Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: KETV is reporting that Dennard was arrested

Intellectual Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbie's Daddy View Post
    Look on the bright side guys (if there is one), at least he didn't go all Scottie Baldwin on the cop.

Sorry, too soon...
    Nope, valid point. Not too soon from the second judge.

What has it been 12-14 years since Scotty tried to take down the female cop while naked?
    Life Lesson: DO NOT LET THE MAN KEEP YOU DOWN! http://forum.huskermax.com/vbbs/show...er-King-Jr-Day
    "Yeah, saw that only Larry, Moe, and Curly had chimed-in before the thread was locked. C'est la vie when the cumulative IQ of those 3 shxxxeads is something less than 200, with Squatch nailing down 3rd place. Almost not worth the keystroke time expended reporting those twits, however..."

I love fan mail.

Travel Squad
    Combine this moronic act with getting tossed from the bowl game and he deserves a serious slide.

How STUPID.
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.” Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by Squatchsker View Post
    Nope, valid point. Not too soon from the second judge.

What has it been 12-14 years since Scotty tried to take down the female cop while naked?
    Sept 7, 1992 - almost 20 years...

All Big 10
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    I feel bad for him. I know he made a bad decision (provoked or not), but let the person here that hasn't made mistakes step forward. I still appreciate all you have done for NU. Take care of this and then go kick butt the rest of your life.
    +1
    "It doesn't matter where you start or how people perceive you now or what your potential is. ... It's going to be how this football team comes together and meets the challenges ... I like our potential, but there's a lot of teams that like their potential. It's going to be how we put things together, how we grow and how we come together as a team. It's not going to be the best collection of talent, it's going to be the best team. ...." - Bo Pelini, Big 10 Media Days, 2014

Husker Immortal
    but let the person here that hasn't made mistakes step forward.
    A mistake is when you try to do the right thing and fail. Idiocy is when you try to do the wrong thing and succeed.
    I really hate Penn State! (And I'm not that wild about Iowa either.)

Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by utsker View Post
    With the new labor agreement, those obscene first round salaries have gone bye-bye
    Dennard was not going to even get close to the first round. An opinion like that is severely colored by red colored glasses. I remember when many people on this board thought Carlos Polk was the best LB in the draft and would go in the first round. Mel Kiper predicted he'd go much later than that. Polk went in the 4th round.

The only Husker who even has a chance of being drafted in the first round is David and the mock drafts I've seen recently have the Giants taking either a OT or a TE and David going in the 2nd round.

Dennard is the 9th or 10th CB on the board. This season did nothing but reduce his draft stock. The only way he could have possibly been a first round pick is to come out last year. Crick will be drafted before Dennard but even he's not going before late second, early third unless somebody does something amazingly dumb.
    Don't do a drug you find in Oakland. Ever.---The Oral History of the Big 12

Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by denisonred View Post
    Not a smart move. I cannot understand why some of these kids work so hard to try and make the NFL then throw it away.
    Because they think nothing bad can happen to them, it's no different than the mindset of most college kids. They also give in to peer pressure. Given that he got thrown out of the bowl game for getting in a stupid fight (anybody who punches another player wearing a helmet and shoulder pads isn't too bright) this is really going to hurt him in terms of NFL teams opinion of his character. Most NFL teams won't draft knuckleheads very high unless they're obscenely talented. Dennard is not obscenely talented in comparison to 9-10 other CBs in the draft and guys who are known knuckleheads have a tendency to do stupid things on the field and get penalties.

Junior Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by carrolltonsker View Post
    A mistake is when you try to do the right thing and fail. Idiocy is when you try to do the wrong thing and succeed.
    I would love to have such a perfect person working for me. You know of course, that what you are saying, because you KNOW his intent, is that he intended to get into a fight last night (when you try and do the wrong thing). How about he went to a bar, expecting to have a good night, and something happened. Didn't want to have an altercation, didn't try to have an altercation, no intent to have an altercation, just got caught up in the moment, and made bad choices. A mistake. Nah, someone as perfect as you cold never see that happening, right?
    When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion. - A. Lincoln

We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are. - Anais Nin

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Sir W. Churchill

Spend 50% of your time taking care of your business and 50% leaving everyone else's alone.

Husker Fan

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerWeatherman View Post
    If he went in the first round, it would be millions. I believe he was looking at no worse than late first round (but even if it was second and he dropped to third, it's huge).

