Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 121 to 140 of 140

Thread: KETV is reporting that Dennard was arrested

  1. #121
    Outside of the Pelini criticisms, I agree with GFOA's posts here.

  2. #122
    Varsity
    HuskerRedDread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Back & forth between Omaha & San Antonio
    Posts
    10,762
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Fan of All View Post
    It's true that I can't prove it. It certainly seems strange though, that the minute an opening occurs, there's our man Bo in a story as a candidate for the job, despite his repeated denials. No other coaches, though more succesful than Bo, are mentioned. Recently Bo even gets quoted in the article about Petrino, just as the story gets juicey. No reason at all for him to be brought up or quoted, but gee, there it is. Looks to me like Bo and his agent could be putting this stuff out there. Why, when he's so happy? Maybe for money...or, maybe to stick in it Perlman's face for the public reprimand he got after the A&M game. Or maybe for Carl being welcomed out the door? But...maybe you are right and it's all a coincidence and all the AD's have Bo #1 on their lists even though NU is his dream job and he'd never even think of leaving.

    Ignorance is a choice.....I truly believe this now. Again, what can you prove, just because you can paint a picture to connect all this to seem like it is relevant, makes it true? You don't think the same could be made about other candidates in the opening for the jobs. I'll let you do some actual research....there's two other HC's who's names came up along with Bo's for the Miami, tOSU, & Arkansas job, can you name them. I bet I can paint the same picture for those guys and guess what, those same two HC's are still at their current positions and have expressed that they love what they are doing with their current program. I don't have insight to them so me saying that they have their 'agents' shopping their name around is a huge reach, just like you are doing here. Period.



    Thank you for recognizing the strength of my arguments. You are wrong though, I do believe that Bo can get better. I just don't think he can ever improve enough to get us where we all want to go. Also, if his agent thought that floating his names for jobs would get Bo more money...he'd do it in a minute with Bo's approval...no matter how happy Bo is.

    Maybe you don't know the difference between sarcasm and a compliment without a smiley face.....but that's not my problem. And it doesn't matter what you think, I'm not sure how you figure your opinion to be more important than others on this board. The minute Husker fans celebrate an accomplishment, you show up to express why its "not all that great" because we should want better. The minute something negative happens around the program, you show up to express that it's "Bo's fault for not having control" or some crap like that. No, one has problems with what you think, we just don't get why you try to so hard to push it as fact. With no proof to why it could be true, no body cares.


    Are you sure you weren't?

    If I were, do you feel good about yourself arguing with an infant?




    Who said it was the only bad decision? The other things you mention are pretty bad too. However, I'm still waiting for someone to produce a list of high character individuals who have punched out cops. I'm not arguing that the list of low character individuals is restricted to guys that punch cops.

    Well, maybe you should understand that it's not just about punching the COP, its about his decisions that make him who he is. Are suggesting that cops are somehow more important in life than civilians. You do understand they are just humans also, therefore, punching a cop should be look at just like punching anyone. Who you have called him a thug.....excuse me suggested that he is a thug......if the only guy he punch was the guy in the bar he was arguing with? Again, no one is saying what he did is justified in any way, but it's not like his intentions was to go harm an officer. In that case I would say Dick Chaney is a ruthless thug....he shot an innocent man and didn't even get a slap on the risk for it. Simply expressed it was an accident and we heard nothing more of it.


    I really do not care what you believe, but I don't think you are supposed to make personal attacks because you disagree with me. I think Red Reign says something like "attack the post, not the poster." Some might think this shows a lack of character on your part...not sure what side of that fence I'd be on. It isn't like you punched a cop.

    So, now you are getting emotional. Read it again, I made no personal attack, I said it makes me believe that............. is it true...who knows, if I touched a nerve....I'd lie if I said I was sorry, but it wasn't a personal attack. Some might think it's a lack a character on my part....I think that's their opinion, similar to what I think of you, so are they also making personal attacks?.........And actually I have punched a cop, a few times actually. My twin brother has been a Sherif for 15 years now. I must be the thug of all thugs.

    It was not a "silly" decision, silly.

    Sounds like a personal attack to me.....
    There you are. I don't know how to break up a post like you did so I responded with different colored lettering.
    Quote Originally Posted by LarstheRed View Post
    I'm not looking for perfection, but you have to feel that every time Bo saw TM about to be interviewed he had to have a serious case of butt clench.

