Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Futuristic" uniforms option

"Futuristic" uniforms option

a friend of mine (S.E.) said he heard that our uni's were probably going to be

Black helmet
    Red N
    Black/Red Unis
    No white whatsoever

I say FANTASTIC....what say you?

He is usually spot on with these types of tidbits

Red Shirt
    I'm OK with it. Regardless of uni they are still the HUSKERS.

I don't like it at all, I think we'll end up looking like freaking Texas Tech. I don't like Texas Tech, I love Nebraska. Play with the uniforms, maybe incorporate some black as a neutral, but stick to the school colors and be more creative with design than color.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorageHusker View Post
    I don't like it at all, I think we'll end up looking like freaking Texas Tech. I don't like Texas Tech, I love Nebraska. Play with the uniforms, maybe incorporate some black as a neutral, but stick to the school colors and be more creative with design than color.
    Who cares if we look like Texas Tech for one game, especially if it gets players, recruits, and the younger fanbase excited? I mean we look like Wisconsin every other game.

Junior Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by kyle View Post
    Who cares if we look like Texas Tech for one game, especially if it gets players, recruits, and the younger fanbase excited? I mean we look like Wisconsin every other game.
    No. They look like us.

Varsity
    sounds like a dark future

Varsity

Sounds like a game to listen to on the radio and leave my seats empty.

Sad
    "Lay it down, forget it, take off your red, choose another team ... or stick with it."

Quote Originally Posted by kyle View Post

Originally Posted by AnchorageHusker
    Both Wisconsin and TT aspired to be like us at one point.

Maybe we should try some purple since K-State also wanted to be like us.

Why not the green and orange of Miami? Or the gold and maroon of FSU?

Or maybe those godawful colors VaTech uses. I can't even name them.

Here's a creative idea: include every color of every former loser team that used Nebraska as the gold standard of achievement.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

God of Huskermax

Quote Originally Posted by GoBigfRed View Post

Sad
    What a loyal fan. Give your seats to D-fresh and he and I will support the team.

Recruit

I'm looking forward to the change; it's one game everyone. It will generate buzz and additional revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by RedPhoenix View Post
    What a loyal fan. Give your seats to D-fresh and he and I will support the team.
    No kidding. It seems like there is more to worry about in life than the color and design of our college football team, especially when it is for 1 game. How ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw11 View Post
    a friend of mine (S.E.) said he heard that our uni's were probably going to be

Black helmet
    Red N
    Black/Red Unis
    No white whatsoever

I say FANTASTIC....what say you?

He is usually spot on with these types of tidbits
    I say What is Futuristic about what you just described?
    Same old same old and it will suck with the players, everyone will hate it and the Admin will say "well we tried it and no one liked it" so we won't go there again!
    I just hope your guy got his tidbit wrong this time, this sounds like something they could designed in the Home Economics department, not the Home of a major sports design company.

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBigfRed View Post

Sad
    Funny, I thought the same thing about your post....and all your other silly posts about this topic

I think its hilarious that a "fan" could be so bitter about something so petty that they would be willing to pout and stay home than go and support the decision that obviously the majority of the team (you know, the guys actually wearing the uniforms!) and football administration support, including that one guy that walks on water and can do no wrong to some around here....

Sad indeed
    "There's three ways to do things, the right way, the wrong way and the way that I do it. " - Nicky Santoro

"All things end badly, or else they wouldn't end. " - Brian Flanagan

Scout Team
    The people who bitch about the black uniforms are the same people who quietly and politely knit quilts in Memorial Stadium during games.

If black uniforms get the players fired up, they'll get the fans fired up. And Lord knows that we could use some more fired up fans on game day. Half the time, our house sounds like a tomb because the blue hairs are too busy daydreaming about Dana X. Bible and the Ole Rattlesnake Boys of Nineteen-Dickety-Two.