I just did a quick google.... in 2009 (probably more recent can be found, which would only add to it), the last pick in the first round received an $11.3 million contract ($6.1 million guaranteed, signing bonus). Only 5 picks later in the second round, $4.93 million ($2.15 million). Huge difference between the first and second round. Drop down to the beginning of the third round, and it's less than half that of the 5th pick of the second round. You don't have to fall far to cost yourself a ton of money.

Heard on the radio today he was seen as a second rounder. And all I've heard lately is that his stock has been dropping...before this

Husker Fan

Quote Originally Posted by denisonred View Post
    Not a smart move. I cannot understand why some of these kids work so hard to try and make the NFL then throw it away.
    Didn't throw it away.

Husker Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Train View Post
    To have been through five years of higher education and do something as stupid as this is truly puzzling. To be so dedicated to a single purpose as to being a pro ball player and to flush dollars down the toilet at this stage means your focus isn't that great. Maybe it never was. Some people plain and simple should never consume alcohol. Dennard is plainly one of those people. A waste of education. Someone could have actually used the scholarship for something other than this, one would think. Maybe he can use this as a learning moment and walk away from the bottle, before he ends up penniless at forty as some do.

Jesus people. Freak out some more. Yes, he did something stupid but "Waste of education", "Someone else could have used the schollie", "walk away from the bottle"? Please.

Husker Immortal
    I would love to have such a perfect person working for me. You know of course, that what you are saying, because you KNOW his intent, is that he intended to get into a fight last night (when you try and do the wrong thing). How about he went to a bar, expecting to have a good night, and something happened. Didn't want to have an altercation, didn't try to have an altercation, no intent to have an altercation, just got caught up in the moment, and made bad choices. A mistake. Nah, someone as perfect as you cold never see that happening, right?
    Actually, the act of idiocy I'm referring to is punching a policeman in the face. No one forced him to do that. That was a spur of the moment decision that he made. What I don't know is why he thought that was a good thing to do at that moment. Quite probably the alcohol he was consuming was affecting his thought process. He may want to think twice before he consumes large, or even small, amounts of alcohol again.
    I really hate Penn State! (And I'm not that wild about Iowa either.)

Varsity

His intent doesn't matter. The fact is that I'm quite sure NFL teams have asked him about getting in to a fight on the field and getting tossed. He's got a durability question too. His stock has dropped a LOT since the end of his junior year. Yet he puts himself in a position to have something bad happen? That's just outright stupidity. Nobody focused on their future in the NFL even puts themselves in a situation like that.

Heck, a few weeks ago I read an article about Lindsay Lohan putting herself on "house arrest" until her probation ended in a couple days. It was right after that alleged incident with a parking attendant and she didn't want to get in any more trouble and jeopardize the end of her probation. It's pretty sad that LiLo actually made a better decision than Dennard.

Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by carrolltonsker View Post
    Actually, the act of idiocy I'm referring to is punching a policeman in the face. No one forced him to do that. That was a spur of the moment decision that he made. What I don't know is why he thought that was a good thing to do at that moment. Quite probably the alcohol he was consuming was affecting his thought process. He may want to think twice before he consumes large, or even small, amounts of alcohol again.
    The stupid act occurred much, much before that. Even if he hadn't punched the cop he still got in a fight. In today's world there's zero way that doesn't somehow end up on Twitter or Facebook and get found out by the media. Then he's got to explain it to NFL teams who already have questions about him.

Even if another guy provoked the fight, when you have $$ on the line you're an idiot to even put yourself in a position to have somebody else who's drunk mess with you. Dennard is just lucky he didn't hurt himself and completely lose out on the chance to be a draft pick.

Recruit
    The million dollar punch. Of course, I mean his UFL contract. Lets see, 4 years of high school trying to prove yourself so you can get a scholarship to college. 4 years playing for the Huskers. Pro combines...And then, one two many drinks at a bar....and now you are superman...nice punch there Dennard...still a felony...and on top of that,,,,a sober person video tapes the entire felony assault on a police officer...and turns the video over to the police...and I am sure the former nfl draft pick named Dennard will plead not guilty..even though the video shows him punching a officer in the face....maybe that crap is ok in Georgia there Dennard....but this is Nebraska...next license plate please. You would think 4 years in college would teach a person SOMETHING...like you can't assault a police officer....