Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: KETV is reporting that Dennard was arrested

Quote Originally Posted by carrolltonsker View Post
    Just because someone is not hurt after an assault does not mean there was no intent to injure the person. I deal with assaults all of the time in my job. Thankfully, most of the people have no injuries, or very minor ones. That doesn't mean that the perpetrator was trying to hold back.
    You have a point, but I think for someone like Dennard, he would have caused some injuries if that was his goal. Maybe not depending on how many drinks he'd had. I don't know...not really worth thinking much about.

I'd put Dennard at the end of round 5 now. Wild guess. Hope he can take his lumps, put this behind him and seize the opportunity.

Husker Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by bilsker View Post
    Heard on the radio today he was seen as a second rounder. And all I've heard lately is that his stock has been dropping...before this
    I do agree that his stock was higher after the 2010 season. He very well could have been 2nd round before this... and maybe 3rd round (lower?) now.

Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    I would love to have such a perfect person working for me. You know of course, that what you are saying, because you KNOW his intent, is that he intended to get into a fight last night (when you try and do the wrong thing). How about he went to a bar, expecting to have a good night, and something happened. Didn't want to have an altercation, didn't try to have an altercation, no intent to have an altercation, just got caught up in the moment, and made bad choices. A mistake. Nah, someone as perfect as you cold never see that happening, right?
    Agreed. People that have never closely watched their minds don't realize that it is a tough beast to control and dding alcohol to the mix makes it near impossible. Maybe they are fortunate to chase relatively harmless things, like eating too many cookies, and should be thankful, not judgmental.

Founding Father

At least MSN isn't listing Nebraska in the headline

Just saw this on the MSN page, they have him listed as "Ex-Big Ten star".....could have been worse I guess.

http://www.msn.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberbach View Post
    Just saw this on the MSN page, they have him listed as "Ex-Big Ten star".....could have been worse I guess.

http://www.msn.com/
    Thee 'ol peepers lookin' a little rough, Fonzi.....

All Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
    Agreed. People that have never closely watched their minds don't realize that it is a tough beast to control and dding alcohol to the mix makes it near impossible. Maybe they are fortunate to chase relatively harmless things, like eating too many cookies, and should be thankful, not judgmental.
    Maybe they're smart enough to see what alcohol can do and avoid it. It has nothing to do with being fortunate, it has to do with making the right choices to begin with.

Travel Squad

Maybe he read the Scout Inc's take on him. "Dennard however, is a mirage. He struggles to turn and run, and he lacks that extra gear. He's definitely benefited from the Nebraska rep." He might have been out drinking trying to grease up that extra gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by huskrthill View Post
    It's like your keyboard is farting all over the Internet.

Am I missing something? I didn't notice intoxication was charged against Dennard. Fair assumption he was drinking, but we don't really know. Evidence seems to be mounting he has an anger problem.

Blackshirt
    Like drunken driving, usually folks that get in trouble for stuff like this have done something similar dozens of times before they got caught. From the initial reports, sounds like the police looked away a few times before they did what they had to do. I could care less what, if anything, this cost poor Alphonso in the draft. Next year, he'll be making far more than most thugs do anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by utsker View Post
    Maybe they're smart enough to see what alcohol can do and avoid it. It has nothing to do with being fortunate, it has to do with making the right choices to begin with.
    Sort of correct. Fortunate enough to be smart enough...

Not freaking out, just one mans opinion. You see so many athletes go through the process. Get wealthy and lose focus. Sometimes even before they sign that dotted line. I feel bad for the kid, but it's nobodies fault but his. I just wish these kids with first time wealth get some help in dealing with the great change in their lives. Not freaking out just saddened as it happens too often. I read of these things happening everyday. Nebraska has had their share. That five years of education would be a great time to prepare for the day they might have that big chance. He still can overcome this with a little help. I hope he does. Opportunities such as his don't happen for everyone and it should be cherished and nurtured. I'm still hopeful he succeeds.

Intellectual Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Fan of All View Post
    Like drunken driving, usually folks that get in trouble for stuff like this have done something similar dozens of times before they got caught. From the initial reports, sounds like the police looked away a few times before they did what they had to do. I could care less what, if anything, this cost poor Alphonso in the draft. Next year, he'll be making far more than most thugs do anyway.
    So now he is a thug after an arrest? Not even a conviction, but an arrest.

Douche move.

If it turns out that all sorts of acting out comes to light and he goes full on Lawrence Phillips I will aquiesce to him being a thug. At this point it appears that a young man made a mistake and simply because he had the honor of wearing the N on the side of his helmet he is under the microscope to this point.
    Life Lesson: DO NOT LET THE MAN KEEP YOU DOWN! http://forum.huskermax.com/vbbs/show...er-King-Jr-Day
    "Yeah, saw that only Larry, Moe, and Curly had chimed-in before the thread was locked. C'est la vie when the cumulative IQ of those 3 shxxxeads is something less than 200, with Squatch nailing down 3rd place. Almost not worth the keystroke time expended reporting those twits, however..."

I love fan mail.

Anyone else think he should save his one phone call to find out where he is getting drafted to? Maybe they can interview him during the draft straight from the slammer.

Husker Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Squatchsker View Post
    So now he is a thug after an arrest? Not even a conviction, but an arrest.

Douche move.

If it turns out that all sorts of acting out comes to light and he goes full on Lawrence Phillips I will aquiesce to him being a thug. At this point it appears that a young man made a mistake and simply because he had the honor of wearing the N on the side of his helmet he is under the microscope to this point.
    No doubt. Nobody says or thinks it wasn't a dumb move. And nobody will defend it. But the degree to which some are writing him off as a bum and a thug is a little wierd.

Sometime during the season last year there was a long article on the guys background and the "it's great to have his as a husker" sentiment was universal. Now the guy screws up once and he's a thug? Suh tries to kill QBs and stomp other players and the parade of people defending him is endless. Multiple players accused of sexual assaults over the years and nobody ever wants to throw them under the bus. Then denard foolishly takes a swing at a cop and he's instantly disowned. Husker fans are hard to read.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by bilsker View Post
    Husker fans are hard to read.
    Not really. We expect those in the Big Red Fishbowl to perform in all areas up to standards much higher than any to which we hold ourselves. It's predictable.
    "Even hayseeds like ourselves get to put our 2 cents in now. Truthfully most of us could not coach ourselves out of a paper basket."
    ---Russian Red