Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: Antonio Bell

Scout Team

Antonio Bell

I see where the LJS projects Antonio Bell as a starting cornerback. Surprises me in that I had not heard him mentioned on that high a level before. It seemed most of the chatter coming out of spring ball was about Seisay, Green, and Baptiste. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

http://huskerextra.com/sports/husker...20b1cc3ee.html
    Husker follower since 1962

Junior Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by denisonred View Post
    I see where the LJS projects Antonio Bell as a starting cornerback. Surprises me in that I had not heard him mentioned on that high a level before. It seemed most of the chatter coming out of spring ball was about Seisay, Green, and Baptiste. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

http://huskerextra.com/sports/husker...20b1cc3ee.html
    Have seen a couple of quotes from Papuchis that he was doing well. From everything I've seen and heard the other three you mention along with Bell are at least one level above the rest of the pack. I suspect Seisay will be starting by the time conference play begins.

All American
    I'm thinking it will be Green and Seisay.

Green really came on late in the season last year and Seisay was a very successful starting CB at the FBS level as a Freshman.
    Bring Jim Tressel to Lincoln!

Starter
    Bell was praised early in the spring camp as far as coming on and showing promise. I think those four guys (Green, Seisay, Bell, Baptiste) will all make our secondary look just as athletic as the secondary we were able to witness in 2010. Also, not forgetting the praise we were hearing about Heard's progress at his new (at this level) position, combined with the news that Charles Jackson will be added to this group in a few weeks.

The great thing about this is that of that talented bunch. After this season we (hopefully) only loose Bell to graduation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red_in_Blue_Land View Post
    Fear of spiders is aracnaphobia, fear of tight spaces is chlaustraphobia, fear of Ameer is Wisdom

Recruit

In my mind, between Seisay, Baptiste, Green, Bell, Heard, Evans and Charles Jackson the competition for those Cornerback spots ought to be absolutely fierce. I'm thrilled about this fact, I think that means that whoever Joseph, Papuchis and Pelini put on the field is going to be ready to play.

I also like the idea of potentially having more than 4 guys who can really play at the corners. Should mean that we'll have good dime and nickel sets as well.

Travel Squad

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorageHusker View Post
    In my mind, between Seisay, Baptiste, Green, Bell, Heard, Evans and Charles Jackson the competition for those Cornerback spots ought to be absolutely fierce. I'm thrilled about this fact, I think that means that whoever Joseph, Papuchis and Pelini put on the field is going to be ready to play.

I also like the idea of potentially having more than 4 guys who can really play at the corners. Should mean that we'll have good dime and nickel sets as well.
    Me too!