Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 41

Thread: Is Taylor Martinez going to get the green light to run?

  1. #21
    Yeah, I'm him...
    Skers4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bellevue, Nebraska
    Posts
    9,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Husker Country Doc View Post
    TM needs to learn how to take a hit, before he gets knocked into next week.

    Then he needs to learn how to DELIVER a hit.
    Maybe someone should loop that film of Crouch killing Iowa's safety and make him watch it over and over and over....
    Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.
    -Vince Lombardi

  2. #22
    Antediluvian Abrasiveness
    Sonuvahusker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    37,956
    Quote Originally Posted by skers4life View Post
    Maybe someone should loop that film of Crouch killing Iowa's safety and make him watch it over and over and over....
    I'm not sure Martinez has the physique to do that. Not a knock on him....just a different build.
    http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...+OUT+OF+OFFICE

    Quote Originally Posted by cactusboy View Post
    So...when in doubt check out Wiki

  3. #23
    The offense wasn't the problem so much last year (ok except for that stretch at wisco with 3 ints). I believe the offense was efficient, I think it would be a lot more efficient if they had the luxury of letting Taylor run. I think it would make a bigger difference if he as turned loose to run, vs becoming a better passer. He is what he is. Hopefully the backups doing good, so Taylor can run.

  4. #24
    Ha ha. Let me clarify. Taylor should run a lot. By which I mean run, often, because he's fast...when he's running he can really run, so run and run often. Run run run. Run it some more.

    While I am at the stream of consciousness I will go ahead, read GFOAs thoughts ( both of them)........" Bo is evil, you lapdogs are suckers, and it's hilarious how the stadium says greatest fans of all cause you are a bunch of rubes.....yay SEC"

  5. #25
    Junior Varsity
    MyBraska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    behind enemy lines in Boulder County
    Posts
    6,196
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRedDread View Post
    And he's also not doing this:


    Might the rest of us be able to see photos of you, carlfence and Sunuvausker throwing so we can get a better idea of how it should be done?
    (old Gaelic saying) Chan eil h-uile facal sireadh freagairt. Not every question requires an answer.

  6. #26
    pray for me ;)
    ColoREDo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Denver 'burbs
    Posts
    42,461
    Quote Originally Posted by MyBraska View Post
    Might the rest of us be able to see photos of you, carlfence and Sunuvausker throwing so we can get a better idea of how it should be done?
    Could it really look worse?
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.Bill Watterson, cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

  7. #27
    Guest

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Copperas Cove, TX
    Posts
    194
    Quote Originally Posted by MyBraska View Post
    Might the rest of us be able to see photos of you, carlfence and Sunuvausker throwing so we can get a better idea of how it should be done?
    Are you allowed to go to a sushi place and critique what you're eating, even though you have no idea how to make it yourself? Can you complain about the way a car is built, even though you don't have the equipment or know-how to build one better?

    The answer to both question is yes. I watch enough football (just ask my fiancée ) to know what good footwork and throwing mechanics motions look like. If I could, in fact, produce a better throwing motion/footwork/decision making, chances are I'd be a QB and not a teacher.

    So if only skilled players of a specific position are allowed to criticize other such players, then I hope your posting record is squeaky clean.

    That being said, I know where you're going with this. Fans don't throw players under the bus. I get that. But I don't think Sonuva or I did any such thing. So cool down.

  8. #28
    Varsity
    coherbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    10,255
    are the ankle, turf toe, thumb, etc.. healed? Great!... run like the wind.

  9. #29
    Junior Varsity
    MyBraska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    behind enemy lines in Boulder County
    Posts
    6,196
    Quote Originally Posted by carlfense View Post
    Are you allowed to go to a sushi place and critique what you're eating, even though you have no idea how to make it yourself? Can you complain about the way a car is built, even though you don't have the equipment or know-how to build one better?

    The answer to both question is yes. I watch enough football (just ask my fiancée ) to know what good footwork and throwing mechanics motions look like. If I could, in fact, produce a better throwing motion/footwork/decision making, chances are I'd be a QB and not a teacher.

    So if only skilled players of a specific position are allowed to criticize other such players, then I hope your posting record is squeaky clean.

    That being said, I know where you're going with this. Fans don't throw players under the bus. I get that. But I don't think Sonuva or I did any such thing. So cool down.
    I am not a fan of the ridicule of young amateur players who have invested in the NU program and have shown loyalty to it over considerable time in the face of significant criticism. All signs are that Taylor has recognized his shortcomings and been making a legitimate attempt to improve. And in the pic that was used to illustrate his poor form, he still probably threw it over 50 yds.
    (old Gaelic saying) Chan eil h-uile facal sireadh freagairt. Not every question requires an answer.

  10. #30
    Varsity
    HuskerRedDread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Back & forth between Omaha & San Antonio
    Posts
    10,702
    Quote Originally Posted by denisonred View Post
    I am sorry but I have had it with Taylor cannot do this Taylor cannot do that. Are there things he could do better? Yes there is but there are some things he does quite well but we never hear about them only what he cannot do.
    You haven't been paying attention, someone mentioned he can run really really fast in a straight line...............chill out, lighten up, etc.....we are having fun. We are at a loss of a spring game and we are staring at a long offseason ahead of us. If you are that frustrated you might not want to sign on for a few months.........BECAUSE I HAVE JOKES FOR DAYS......

    Edit: This just in, Martinez attempted to a piece of paper in the trash can during class without getting out his seat and it was deflected by..........the back of his head.....
    Quote Originally Posted by LarstheRed View Post
    I'm not looking for perfection, but you have to feel that every time Bo saw TM about to be interviewed he had to have a serious case of butt clench.

