Wisdom

All American
    Why doesn't Tom Osborne embrace Nebraska??!?!!
    For the loser now will be later to win. For the times they are a-changin'.

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw11 View Post
    a friend of mine (S.E.) said he heard that our uni's were probably going to be

Black helmet
    Red N
    Black/Red Unis
    No white whatsoever

I say FANTASTIC....what say you?

He is usually spot on with these types of tidbits
    I'm going out on a limb here, but if this is really the "special" color scheme, I think they'll be brought out for the Wisconsin game!

Thoughts???
    Lurker Extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by AAL1006 View Post
    I'm looking forward to the change; it's one game everyone. It will generate buzz and additional revenue.
    Winning would accomplish the same goal.

Quote Originally Posted by BulletForMyHuskers View Post
    No kidding. It seems like there is more to worry about in life than the color and design of our college football team, especially when it is for 1 game. How ridiculous.
    Then why make a big deal about changing even if it is for only 1 game.

I am very much a traditionalist and won't apologize for it. I also have had people leave the game because they say they don't like to listen to me yell. I don't sit on my hands, I don't knit and I am not bitter I am voicing an opinion. I will always support the huskers (did even when cally was here) but it doesn't mean I have to like what "Everyone" else says is a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckTownHusker View Post
    The people who bitch about the black uniforms are the same people who quietly and politely knit quilts in Memorial Stadium during games.

If black uniforms get the players fired up, they'll get the fans fired up. And Lord knows that we could use some more fired up fans on game day. Half the time, our house sounds like a tomb because the blue hairs are too busy daydreaming about Dana X. Bible and the Ole Rattlesnake Boys of Nineteen-Dickety-Two.

No, we're not.

We, well at least I, actually want some creativity brought into this.

Slapping black on our uni is an easy out. Using some black is perfectly fine.

A black helmet with a red N isn't even close to being creative, attention getting, modern, hip, cool or anything else that makes this a worthy endeavor.

My concern is that they'll rely too heavily on the black to try to be different, but will end up looking like a cheap imitation of TT or Georgia.

Red Shirt
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBigfRed View Post
    Sounds like a game to listen to on the radio and leave my seats empty.

Sad
    Cool. Can I buy your ticket(s)?

Party like it's 1985!
    There are conflicting "insider" reports based on another board. One said this same info, another said that black helmets were rejected (along with chrome helmets) along with a bunch of other proposed designs. Nobody needs to get their panties in a wad or too excited just yet...
    "Just because somebody's a talented guy or he's right for a lot of people
    doesn't mean he's right for us here at Nebraska." -Bo Pelini, 2/3/10

Quote Originally Posted by FeelLikeAStranger View Post
    There are conflicting "insider" reports based on another board. One said this same info, another said that black helmets were rejected (along with chrome helmets) along with a bunch of other proposed designs. Nobody needs to get their panties in a wad or too excited just yet...
    if we don't change our Uniforms for one game next year than I am going to listen to the games on the radio

Starter
    Changing the uniform:

-It wont help you to win a game.
    -It won't cause you to loose a game either.

-Programs with rich history don't have to change use alternate uniforms to gain the attention of top recruits
    -How many of those programs have a "talent gap" to deal with in their back yard that's comparable to NU's.

-Programs like Bama, tOSU, OU, etc....have won games without making major changes to their uniforms.
    -Those programs didn't win because the DIDN'T change their uniform either.

-I don't want to look like Texas Tech, Georgia, etc.....
    -(Dumbest argument in my opinion) When your school colors are red and white or some variation of the two, your uniform will look like some other programs....so what (we currently look like Wisconsin, Indiana, Louisville, Rutgers, Miami (Ohio), Stanford, Utah, Cornell, & OU.....as all have worn uni's that look similar or exactly like NU)

The point is, this is going to do nothing to harm the tradition of Nebraska football. That tradition is carried by the support of the fans through the highs and the lows, no matter if you agree with the direction or disagree with staff hires. The players are on board, the coach is on board, the A.D. is on board, the fans should follow suit, and it will only provide more revenue for the program as well as add a little hype around a game played on Saturday which always helps with the recruits whom are looking in our direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red_in_Blue_Land View Post
    Fear of spiders is aracnaphobia, fear of tight spaces is chlaustraphobia, fear of Ameer is Wisdom

God forbid we have a little fun every once in a while.

Whhhhaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!

Somebody get the blue hairs a tissue!

The players are on board, the coach is on board, the A.D. is on board, the fans should follow suit,
    This. I think whatever they come up with, it will generate more excitment and exposure for our program and that is impossible to be bad. Personally, I am excited about trying something like this for one game. GO BIG RED!!!

Junior Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by unmartin View Post
    if we don't change our Uniforms for one game next year than I am going to listen to the games on the radio

All American
    Quote Originally Posted by FeelLikeAStranger View Post

Solly > Bummerbry
    For the loser now will be later to win. For the times they are a-changin'.

Red Shirt
    I vote for FUN!!!

A poll would be interesting: how many Fun Fans are out there vs. Traditional (boring) Fans.
    I don't create polls though, cuz I always mess them up.
    “It was almost like being the president.” - Jack Hoffman, in the White House.