  3. #123
    Varsity
    HuskerRedDread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Back & forth between Omaha & San Antonio
    Posts
    10,762
    Quote Originally Posted by BasilLongfellow View Post
    Outside of the Pelini criticisms, I agree with GFOA's posts here.

    You get that GFOA, you can start your church now..... You have a follower.....
    Quote Originally Posted by LarstheRed View Post
    I'm not looking for perfection, but you have to feel that every time Bo saw TM about to be interviewed he had to have a serious case of butt clench.

  4. #124
    Starter

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Multiple (Omaha, Las Vegas)
    Posts
    12,259
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRedDread View Post
    You stress that AD is less of an individual base on one incident makes me to believe that you are one of those guys whom haven't accomplished much in life based on bad decisions CONTINOUSLY MADE and seem to try to find fault in those after you because they are able to learn from their mistakes and continue to reach their goals.
    HRD, just wanted you to know that I reported this "personal attack" to the moderators and they said it was fine. So I guess the rules are a little looser than I thought around here. Sorry to have accused you so unjustly. I guess RR will have to let up on his "attack the post, not the poster" rhetoric.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Fan of All View Post
    HRD, just wanted you to know that I reported this "personal attack" to the moderators and they said it was fine. So I guess the rules are a little looser than I thought around here. Sorry to have accused you so unjustly. I guess RR will have to let up on his "attack the post, not the poster" rhetoric.
    Actually, you didn't report that post. And the attack the post, not the poster rule still holds, but as we've consistently said, posters who consistently condescend and make snide remarks like "were you born yesterday" and "why do you have such a hard time grasping reality" have less cause to complain when people respond in kind to such remarks. The Golden Rule goes a long way around here -- treat other people in the manner you yourself would like to be treated.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II


  6. #126
    Blackshirt
    BuffSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Down The Road
    Posts
    15,332
    It's a great day to be a Husker Fan!
    Live By The Code!
    (28-13-3) GATA If you see a skunk in the middle of the road, do you run it over or let it live? That is a quandary?

  7. #127
    Starter

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Multiple (Omaha, Las Vegas)
    Posts
    12,259
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownHusker View Post
    Actually, you didn't report that post. And the attack the post, not the poster rule still holds, but as we've consistently said, posters who consistently condescend and make snide remarks like "were you born yesterday" and "why do you have such a hard time grasping reality" have less cause to complain when people respond in kind to such remarks. The Golden Rule goes a long way around here -- treat other people in the manner you yourself would like to be treated.
    That was the post I reported. If the system didn't function correctly and said I reported a different post, then I owe an apology to whomever I (or the system) erroneously reported. That IS the post that I should have reported, so I guess you moderators can handle it from here.

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRedDread View Post
    You get that GFOA, you can start your church now..... You have a follower.....
    Whoa there bub. I wouldn't go that far.

  9. #129
    Varsity
    HuskerRedDread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Back & forth between Omaha & San Antonio
    Posts
    10,762
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Fan of All View Post
    HRD, just wanted you to know that I reported this "personal attack" to the moderators and they said it was fine. So I guess the rules are a little looser than I thought around here. Sorry to have accused you so unjustly. I guess RR will have to let up on his "attack the post, not the poster" rhetoric.
    Thanks for letting me know you went to "tattle" on me, but again, as I pointed out in my previous post, it wasn't a personal attack. I simply expressed what your actions make me think of you as far as to why you put so much effort towards stick a negative situation on a kid. Nothing more than that. I respect every man/woman's post's and opinions on this board. When I respond to any specific post, I am responding to that POST not the person who posted. Which is why you'll see me agree with a poster (even you) in one thread and the next thread you may see me arguing a different view on the next thread. When I state, "don't get so emotional" I really mean stop getting so emotional because just because we don't agree with each other on something doesn't mean I have a dislike of you personally. If you care to go back, I've offered to exchange info with you and offered a drink of your choice to create a neutral ground so that I could understand your views as a Husker fan at whatever game you would attend next in Lincoln. You shot that down by going "left field" on the subject that was being argued in that thread. It is what it is, though. No love lost. Not much gained either, but definitely none lost.
    Quote Originally Posted by LarstheRed View Post
    I'm not looking for perfection, but you have to feel that every time Bo saw TM about to be interviewed he had to have a serious case of butt clench.

  10. #130
    Varsity
    HuskerRedDread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Back & forth between Omaha & San Antonio
    Posts
    10,762
    Quote Originally Posted by BasilLongfellow View Post
    Whoa there bub. I wouldn't go that far.

