Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: NCAA RANKINGS!

Husker Immortal

NCAA RANKINGS!

We are ranked below Purdue, Ohio State, Mich State .................... and, Illinois???

Because of our (lack of) pitching, we are getting no respect! This is what I was afraid of.

Until we get our pitchers to mature, we will not be respected.

We take the series from Ohio State and from Illinois, still no love.

It makes you wonder, if we take at least 2 of 3 from Purdue at home, will we still
    get no respect? If you ain't got the pitching, you get no loving!! I concur.

http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/baseball/d1

Red Shirt
    6-4 vs 200+ RPI probably what is keeping the respect level down...
    "I've never quit anything in my life" -- Bo Pelini

Husker Immortal
    Quote Originally Posted by Fromunda Cheese View Post
    6-4 vs 200+ RPI probably what is keeping the respect level down...

I agree, and it is due to our pitchng, is what I say. I just checked that poll. Now, only Purdue -- #10, is in the top 25..... up from #16.

71 74 Nebraska Big Ten 25-13-0 6-3-0 4- 4- 0 14-6-0 - We JUMPED from 74 to 71!!

Winning 1st road series since 2008 does not exactly reflect a team that deserves to be ranked

Blackshirt
    So, we took two out of three from the Illini, and we took two out of three from Ohio State, and we are ranked behind both of them? Give me a break!
    Huskers Uber Alles

Husker Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Merle View Post
    So, we took two out of three from the Illini, and we took two out of three from Ohio State, and we are ranked behind both of them? Give me a break!
    we still don't have a Friday night ACE...

Red Shirt
    we still don't have a Friday night ACE...
    Depressing.

NU's deep staff sets up well for a conference tourney and regionals (especially if NU can get a win in the first game), but with the NCAA inevitably going to a "best of 3" series for post season all the way to Omaha, pitching will be an absolute premium at the #1 & #2 spots.

I think this program can pretty much forget about Omaha for the foreseeable future....joining the Big 10 essentially was a death blow to the baseball program....its now a glorified club sport....and that sucks

Travel Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw11 View Post
    I think this program can pretty much forget about Omaha for the foreseeable future....joining the Big 10 essentially was a death blow to the baseball program....its now a glorified club sport....and that sucks
    The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

Oh...wait...we've already had this conversation. Conference affiliation doesn't have to be a death blow to the program. Aggressive scheduling strategy and conference tourney win are all that are necessary to get the Big Red back to the big show in Omaha. Step back from the ledge and take a deep breath. Erstad, Bolt, and Silva didn't come to Nebraska to be a middling regional program.
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.” Marcus Aurelius

Red Shirt
    Erstad, Bolt, and Silva didn't come to Nebraska to be a middling regional program
    As a HUGE college baseball fan, this is what keeps me going. Imagine the electricity in the new stadium if Nebraska comes out of the B1G and into Omaha!

Husker Immortal
    Quote Originally Posted by Fromunda Cheese View Post
    As a HUGE college baseball fan, this is what keeps me going. Imagine the electricity in the new stadium if Nebraska comes out of the B1G and into Omaha!

I'm closing my eyes, imagining, and I like it! Is that like Fantasy Ball?