Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Royals

Red Shirt
    Broxton makes me extremely nervous everytime he comes in! Thanks to a great double play, and Moose's play on the slow roller at the end, THE LOSING STREAK AT HOME IS OVER!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BigRed Mosquito View Post
    Broxton makes me extremely nervous everytime he comes in! Thanks to a great double play, and Moose's play on the slow roller at the end, THE LOSING STREAK AT HOME IS OVER!!!!!
    I agree about Broxton, but Soria would get himself into similar jams from time to time. Good win for the Royals. They beat Detroit with Verlander pitching Wednesday, and edged out a close one with the Yanks Thursday. They've come a long way in just a couple of weeks. I'm just hoping for a series split this weekend.

towel boy
    Just swept the Rangers! Bullpen has been throwing some nasty stuff. Just enjoying the moment because as a Royals fan you know it can turn ugly real quick.

Scout Team
    Nice to see something good happening for KC! Love it !

Husker Immortal
    Orioles in another marathon game tonight against the Royals. A couple of weeks ago they swept three games against the Red Sox in Boston and one of the games went 13 innings and another went 17 innings. Now in the 15th as the Orioles scored two in the top of the 9th and Jones just homered in the top of the 15th.
    "Statistics are like the bikini: what they reveal is suggestive but what they conceal is vital."

Husker Immortal
    Gordon grounded out to end it. Orioles prevail as their bullpen ERA remains best in the majors.The Orioles are now 5-0 this season on extra inning road games.
    "Statistics are like the bikini: what they reveal is suggestive but what they conceal is vital."

pray for me ;)
    The family went to the Rockies game tonight and that always means a Royals loss for some reason. The Royals never win when we attend a Rockies game.
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.Bill Watterson, cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

6th year Redshirt
    Hosmer better get it going, or he's going to get clipped from one or more of my fantasy teams. I can be patient with my keeper league, because I don't need him now, but the .174 isn't helping in the leagues where i need him this season.

Group B
    I have an entire fantasy team who tore it up during spring training and i am getting my butt handed to me daily.

(This was in response to an earlier comment by coloredo, i csnt seem to figure out how to quote off my droid)
    That's not what he said you ignorant wretch. Your Spanish is worse than your English! - Johnny Ringo.

towel boy
    Quote Originally Posted by ThotDoc View Post
    Orioles in another marathon game tonight against the Royals. A couple of weeks ago they swept three games against the Red Sox in Boston and one of the games went 13 innings and another went 17 innings. Now in the 15th as the Orioles scored two in the top of the 9th and Jones just homered in the top of the 15th.
    If ever there was a case for instant replay in baseball it was in that game last night. That game should have never gone to extra innings. The runner was clearly out at home.

I am not one of these baseball purest. I would rather the right call be made. Especially when it is so pivotal in the outcome of the game. If you still need the human element offer each manager 1 or 2 challenges in a game.

Habitual Line Crosser
    I'm gonna see the Royals on Tuesday at Yankee Stadium...go Royals!

Quote Originally Posted by CornfieldCounty View Post
    You get so wrapped up in the proverbial "its all about me and my" that you loose not only your creditability but any resemblance of intelligence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonuvahusker View Post
    I'm reaching the point of becoming a lunatic here

Husker Immortal
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedIggy View Post
    If ever there was a case for instant replay in baseball it was in that game last night. That game should have never gone to extra innings. The runner was clearly out at home.

I am not one of these baseball purest. I would rather the right call be made. Especially when it is so pivotal in the outcome of the game. If you still need the human element offer each manager 1 or 2 challenges in a game.
    If it goes extra innings, so far this year, my money's on the Orioles.

towel boy
    If it goes extra innings, so far this year, my money's on the Orioles.
    My point was it should have been over in regulation. The tying run should have been called out. Game Over. They played the replay over and over on tv and the catcher successfully blocked the plate and got the tag on the runner before he scored. If they had instant replay in baseball they would have made the right call and game over.

They now use replay for homeruns so its a start. Why can't they add plays at the plate also? Only makes sense.

Husker Immortal
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedIggy View Post
    My point was it should have been over in regulation. The tying run should have been called out. Game Over. They played the replay over and over on tv and the catcher successfully blocked the plate and got the tag on the runner before he scored. If they had instant replay in baseball they would have made the right call and game over.

They now use replay for homeruns so its a start. Why can't they add plays at the plate also? Only makes sense.
    There are even more blown calls at first base in those bang bang plays.

towel boy
    True. I am in favor of the limited challenge option. Give each manager 2 challenges during a game and let them decide when to use a challenge. If they want to use one during a missed call at first, go for it. I doubt too many would use it for a play at first unless it was the last inning and that runner could cost you the game.

The challenge option adds strategy to the game. Me Likey!

Husker Fan
    True. Because, of course, several times more batters reach first than reach home.

Husker Immortal
    I am personally just shocked at how well the Orioles have played. I will be at the Royals-Orioles game in Baltimore next Saturday.

pray for me ;)
    First infield double I have seen.

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.Bill Watterson, cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

Husker Immortal
    Was at the game and our seats are 10 rows from the field looking right up the 3rd base line. It bounced off the grass and looked to be going foul and then it just straightened out and stopped for a 55 foot double. O's had a 3-0 lead and Royals dinked and dunked their way to a 4-3 victory (other than Butler's blast)

pray for me ;)
    Was at the game and our seats are 10 rows from the field looking right up the 3rd base line. It bounced off the grass and looked to be going foul and then it just straightened out and stopped for a 55 foot double. O's had a 3-0 lead and Royals dinked and dunked their way to a 4-3 victory (other than Butler's blast)
    Sorry you had to see a loss TD but we will take wins whenever we can get them. I would love to see the Orioles win the East. Butler is about the only hitter performing as expected with Gordon, Hosmer and Moustakas being a disappointment this season at the plate. Other than Escobar who has surpassed all expectations that is.