    So, in other words the first round of Kool Aide isn't on you huh....
    Quote Originally Posted by LarstheRed View Post
    I'm not looking for perfection, but you have to feel that every time Bo saw TM about to be interviewed he had to have a serious case of butt clench.

  11. #131
    Varsity
    HuskerRedDread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Back & forth between Omaha & San Antonio
    Posts
    10,762
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Fan of All View Post
    That was the post I reported. If the system didn't function correctly and said I reported a different post, then I owe an apology to whomever I (or the system) erroneously reported. That IS the post that I should have reported, so I guess you moderators can handle it from here.

    No Apologies......



    Quote Originally Posted by LarstheRed View Post
    I'm not looking for perfection, but you have to feel that every time Bo saw TM about to be interviewed he had to have a serious case of butt clench.

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRedDread View Post
    So, in other words the first round of Kool Aide isn't on you huh....
    I'm all in on the Kool Aide. I disagree, vehemently, with GFOA's analysis of the coaching staff. I agree with him on his take on Dennard. However, I don't believe that makes Dennard a person of low character for the entirety of his life. I hope he can get through his mistakes, here.

  13. #133
    Varsity
    HuskerRedDread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Back & forth between Omaha & San Antonio
    Posts
    10,762
    Quote Originally Posted by BasilLongfellow View Post
    I'm all in on the Kool Aide. I disagree, vehemently, with GFOA's analysis of the coaching staff. I agree with him on his take on Dennard. However, I don't believe that makes Dennard a person of low character for the entirety of his life. I hope he can get through his mistakes, here.
    Yea, and I don't think, at least myself, that anyone was disagreeing with his take on Dennard's actions that weekend. My issue is labeling this young man, thus branding him due to a mistake made during one weekend. To say that he is a "Thug" or even hint that he might be because he got into an emotional (drunk emotional) altercation that resulted in him striking an officer is a bit extreme.

    Looking at the report, it doesn't tell me that Dennard went in rage to punch the cop. I get this because of the reactions the officers did in taking him down. No excessive force was used to subdue him, which is usually the first option when someone is attacking and/or placing an officer in physical danger. Resisting arrest could be for the fact that he refused to put his hands behind his back.

    Dennard hasn't shown that he was a "thug" during or before his time in Lincoln (mentioned he sustained a 3.2 GPA his entire time as a student). This even shall pass, I have no doubt in that, but for some reason, someone wanted to make it stick a bit longer than it needed to.
    Quote Originally Posted by LarstheRed View Post
    I'm not looking for perfection, but you have to feel that every time Bo saw TM about to be interviewed he had to have a serious case of butt clench.

  14. #134
    Starter

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Multiple (Omaha, Las Vegas)
    Posts
    12,259
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRedDread View Post
    Yea, and I don't think, at least myself, that anyone was disagreeing with his take on Dennard's actions that weekend. My issue is labeling this young man, thus branding him due to a mistake made during one weekend. To say that he is a "Thug" or even hint that he might be because he got into an emotional (drunk emotional) altercation that resulted in him striking an officer is a bit extreme.

    Looking at the report, it doesn't tell me that Dennard went in rage to punch the cop. I get this because of the reactions the officers did in taking him down. No excessive force was used to subdue him, which is usually the first option when someone is attacking and/or placing an officer in physical danger. Resisting arrest could be for the fact that he refused to put his hands behind his back.

    Dennard hasn't shown that he was a "thug" during or before his time in Lincoln (mentioned he sustained a 3.2 GPA his entire time as a student). This even shall pass, I have no doubt in that, but for some reason, someone wanted to make it stick a bit longer than it needed to.
    It really isn't worth but a few more seconds addressing your comment here. It is the last post from me here, so you have free reign in getting in the last word. I think you are wrong on this, I do think many here disagree with my take on this. I do believe AD showed himself deserving of the thug designation. I believe as Pelini does that your reputation is one of your most valuable possesions and it is far easier to wreck it than rehabilitate it--AND RIGHTFULLY SO. I think AD will be rebuilding his rep for YEARS before it is repaired...and yes, I do believe in redemption...just not usually before the guy is out of jail the way many here do. I also think the reports (and the felony charge) and it taking 4 or 5 guys to subdue him indicate it wasn't the lovefest that you portray. Finally, I just don't understand why you think his GPA (which is 3.2 evidently) means ANYTHING with regard to his character. It's a pretty well known fact that there are lot's of smart, and even hard working, criminals and thugs. Go ahead, have the last word.

