Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: Do not play Rock Chalk in Missouri schools

Habitual Line Crosser

Do not play Rock Chalk in Missouri schools

What a great thing to get worked out about

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/57931/do-not-play-rock-chalk-in-missouri-schools

Because it will make people angry. Really, really angry.

I know this because it happened, and because reporter Rob Roberts, special to the Kansas City Star, was there to tell us about it. Here’s the deal: On April 2, administrators at Trailbridge Elementary School in Lee’s Summit, Mo. -- a medium-sized suburb on the outskirts of Kansas City -- decided to enjoy some typical locally themed festivities. TheKansas Jayhawks were playing the Kentucky Wildcats for the national title, so the administrators “briefly” played KU’s fight song “in support of the Midwest school competing in the national college basketball championship.” Sounds pretty standard, right?

Quote Originally Posted by CornfieldCounty View Post
    You get so wrapped up in the proverbial "its all about me and my" that you loose not only your creditability but any resemblance of intelligence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonuvahusker View Post
    I'm reaching the point of becoming a lunatic here

God of Huskermax

Missouri fans are the worst!!!

Oh my!
    At the 0:43 mark...

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." Ayn Rand

"Hillary has been cheated on more than a blind woman playing Scrabble. With gypsies." Dennis Miller

Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by RedPhoenix View Post
    Missouri fans are the worst!!!
    I've lived in Denver, KC, and Dallas, and Mizzery fans are by far the worst I have experienced out of the Big 12. Missouri fans are down right despicable in my opinion.

Red Shirt
    The state of Misery.

It is fun watching the Misery and KU people go back and fourth at the office though.
    The trouble with weather forecasting is that it's right too often for us to ignore it and wrong too often for us to rely on it. ~Patrick Young

Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by skernado View Post
    The state of Misery.

It is fun watching the Misery and KU people go back and fourth at the office though.
    Living in KC I had way more respect for the KU crowd than the Mizzery crowd.

Red Shirt
    Quote Originally Posted by HUSKAHZ View Post
    Living in KC I had way more respect for the KU crowd than the Mizzery crowd.
    I'd have to agree with you. I lived in KS for almost 6 years and on the MO side of the KC metro for 3+ years now and never had an issue with KU fans. Mizzery fans are bad but to be honest KSU fans I have total disdain for. What an obnoxious, fair-weather fan base.
    The trouble with weather forecasting is that it's right too often for us to ignore it and wrong too often for us to rely on it. ~Patrick Young

Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by skernado View Post
    I'd have to agree with you. I lived in KS for almost 6 years and on the MO side of the KC metro for 3+ years now and never had an issue with KU fans. Mizzery fans are bad but to be honest KSU fans I have total disdain for. What an obnoxious, fair-weather fan base.
    KSU fans seem to be more ignorant than anything else. Mizzery fans seemed to be just bad people.

God of Huskermax

Quote Originally Posted by HUSKAHZ View Post
    KSU fans seem to be more ignorant than anything else. Mizzery fans seemed to be just bad people.
    Agree. Except I like all the KSU fans I know.

All Big 10
    I loved this quote from the article:

"As a parent of two and a taxpaying resident of the Lee’s Summit R–7 School District, I am shocked and disappointed that there was an apparent attempt to indoctrinate Lee’s Summit school children to be KU fans at Trailridge Elementary this week,” said Brian Yates, a former state representative and graduate of the University of Missouri. “Playing the KU fight song or any college fight song over the intercom in a publicly funded elementary school is unacceptable.”
    Seriously, indoctrinate & unacceptable? How tightly wound is this guy? I guess he would have also been upset if everyone in the BIg XII wasn't cheering for MU against Norfolk State? I always will cheer for conference teams, unless a loss helps Nebraska out.....or if it is Texas...
    You never stand so tall as when you kneel to help a child.

God of Huskermax

Quote Originally Posted by 4evrHusker View Post
    I loved this quote from the article:
    That sums up nearly every Mizzou fan in the greater KC area. Freaking crazy nutjobs who think their sports team is 100 times better than it actually is.

All Big 10
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPhoenix View Post
    That sums up nearly every Mizzou fan in the greater KC area. Freaking crazy nutjobs who think their sports team is 100 times better than it actually is.
    Like ND fans & Tejas fans?
    You never stand so tall as when you kneel to help a child.

God of Huskermax

Quote Originally Posted by 4evrHusker View Post
    Like ND fans & Tejas fans?
    Worse. Cause those teams have actually won something to brag about.

Scout Team

Maybe they should have played the Norfolk State fight song instead?

First off, what was that principal thinking? Playing a fight song to support a Midwest team? What a nerd. Stick to educating kids, and not hyping up a basketball game which I'm sure very few were actually interested in.

Besides that, one of the more entertaining things that come with living near KC is watching the MU and KU fanbase interact. I've never seen two fanbases who hate each other so much, that they'd rather watch the other team lose, than their team win. About the only thing the two fanbases could agree on is how much they hate everything NU.

Funny, back when NU used to have a baseball team and they won the conference tourney I slipped in a congrats to the baseball team on their championship in the schools daily announcements.......while I was living in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by mjw11 View Post
    Funny, back when NU used to have a baseball team and they won the conference tourney I slipped in a congrats to the baseball team on their championship in the schools daily announcements.......while I was living in Texas
    Ok, maybe I was a bit too harsh on the "stick to educating" thing. Still, his reason for playing the song was very dumb. Had he said he was a KU fan, and he was joking around with some staff and students, that's cool, and makes work that much more fun.