Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Great Series!

Red Shirt
    The CU-Nebraska series has lost a little of its luster lately. However, if NU appeared in the championship game of the Big 10 Tournament, I think it would easily be a sell out.
    Maybe, but it depends on a couple of factors. First, whats the format? If Nebraska comes thru a losers bracket to clinch the championship game on Friday night at 10pm, is a game Saturday at 6pm a sellout? Also is this game on Memorial Day weekend? Who is the opponent? I can see a lot of people there, but 25k on 20 hours notice?

Thats why I think a set format, such as the Big 12's, would be the way to go....
    "I've never quit anything in my life" -- Bo Pelini

Red Shirt
    As for playing second fiddle to the MoValley, it is a current reality, but one that is not economically wise on MECA's behalf. The B1G has far more upside--especially in down years for Creighton like this one (15-17, 191 RPI)--and could be willing to commit to a site long-term like they have in Indianapolis. I would look for them to aggressively recruit the B1G tournament.
    True, but the MVC does have its virtues. It has teams that are closer overall, and a team that travels incredibly well, Wichita State. Besides for Nebraska, I don't see anyone traveling to see the other teams, except maybe the parents of the players...

Red Shirt
    I would look for them to aggressively recruit the B1G tournament.
    Ideally, I could see MECA wanting both. But which conference would be the one to play the weekend before Memorial Day weekend?

Travel Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Fromunda Cheese View Post
    Ideally, I could see MECA wanting both. But which conference would be the one to play the weekend before Memorial Day weekend?
    Whichever conference guarantees Omaha as host site EVERY year.
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.” Marcus Aurelius

Red Shirt
    Whichever conference guarantees Omaha as host site EVERY year.
    Great point!