  15. #135
    Scout Team
    BigMacHusker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    4,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Fan of All View Post
    HRD, just wanted you to know that I reported this "personal attack" to the moderators and they said it was fine. So I guess the rules are a little looser than I thought around here. Sorry to have accused you so unjustly. I guess RR will have to let up on his "attack the post, not the poster" rhetoric.
    Do you happen to know if Dennard reported the post where you personally attacked him? Oh that's right, he isn't around to defend himself.

  16. #136
    Varsity
    HuskerRedDread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Back & forth between Omaha & San Antonio
    Posts
    10,762
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Fan of All View Post
    It really isn't worth but a few more seconds addressing your comment here. It is the last post from me here, so you have free reign in getting in the last word. I think you are wrong on this, I do think many here disagree with my take on this. I do believe AD showed himself deserving of the thug designation. I believe as Pelini does that your reputation is one of your most valuable possesions and it is far easier to wreck it than rehabilitate it--AND RIGHTFULLY SO. I think AD will be rebuilding his rep for YEARS before it is repaired...and yes, I do believe in redemption...just not usually before the guy is out of jail the way many here do. I also think the reports (and the felony charge) and it taking 4 or 5 guys to subdue him indicate it wasn't the lovefest that you portray. Finally, I just don't understand why you think his GPA (which is 3.2 evidently) means ANYTHING with regard to his character. It's a pretty well known fact that there are lot's of smart, and even hard working, criminals and thugs. Go ahead, have the last word.
    You Darn Skippy I'm going to get the last word........even though I don't need it.....

    Let's see easy way to put it. His GPA resembles his work ethic in the classroom. How many thugs do you do know, that stay on the Dean's list their entire time in college.......

    And I never said it was a lovefest, I said he isn't as bad as you are apparently trying to paint it out to be. You see FELONY and automatically you want to claim he is the lowest of people, a thug. A buddy of mine side swiped another civilians car in Omaha on 72nd St in front of a mall right after Nebraska beat Miami for TO's 1st title. The car was scratched up and the side view mirror came all the way off. He got a small fine for and was able to go to some class so that points weren't put on his license. Misdemeanor is what he ended up with. He now ironically delivers Jimmy John sandwiches..... Yet, my older sister yelled at a cop who was blocking in at a grocery story while he was questioning some other guy he pulled over. Her being impatient, she attempted to back out, trying to squeeze through the space next to her and bumped the officers car. No dents, no paint even rubbed off but yet she got a felony count for reckless driving. I told her that her attitude is the reason the charges were bump like that. The event was as bad but how she handled the situation made it worse. Being the thug she is, she now preparing to take the Bar Exam this year.

    My point is situations are handled on a case by case basis, based on how the people involved use their decision making but even that does not place a lifetime label on the individual.

    And the thing is I was present for both of those incidents and still didn't put a label on either individual, though I told my sister to calm down and that she was over reacting. You weren't there with AD yet some how because of this event, you label him a thug and you claim that he has a history of doing this, even though their is no records indicating your blasphemous claims to be true............you gracefully given me the last word was the best part of your argument because the posts were left field and made no sense........

    Edit: had to proof read my post, don't want you going to tattle on me for "attacking you".........
    Quote Originally Posted by LarstheRed View Post
    I'm not looking for perfection, but you have to feel that every time Bo saw TM about to be interviewed he had to have a serious case of butt clench.

  17. #137
    Varsity

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    10,699
    There's a very strong and relentless effort in this thread to portray Fonz as an unredeemable soul.

    People of high character that have had similar issues or incidents in the past aren't names that rattle off the top of anybody's tongue because they've been given the opportunity to show their worth over the longterm. I know some well established people that have "spots" in their history when they were young, but rather than letting small minded people that would label them as "thugs", they continued to work with many people that would reach out and help make sure that the rest of their life had the opportunity to stay on track. That these individuals wouldn't be dragged down by negative labels designed to "put them in their place".

    They're good people that you deal with in your everday life that have an incident that they'd like to leave in their past. Lawyers, insurance agents, business owners.....heck, even a judge or two that I know of.

    You even see efforts to portray Dennard's incident as if he squared up an "punched out a cop", when the truth be told, you'd probably find that the officer was hit was due to incidental contact as Dennard was trying to break away from being held back.

    Obviously Alphonso was still in the wrong, majorly, but it still paints the picture totally different than the one some are trying to put in the frame.

