Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 15 Obama Administration Scandals

15 Obama Administration Scandals

Going to war in Libya without first seeking congressional approval.

• The GSA and Secret Service scandals neither of which should be blamed on Obama directly, both of which show his poor management of the federal government.

Yid with Lid

Wow. All that from a pure-as-the-driven-snow democrat? Say it ain't so...

Can't help but notice the lack of Obamacare violations in there as well, the big one being the requirement of all to maintain health care coverage or pay a fine.

Husker Immortal
    lying to the American people

Society Crazy Indeed
    Think you'll find a lot of false statement in those blogs you posted.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...ion-not-pursu/

I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.I wont give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, and showed up for all wounded children.

"Yid with a Lid" ... I wonder if he's one of those pajama wearing bloggers Palin spoke of?

Not a credible source, to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Pops View Post
    Think you'll find a lot of false statement in those blogs you posted.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...ion-not-pursu/
    When none of the defendants filed any response to the complaint or appeared in federal district court in Philadelphia to answer the suit, it appeared almost certain Justice would have prevailed by default. Instead, the department in May suddenly allowed the party and two of the three defendants to walk away. Against the third defendant, Minister King Samir Shabazz, it sought only an injunction barring him from displaying a weapon within 100 feet of a Philadelphia polling place for the next three years—action that's already illegal under existing law.
    Wall Street Journal

Society Crazy Indeed
    Quote Originally Posted by OmaHusker View Post
    still another opinion piece....find us some facts.
    THey are pointed out on politifact

I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.I wont give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, and showed up for all wounded children.

All Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBlack&Blue View Post
    "Yid with a Lid" ... I wonder if he's one of those pajama wearing bloggers Palin spoke of?
    Naw he is employed and doesn't live with his mother.

Not a credible source, to say the least.
    Well than it should be pretty easy for you to debunk them. Lets start with the first one. Your non credible source is the WSJ:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1243...html#printMode

Have at it.
    I am Fred Lawrence Anderson and I approve this post.

The facts are the same, Pops. You and Politifact just want to draw different conclusions.

On January 7, 2009, a couple weeks before Obama took office, the Department of Justice filed a civil action in federal court accusing the two men, as well as the New Black Panther Party and its leader Malik Zulu Shabazz, of engaging in voter intimidation. Although none of the defendants responded to the complaint, the Department decided last year to drop its case against all but King Samir Shabazz, the one with the nightstick. The department asked for, and got, an injunction prohibiting Shabazz from displaying a weapon within 100 feet of a Philadelphia polling location until 2012.
    Politifact

In the first week of January, the Justice Department filed a civil lawsuit against the New Black Panther Party and three of its members, saying they violated the 1965 Voting Rights Act by scaring voters with the weapon, uniforms and racial slurs.

When none of the defendants filed any response to the complaint or appeared in federal district court in Philadelphia to answer the suit, it appeared almost certain Justice would have prevailed by default. Instead, the department in May suddenly allowed the party and two of the three defendants to walk away. Against the third defendant, Minister King Samir Shabazz, it sought only an injunction barring him from displaying a weapon within 100 feet of a Philadelphia polling place for the next three years—action that's already illegal under existing law.
    WSJ

Society Crazy Indeed
    The pubs are hard at work as they should be but, if we are going to be honest lets be honest.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...fact-checking/

Quote Originally Posted by FLA4NEB View Post
    Naw he is employed and doesn't live with his mother.

Well than it should be pretty easy for you to debunk them. Lets start with the first one. Your non credible source is the WSJ:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1243...html#printMode

Have at it.

Nope. I simply don't have the time to dumpster dive into petty partisan politics, especially when the "proof" used to back up a partisan blog is a link from partisan opinion piece (to make it even less credible, the author's main qualification is being a "retired trade worker").

I try to keep my links from HuffPost to a minimum, as well was links from other obviously left wing (and right wing) sources. It'd be nice if the far right would do the same, but since that's all many of them read, I'm not holding my breath.

still another opinion piece....find us some facts.
    THey are pointed out on politifact
    I dunno, man. I clicked the links to Yid with a Lid from the OP, and random posts I checked from that site all seemed to link back to traditional news sources, not just opinion pieces.

Society Crazy Indeed
    Nope. I simply don't have the time to dumpster dive into petty partisan politics, especially when the "proof" used to back up a partisan blog is a link from partisan opinion piece (to make it even less credible, the author's main qualification is being a "retired trade worker").

I try to keep my links from HuffPost to a minimum, as well was links from other obviously left wing (and right wing) sources. It'd be nice if the far right would do the same, but since that's all many of them read, I'm not holding my breath.
    This

Heisman

The pubs are hard at work as they should be but, if we are going to be honest lets be honest.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...fact-checking/
    Uh, ok - except no one had mentioned health care and Obamacare as a scandal in this thread. So who are you arguing against?

Heisman

Thanks for that. But it would be nice if the far right AND the far left here would do the same, interesting that you only call out the far right. How many threads has RP started with HuffPost articles in the last couple weeks here? Way too many to count!