Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: JT Barrett Commits To Ohio State: What Does This Mean For NU?

JT Barrett Commits To Ohio State: What Does This Mean For NU?

Ohio State, Urban Meyer land No. 1 quarterback JT Barrett

With Barrett's commitment to Ohio State, the natural inclination is to think this helps the Huskers with the recruitment of 4* QB Aaron Bailey. First off, Nebraska is sitting very well with Bailey following an excellent visit. As has been touched on, the cancellation of the Spring Game didn't harm the experiences of Nebraska's visitors in the slightest. If nothing else, it allowed more time for the recruits to bond with staff and players.

In a dream scenario, Barrett's commitment would close up the QB spot for Ohio State in this class. Unfortunately, that's just not true. In reading around, I've seen they're likely to take two quarterbacks in this year's class or next -- that is to be determined. As of right now, I think their QB recruiting will cool down a little bit.

Good news for Nebraska.

Going up against Illinois and Wisconsin is far more appealing than Illinois, Wisconsin, AND Ohio State. Plain and simple.

Woo Hoo....that should seal Aaron Bailey for us....

You made my day BTRB....you the man...
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Scout Team
    Wow... I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this one. Come on Mr. Bailey pull the trigger

I think our chances are really better than average based on this....he had said his choice was going to come down to Nebraska and Ohio State when he left on Sunday and I would think this will probably work in our favor....not to mention Ohio State also has a committed 'Athlete' who is also a QB in high school....just my opinion, but Baily is going to want to go somewhere, where he is the class QB and we give him that....Ohio State does not...
    Quote Originally Posted by HuttoHusker View Post
    Wow... I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this one. Come on Mr. Bailey pull the trigger

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    I think our chances are really better than average based on this....he had said his choice was going to come down to Nebraska and Ohio State when he left on Sunday and I would think this will probably work in our favor....not to mention Ohio State also has a committed 'Athlete' who is also a QB in high school....just my opinion, but Baily is going to want to go somewhere, where he is the class QB and we give him that....Ohio State does not...
    Are we looking to take only one?

I would think so but haven't heard for sure. That gives us Martinez (Sr) Carnes (Jr) Armstrong (RsF or Soph) and Bailey plus Broekemeier and Marsh. I think RKIII will be gone then, so unless there's transfers it would seem like a logjam.

That would be my understanding yes...

I would think so. With Marsh moving and the walk on class we signed, I don't think the need is as pressing.

Next year you have Martinez (rSr), Carnes (rJr), Marsh (rSo), Armstrong (rFr) Brokemeier (rSo) Ridder (rSo) Fife (rFr) and anyone we sign this year.

I would think the odds are pretty good for us on this one.....but I guess we shall see....

Matter of when, not if. My opinion.

We think to much alike...

Quote Originally Posted by BornToBeRed View Post

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by BornToBeRed View Post
    I like the way you think.
    It's going to be a wid ride all the way up to signing day for some pretty dynamite recruits. Hang on Husker fans.

Recruit
    We only have what, 4 recruits, but they are all first rate prospects. I
    Love the way this class is shaping up.
    "I'm not allowed to argue with you until you've paid."

Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Barrett's committment is interesting, also, as, obviously, Braxton Miller is only a sophomore. Somebody is going to die on the vine there for sure. NU offered Barrett.

I wonder if he considered NU at all. Any one hear anything on that, like RR, N2FL, or BTBR?

Just wondering.

We were not a big player no....a long shot at best.....

Quote Originally Posted by RedEd View Post
    Barrett's committment is interesting, also, as, obviously, Braxton Miller is only a sophomore. Somebody is going to die on the vine there for sure. NU offered Barrett.

I wonder if he considered NU at all. Any one hear anything on that, like RR, N2FL, or BTBR?

Just wondering.