    Another thing to kind of think about. While small minded people were trying to make sure negative labels stick to Dennard, from what I hear, last night he was participating in a charity basketball game trying to help those less fortunate. There was a basketball game between former Huskers and some of our officers with LPD last night put together by Eric Warfield to help the Lighthouse which is a place here in Lincoln that attempts to provide a way to keep kids off the street and provides the opportunity to go down the right path.

    No doubt Dennard would love to have a redo for that one hour of poor decisions, but if that's the only incident in his life, he's still way ahead in the character department over those that want to label him.
    "Lay it down, forget it, take off your red, choose another team ... or stick with it."

  18. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBigfRed View Post
    There's a very strong and relentless effort in this tread to portray Fonz as a unredeemable soul.

    People of high character that have had similar issues or incidents in the past aren't names that rattle off the top of anybody's tongue because they've been given the opportunity to show their worth over the longterm. I know some well established people that have "spots" in their history when they were young, but rather than letting small minded people that would label them as "thugs", they continued to work with many people that would reach out and help make sure that the rest of their life had the opportunity to stay on track. That these individuals wouldn't be dragged down by negative labels designed to "put them in their place".

    They're good people that you deal with in your everday life that have an incident that they'd like to leave in their past. Lawyers, insurance agents, business owners.....heck, even a judge or two that I know of.

    You even see efforts to portray Dennard's incident as if he squared up an "punched out a cop", when the truth be told, you'd probably find that the officer was hit was due to incidental contact as Dennard was trying to break away from being held back.

    Obviously Alphonso was still in the wrong, majorly, but it still paints the picture totally different than the one some are trying to put in the frame.

    Another thing to kind of think about. While small minded people were trying to make sure negative labels stick to Dennard, from what I hear, last night he was participating in a charity basketball game trying to help those less fortunate. There was a basketball game between former Huskers and some of our officers with LPD last night put together by Eric Warfield to help the Lighthouse which is a place here in Lincoln that attempts to provide a way to keep kids off the street and provides the opportunity to go down the right path.

    No doubt Dennard would love to have a redo for that one hour of poor decisions, but if that's the only incident in his life, he's still way ahead in the character department over those that want to label him.

    Really good post.

  19. #139
    Varsity
    HuskerRedDread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Back & forth between Omaha & San Antonio
    Posts
    10,762
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBigfRed View Post
    There's a very strong and relentless effort in this tread to portray Fonz as a unredeemable soul.

    People of high character that have had similar issues or incidents in the past aren't names that rattle off the top of anybody's tongue because they've been given the opportunity to show their worth over the longterm. I know some well established people that have "spots" in their history when they were young, but rather than letting small minded people that would label them as "thugs", they continued to work with many people that would reach out and help make sure that the rest of their life had the opportunity to stay on track. That these individuals wouldn't be dragged down by negative labels designed to "put them in their place".

    They're good people that you deal with in your everday life that have an incident that they'd like to leave in their past. Lawyers, insurance agents, business owners.....heck, even a judge or two that I know of.

    You even see efforts to portray Dennard's incident as if he squared up an "punched out a cop", when the truth be told, you'd probably find that the officer was hit was due to incidental contact as Dennard was trying to break away from being held back.

    Obviously Alphonso was still in the wrong, majorly, but it still paints the picture totally different than the one some are trying to put in the frame.

    Another thing to kind of think about. While small minded people were trying to make sure negative labels stick to Dennard, from what I hear, last night he was participating in a charity basketball game trying to help those less fortunate. There was a basketball game between former Huskers and some of our officers with LPD last night put together by Eric Warfield to help the Lighthouse which is a place here in Lincoln that attempts to provide a way to keep kids off the street and provides the opportunity to go down the right path.

    No doubt Dennard would love to have a redo for that one hour of poor decisions, but if that's the only incident in his life, he's still way ahead in the character department over those that want to label him.
    Great post +10000
    Quote Originally Posted by LarstheRed View Post
    I'm not looking for perfection, but you have to feel that every time Bo saw TM about to be interviewed he had to have a serious case of butt clench.

  20. #140
    Starter
    AzHusker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    20 hrs sw of Lincoln
    Posts
    13,740
    Quote Originally Posted by BasilLongfellow View Post
    Really good post.
    Agree. Thanks for putting truth into words, fRed.
    "Even hayseeds like ourselves get to put our 2 cents in now. Truthfully most of us could not coach ourselves out of a paper basket."
    ---Russian Red


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •