Get tickets for all Husker games here. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 106

Thread: Royals

  1. #16
    Scout Team

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Just east of KC
    Posts
    3,168
    Terrible baseball to start the season. I was hoping to go to a handful of games this season, and sit in the Crown seats for my wife's wedding. I'm not going to waste my time and money on this franchise. I'm hoping people start showing up to the K wearing paper bags over their heads like Saints fans used to do.

  2. #17
    Scout Team

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    3,588
    It all averages out. After a Tue day game the Omaha Storm Chasers are now 10 - 0 at home.



    Quote Originally Posted by OPHusker View Post
    Wow first team in 99 years to lose 10 in a row at home

  3. #18
    Husker Fan

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    49,646
    Quote Originally Posted by Porkchopexpress View Post
    Terrible baseball to start the season. I was hoping to go to a handful of games this season, and sit in the Crown seats for my wife's wedding. I'm not going to waste my time and money on this franchise. I'm hoping people start showing up to the K wearing paper bags over their heads like Saints fans used to do.
    Your wife's wedding?

  4. #19
    Husker Fan

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    49,646
    Who else did KC piss money away on this season? God I wish I had played baseball. One good season and you can rape some poor MLB team for about $9.5M/year.

    Take out last season and gordon is a career .244 hitter with below average power. Yes, he had injuries but was 2011 the exception or the rule? His torrid start this year has to make you wonder. Nearly twice as many Ks as hits.

  5. #20
    LGR! LGR! LGR!
    ColoREDo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Denver 'burbs
    Posts
    58,914
    Quote Originally Posted by bilsker View Post
    Who else did KC piss money away on this season? God I wish I had played baseball. One good season and you can rape some poor MLB team for about $9.5M/year.

    Take out last season and gordon is a career .244 hitter with below average power. Yes, he had injuries but was 2011 the exception or the rule? His torrid start this year has to make you wonder. Nearly twice as many Ks as hits.
    I don't know what to think about Gordon. He lit it up in spring training but once the season started he looked lost up at the plate.

  6. #21
    LGR! LGR! LGR!
    ColoREDo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Denver 'burbs
    Posts
    58,914
    At least the Royals have hit the road again so there is hope for a W.

  7. #22
    Husker Immortal
    CrnhskrBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    119,380
    Quote Originally Posted by Porkchopexpress View Post
    Terrible baseball to start the season. I was hoping to go to a handful of games this season, and sit in the Crown seats for my wife's wedding. I'm not going to waste my time and money on this franchise. I'm hoping people start showing up to the K wearing paper bags over their heads like Saints fans used to do.
    Aren't you going to be with her? Could you please rephrase?

  8. #23
    Husker Immortal
    CrnhskrBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    119,380
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoREDo View Post
    I don't know what to think about Gordon. He lit it up in spring training but once the season started he looked lost up at the plate.
    It has to be a mental thing with Alex. I think, with all the money he is making, he is pressing, period! If he weren't so darn rich, I would really feel sory for him.

  9. #24
    Husker Immortal
    ThotDoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hagerstown, Maryland
    Posts
    72,560
    I've got tickets to see the Royals when they come to Baltimore next month. I hardly think the Orioles will still be in first place by then.
    "You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream. " C.S.Lewis


  10. #25
    Scout Team

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Just east of KC
    Posts
    3,168
    Quote Originally Posted by bilsker View Post
    Your wife's wedding?
    Haha! Birthday. Her birthday.

  11. #26
    Scout Team

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Just east of KC
    Posts
    3,168
    Quote Originally Posted by CrnhskrBob View Post
    Aren't you going to be with her? Could you please rephrase?

    Yeah, I meant birthday.

  12. #27
    Scout Team

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Just east of KC
    Posts
    3,168
    BTW, another game, another loss.

    Also, anyone notice the attendance in Cleveland last night? Just over 9,000. Was the weather bad in Cleveland, because that's not a good number.

  13. #28
    8th year Redshirt
    McJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Rockin' the Bakken
    Posts
    2,524

  14. #29
    Husker Fan

    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Posts
    42,049
    wow and those are NOT cheap seats.


  15. #30
    Husker Fan

    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Posts
    42,049
    wonder if that's a Hunger Game novel or?







Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •