Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: What Makes NU......Great.

Varsity

What Makes NU......Great.

This weekend we saw something that hasn't happened during the lives of any of players currently on the roster. A spring game was cancelled. Our spring game obviously is one of the finer and unique characteristics about our program due to the support and how it's valued. But this weekend no game came about yet, some of the top prospects were in town and moved us above some of the top programs in the nation without experience the best simulation of a game atmosphere in the country in Lincoln.

And not only for Football, but we had some of the top talent in Basketball in town this weekend also. For a program that doesn't have basketball history to pride itself on, we were able to get top recruits.... 1 to come to Lincoln......and 2 to leave with great things to say about the program and consideration of it. That in my mind is like Turner Gill getting 10 4-5* football players in the nation to Liberty for an unofficial and they leave that weekend tweeting how great the trip was and how shocked they were to find out how great it was.

Husker nation has much to hold it's held up about when discussing our program, no matter what era they discuss. I for one, am saddened my football addiction wasn't aided by a spring game Saturday but enjoyed the atmosphere of the husker fans and don't feel at a loss because of the effect the atmosphere had on the football/basketball recruits whom were all here on unofficials.

Plus, another cool thing to highlight in my memory is that I so happen to park next to Suh outside of Gate 14. I must say, his car made me really not appreciate my own car whom I was proud of just 2 hours before......
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Steven M. Sipple@HuskerExtraSip Abdullah says NU offense will be "like a storm." I asked what type of storm. His reply: "What type of storm scares you most?" #Huskers

Varsity

i thought he drove a Chrysler 300 ??

Varsity
    Chrysler 300 I can deal with. That my friend was no Chrysler.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Steven M. Sipple@HuskerExtraSip Abdullah says NU offense will be "like a storm." I asked what type of storm. His reply: "What type of storm scares you most?" #Huskers