Get tickets for all Husker games here. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: B1G Standings as of 4/16

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Husker Immortal
    ThotDoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hagerstown, Maryland
    Posts
    72,469

    B1G Standings as of 4/16

    2012 Baseball Standings

    Big Ten Overall
    Team Record Pct. Record Pct.
    1. Purdue 10-2 .833 28-5 .848
    2. Minnesota 6-3 .667 20-17 .541
    3. Nebraska 7-5 .583 25-13 .658
    4. Michigan State 5-4 .556 22-12 .647
    5. Ohio State 6-6 .500 21-14 .600
    Indiana 6-6 .500 16-20 .444
    7. Iowa 4-5 .444 15-16 .484
    Penn State 4-5 .444 15-20 .429
    9. Illinois 3-6 .333 18-16 .529
    Michigan 3-6 .333 16-21 .432
    11. Northwestern 3-9 .250 10-22 .312
    "Politically Correct: A term used for whiney overly-sensitive pansies who need everything sugar-coated for them."


  2. #2
    Husker Immortal
    ThotDoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hagerstown, Maryland
    Posts
    72,469
    We are now 3 games back of Purdue going into this weekend's series. Pretty important that we at least win 2 of 3.
    "Politically Correct: A term used for whiney overly-sensitive pansies who need everything sugar-coated for them."


  3. #3
    Husker Immortal
    ThotDoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hagerstown, Maryland
    Posts
    72,469
    So if the automatic B1G representative to the NCAA Tourney is the B1G Championship Tournament winner, is the regular season just for seeding purposes?

    Baseball-*
    (Wednesday, May 23 - Saturday, May 26)
    Huntington Park
    (Columbus, Ohio)
    "Politically Correct: A term used for whiney overly-sensitive pansies who need everything sugar-coated for them."


  4. #4
    Husker Immortal
    carrolltonsker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Carrollton, TX
    Posts
    203,554
    Quote Originally Posted by ThotDoc View Post
    So if the automatic B1G representative to the NCAA Tourney is the B1G Championship Tournament winner, is the regular season just for seeding purposes?

    Baseball-*
    (Wednesday, May 23 - Saturday, May 26)
    Huntington Park
    (Columbus, Ohio)
    That was the case with the Big 12. I am guessing the Big 10 does the same thing.
    I really hate Penn State! (And I'm not that wild about Iowa either.)


  5. #5
    Husker Fan
    HuskerWeatherman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    49,651
    Quote Originally Posted by ThotDoc View Post
    So if the automatic B1G representative to the NCAA Tourney is the B1G Championship Tournament winner, is the regular season just for seeding purposes?

    Baseball-*
    (Wednesday, May 23 - Saturday, May 26)
    Huntington Park
    (Columbus, Ohio)
    Sure. You know, it's just like that in basketball (and several other sports).

  6. #6
    Guest

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Fort Leavenworth, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    1,247
    Winning the regular season but losing in the conference tourney could influence the committee as well if a team is on the bubble.

    We need those bats to come alive in Columbus again. I'm glad the team left with good feelings about the place.

  7. #7
    Husker Fan
    HuskerWeatherman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    49,651
    This weekend is huge... at Purdue. Win the series, and Nebraska will be in the top tier of the Big Ten. Lose the series, and Nebraska will fall back into the middle of the pack. Regardless, this is the team to beat in the Big Ten.

  8. #8
    5-Time National Champion
    McLaughlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    2,188
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerWeatherman View Post
    This weekend is huge... at Purdue. Win the series, and Nebraska will be in the top tier of the Big Ten. Lose the series, and Nebraska will fall back into the middle of the pack. Regardless, this is the team to beat in the Big Ten.
    We have Purdue at home, don't we?

  9. #9
    Husker Immortal
    ThotDoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hagerstown, Maryland
    Posts
    72,469
    Quote Originally Posted by McLaughlin View Post
    We have Purdue at home, don't we?
    Yeah, it's in Lincoln.
    "Politically Correct: A term used for whiney overly-sensitive pansies who need everything sugar-coated for them."


  10. #10
    Husker Fan
    HuskerWeatherman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    49,651
    Quote Originally Posted by McLaughlin View Post
    We have Purdue at home, don't we?
    my bad.

  11. #11
    Husker Immortal
    CombatTargeteer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    137,560
    Lets go Huskers.

  12. #12
    Husker Immortal
    CrnhskrBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    119,348
    http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/baseball/d1

    Check this out!!! We are above Ohio St and Illinois, yet the pollsters have them both above us? Yes, our pitching
    is suspect, but, hey, give our offense some respect!

    Sure, this poll is a week behind, but Illinois?? Come on !!

    Can't wait to see the new poll!!

  13. #13
    Husker Fan
    HuskerWeatherman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    49,651
    Quote Originally Posted by CrnhskrBob View Post
    http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/baseball/d1

    Check this out!!! We are above Ohio St and Illinois, yet the pollsters have them both above us? Yes, our pitching
    is suspect, but, hey, give our offense some respect!

    Sure, this poll is a week behind, but Illinois?? Come on !!

    Can't wait to see the new poll!!
    That's an RPI, C-Bob. No pollsters involved. It's completely based on the computers. Regardless, as you say, that's a week old.

    Updated daily: http://www.boydsworld.com/baseball/rpi/currentrpi.html

    Nebraska is now ahead of Illinois -- but still far behind Ohio State.

  14. #14
    Husker Immortal
    CrnhskrBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    119,348
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerWeatherman View Post
    That's an RPI, C-Bob. No pollsters involved. It's completely based on the computers. Regardless, as you say, that's a week old.

    Updated daily: http://www.boydsworld.com/baseball/rpi/currentrpi.html

    Nebraska is now ahead of Illinois -- but still far behind Ohio State.

    OK, thanks. That's worse, on my part, than you having us playing at Purdue!

  15. #15
    Gold Tooth Displayed
    Fromunda Cheese's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    2,468
    Sweep Purdue and Nebraska is tied with them, and holds the tie breaker
    "When it comes to recruiting, it doesn't matter who you get, it matters if you get who you want" -- Tom Osborne







Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •