Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: KETV is reporting that Dennard was arrested

Husker Fan

Quote Originally Posted by rockfordred View Post
    OK here is a little different opinion.
    This isn't the first time a football player who has used his eligibility has been arrested after a intervention with the Lincoln police department. Who antagonized who? I am not that quick to judge when it comes to he said I said.
    Lincoln has a police department that is less than tolerant of downtown bars. So what do you you think the attitude in the police department is? Been to many games and Lincoln over the years and having watched the police in action with 40 some thing adults there are some bad apples who were not trained to work with people.
    Denard is a high profile individual he may be wrong.
    Denard may have been provoked too?
    What do you think recruits think? Maybe the police department can play football and pay the bills at the University.
    Just an opinion.
    You're reaching.

If the basics of the report can be believed they were going to send him on his way 2 times. Seems they were being pretty reasonable.

Husker Fan

Why does the local media hate nebraska football? Identifying him as a Husker was COMPLETELY un-necessary! I mean his eligibility is exhausted!

sarcasm alert.

Husker Fan

Quote Originally Posted by AzHusker View Post
    'fonzo just opened up his wallet and poured millions of $$ down the gutter.

Talk about bad timing.

Not even close. He wasn't going to sign for "millions" in the first place. He'll probably drop some but he'll still get drafted.

All Legend
    2:15 in the mornings....nuff said

Travel Squad
    I was pretty surprised to see him throw punches in the game. Now I am less so, but, pretty dissapointing nonetheless.

Husker Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by bilsker View Post
    Not even close. He wasn't going to sign for "millions" in the first place. He'll probably drop some but he'll still get drafted.
    If he went in the first round, it would be millions. I believe he was looking at no worse than late first round (but even if it was second and he dropped to third, it's huge).

I just did a quick google.... in 2009 (probably more recent can be found, which would only add to it), the last pick in the first round received an $11.3 million contract ($6.1 million guaranteed, signing bonus). Only 5 picks later in the second round, $4.93 million ($2.15 million). Huge difference between the first and second round. Drop down to the beginning of the third round, and it's less than half that of the 5th pick of the second round. You don't have to fall far to cost yourself a ton of money.

Recruit

His NFL stock may be down but his UFC credentials are on a roll !!

Boy did he screw up coming back for his senior season

Junior Varsity
    I feel bad for him. I know he made a bad decision (provoked or not), but let the person here that hasn't made mistakes step forward. I still appreciate all you have done for NU. Take care of this and then go kick butt the rest of your life.
    When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion. - A. Lincoln

We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are. - Anais Nin

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Sir W. Churchill

Spend 50% of your time taking care of your business and 50% leaving everyone else's alone.

All Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerWeatherman View Post
    If he went in the first round, it would be millions. I believe he was looking at no worse than late first round (but even if it was second and he dropped to third, it's huge).

I just did a quick google.... in 2009 (probably more recent can be found, which would only add to it), the last pick in the first round received an $11.3 million contract ($6.1 million guaranteed, signing bonus). Only 5 picks later in the second round, $4.93 million ($2.15 million). Huge difference between the first and second round. Drop down to the beginning of the third round, and it's less than half that of the 5th pick of the second round. You don't have to fall far to cost yourself a ton of money.
    With the new labor agreement, those obscene first round salaries have gone bye-bye

Scout Team
    Not a smart move. I cannot understand why some of these kids work so hard to try and make the NFL then throw it away.
    Husker follower since 1962

Quote Originally Posted by utsker View Post
    2:15 in the mornings....nuff said
    Mom always said nothing good happens after 10pm.....

Look on the bright side guys (if there is one), at least he didn't go all Scottie Baldwin on the cop.

Sorry, too soon...

Scout Team

Yep too soon

Quote Originally Posted by Herbie's Daddy View Post
    Look on the bright side guys (if there is one), at least he didn't go all Scottie Baldwin on the cop.

Sorry, too soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Nebugeater View Post
    Yep too soon

Sorry 'Bout that....

To have been through five years of higher education and do something as stupid as this is truly puzzling. To be so dedicated to a single purpose as to being a pro ball player and to flush dollars down the toilet at this stage means your focus isn't that great. Maybe it never was. Some people plain and simple should never consume alcohol. Dennard is plainly one of those people. A waste of education. Someone could have actually used the scholarship for something other than this, one would think. Maybe he can use this as a learning moment and walk away from the bottle, before he ends up penniless at forty as some do.