Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Royals

Scout Team

Royals

Set franchise record losing first six home games. Despite advertising campaign apparently not "our time" just yet

Scout Team
    Slow start....again....

pray for me ;)
    I really thought this would be the year we made some noise. There is still time but with a team this young, a good start was pretty important and we are sucking big time.
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.Bill Watterson, cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

Husker Fan
    I've seen some horrible Royals teams start off the season fairly solid -- and then collapse once May rolled around. Maybe this will be the opposite.

KC hung with Detroit all three games -- and Detroit looks to be one of the true World Series contenders. And actually, the pitching looked pretty decent. Danny Duffy looks like he could be a gem. And remember, KC is playing without Cain and their starting catcher. Still plenty of time to turn things around, but you hope they don't develop a losing attitude.

All Legend
    I'm a Royals fan since their beginning. Don't I deserve a great season from the team?
    It's a great day to be a Husker Fan!
    Live By The Code!
    (28-13-3) GATA If you see a skunk in the middle of the road, do you run it over or let it live? That is a quandary?

pray for me ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerWeatherman View Post
    I've seen some horrible Royals teams start off the season fairly solid -- and then collapse once May rolled around. Maybe this will be the opposite.

KC hung with Detroit all three games -- and Detroit looks to be one of the true World Series contenders. And actually, the pitching looked pretty decent. Danny Duffy looks like he could be a gem. And remember, KC is playing without Cain and their starting catcher. Still plenty of time to turn things around, but you hope they don't develop a losing attitude.
    Plenty of time to turn it around. Gordon and Hosmer hitting in the .100's isn't helping.
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.Bill Watterson, cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

Husker Immortal
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffSurveyor View Post
    I'm a Royals fan since their beginning. Don't I deserve a great season from the team?
    .........you could be a cubbie fan?

All Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by CrnhskrBob View Post
    .........you could be a cubbie fan?
    I guess so. But I'm not old enough to have experienced that kind of pain.
    It's a great day to be a Husker Fan!
    Live By The Code!
    (28-13-3) GATA If you see a skunk in the middle of the road, do you run it over or let it live? That is a quandary?

pray for me ;)
    0-8 at home. Pathetic.

towel boy
    Our Time??? Someone must have bought the team a Rolecks. These watches don't seem to be working.

Red Shirt

The last few years they have not gotten off to a bad start. It's been mid May usually before they take the tumble. So though it isn't looking good at all, maybe they can turn it around. But Detroit will be hard to catch. I thought they'd do better. But you can't keep giving up 4 or more runs in an inning. That is killing them. And usually it starts with 2 outs.

Just back from the game.

My Husker hat and Alex Gordon Jersey did not bring any luck, and another loss @ The K !

Scout Team

Royals

Wow first team in 99 years to lose 10 in a row at home

Husker Fan

and the all star game is going to be hosted at Kauffman this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Huskers57 View Post
    and the all star game is going to be hosted at Kauffman this year?

Well, at least there will be two good teams playing at Kauffman once this season.