Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: Just had Erick Strickland on. Deverell Biggs coming up later on 1620thezone.com

Just had Erick Strickland on. Deverell Biggs coming up later on 1620thezone.com

Oh, and hello world! We have an account.

We'll try and give you a heads-up on interviews of interest.

Schick

Varsity

Great hearing Strick's interview this morning! I do hope that Miles finds a place for him. Having a solid tie to our past, like Erick, to a time when we were having arguably our most success would be a win in so many ways. Not to mention his passion to see our program succeed.

Just a request! Hopefully you can get the Biggs podcast as soon as possible today. I've already tried to re-schedule a meeting we have slotted when you're slotted to have Biggs, but I've had absolutely no success.

Thanks, guys!
    "Lay it down, forget it, take off your red, choose another team ... or stick with it."

The Erick Strickland podcast can be found here:
    http://1620thezone.com/page/Schick_%...nding_Page/119

Husker Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Schick and Nick View Post
    The Erick Strickland podcast can be found here:
    http://1620thezone.com/page/Schick_%...nding_Page/119
    any transcript? dude...you have to think about all of us who can't even hear...and those who aren't allowed to have speakers at work....there is a whole segment of society you are not reaching...think about the lost viewership/revenue and what not.

Oh, and hello world! We have an account.

We'll try and give you a heads-up on interviews of interest.

Schick
    Don't you think this is gonna hurt recrootin'? etc etc

Husker Fan

big whop! c'mon.

Husker Fan

it's so AWESOME you have all these guests on your show! wow! I don't give a damn because I can't hear your damn podcasts! get transcripts!

Welcome S and N! Thank you!

Husker57: I certainly understand the need for transcripts for the hearing impaired, and for those who cant have sound on for whatever reason. What are the technical aspects required to do this. Does every radio and TV show post transcripts on every broadcast immediately? If so, wouldn't the respective radio and TV stations be the ones to talk too? What is the technology for transcribing now a days? Is it still hiring an intern to hand do it or what? Sounds like with the "siri" technology that everyone needing this would have it. Please educate me as it appears you have a very personal interest in this topic. Thanks

We just assume that eventually, at some point in the day, you will have access to a computer and can listen to the podcast. Whether it be during a lunch break or when you get home. That being said, we have our intern typing up the Strickland transcript just for you, Huskers57! We'll post it in a bit.

We just assume that eventually, at some point in the day, you will have access to a computer and can listen to the podcast. Whether it be during a lunch break or when you get home. That being said, we have our intern typing up the Strickland transcript just for you, Huskers57! We'll post it in a bit.
    That is very nice. Looking forward to many more interviews and discussions.

Husker Fan

Thank you. I appreciate it. You are right on one count-most people are able to access the podcasts at home or elsewhere. The issue with the proliferation of podcasts/videos/clips, is most are not closed captioned or subtitled or have transcripts-although things are being worked on as we speak...this excludes quite a big segment of society as a whole.

Again thank you for having the transcripts be done, and I will be looking forward to many transcripts of your podcasts in the future and I will spread word of your willingness to work with this issue.

~h57.

Husker57 -- yeah, aside from typing it out long-hand, we don't have a service that transcribes. Something to think about, though.