  11. #31
    Varsity
    HuskerRedDread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Back & forth between Omaha & San Antonio
    Posts
    10,702
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonuvahusker View Post
    I'm not sure Martinez has the physique to do that. Not a knock on him....just a different build.
    He definitely won't be able to do it and still have the ball in his hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by LarstheRed View Post
    I'm not looking for perfection, but you have to feel that every time Bo saw TM about to be interviewed he had to have a serious case of butt clench.

  12. #32
    Varsity
    HuskerRedDread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Back & forth between Omaha & San Antonio
    Posts
    10,702
    Quote Originally Posted by MyBraska View Post
    Might the rest of us be able to see photos of you, carlfence and Sunuvausker throwing so we can get a better idea of how it should be done?

    I think a picture of you with a box of tissue would be a bit more entertaining......Stop being so emotional. We are having fun. Geez.......or you could always put me on your "ignore list".......
    Quote Originally Posted by LarstheRed View Post
    I'm not looking for perfection, but you have to feel that every time Bo saw TM about to be interviewed he had to have a serious case of butt clench.

  13. #33
    Varsity
    HuskerRedDread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Back & forth between Omaha & San Antonio
    Posts
    10,702
    Quote Originally Posted by carlfense View Post
    Are you allowed to go to a sushi place and critique what you're eating, even though you have no idea how to make it yourself? Can you complain about the way a car is built, even though you don't have the equipment or know-how to build one better?

    The answer to both question is yes. I watch enough football (just ask my fiancée
    ) to know what good footwork and throwing mechanics motions look like. If I could, in fact, produce a better throwing motion/footwork/decision making, chances are I'd be a QB and not a teacher.

    So if only skilled players of a specific position are allowed to criticize other such players, then I hope your posting record is squeaky clean.

    That being said, I know where you're going with this. Fans don't throw players under the bus. I get that. But I don't think Sonuva or I did any such thing. So cool down.
    Hey, I didn't either.....
    Quote Originally Posted by LarstheRed View Post
    I'm not looking for perfection, but you have to feel that every time Bo saw TM about to be interviewed he had to have a serious case of butt clench.

  14. #34
    Varsity
    HuskerRedDread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Back & forth between Omaha & San Antonio
    Posts
    10,702
    Quote Originally Posted by MyBraska View Post
    I am not a fan of the ridicule of young amateur players who have invested in the NU program and have shown loyalty to it over considerable time in the face of significant criticism. All signs are that Taylor has recognized his shortcomings and been making a legitimate attempt to improve. And in the pic that was used to illustrate his poor form, he still probably threw it over 50 yds.
    Sooooooooooo. I'm a bad fan because I'm not chanting, Martinez's problems are cured because he says they are....... Please. I support Martinez just as much as the next fan. I'm not calling for his spot to be given away, I'm simply having some fun. Again, tuck in the skirt and stop getting so emotional.
    Quote Originally Posted by LarstheRed View Post
    I'm not looking for perfection, but you have to feel that every time Bo saw TM about to be interviewed he had to have a serious case of butt clench.

  15. #35
    Recruit

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bellevue Ne
    Posts
    896
    I sure hope they let him run. He just seems so much more comfortable when he was running. He has to make sure he gets his old MoJo back. Last year I felt he was playing a little scared to lower the hammer (kind of like Ricky Bobby after the car crash) I say we tie a steak to his back and release a cougar and help him get his fee back under him. If he feels better running the ball he will be more comfortable dropping back to pass all the while knowing he can run if nothing is open.

  16. #36
    Varsity
    HuskerRedDread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Back & forth between Omaha & San Antonio
    Posts
    10,702
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruddman23 View Post
    I sure hope they let him run. He just seems so much more comfortable when he was running. He has to make sure he gets his old MoJo back. Last year I felt he was playing a little scared to lower the hammer (kind of like Ricky Bobby after the car crash) I say we tie a steak to his back and release a cougar and help him get his fee back under him. If he feels better running the ball he will be more comfortable dropping back to pass all the while knowing he can run if nothing is open.

    I'm all for that. I just hope that the injury wasn't all in his head after that Mizzou game.

    http://youtu.be/SAKBiw0kcA8
    Quote Originally Posted by LarstheRed View Post
    I'm not looking for perfection, but you have to feel that every time Bo saw TM about to be interviewed he had to have a serious case of butt clench.

  17. #37
    Recruit

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bellevue Ne
    Posts
    896
    I agree HRD!

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRedDread View Post
    I just hope that when he does decide to run, he learns to use the blocking in front of him, rather than trying to burst past them or running into the back of them.
    I don't understand the second knock on TM. Rex ran into the back of his blockers several times too.

    The problem with TM running is that people are trying to kill his head so his body will die. He needs to avoid helmet-helmet hits, like the one he took at Washington in '10 (which their DC celebrated with a throat-slash gesture -- classy). TM needs to keep the fat stacks of bounty cash in the DC's pockets.

  19. #39
    Varsity
    HuskerRedDread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Back & forth between Omaha & San Antonio
    Posts
    10,702
    Quote Originally Posted by huskerator 5000 View Post
    I don't understand the second knock on TM. Rex ran into the back of his blockers several times too.

    The problem with TM running is that people are trying to kill his head so his body will die. He needs to avoid helmet-helmet hits, like the one he took at Washington in '10 (which their DC celebrated with a throat-slash gesture -- classy). TM needs to keep the fat stacks of bounty cash in the DC's pockets.
    Oooooooooooohhhhhhh, Please. Speak that nonsense to someone else. My goodness. TM runs into his lineman often. Rex has before but rarely runs into the "LINE" that is blocking for him. One of Rex's biggest weapons is his vision of being able to see the hole and getting to that hole quickly. Martinez doesn't have that same vision when he runs and if you think he does then you aren't paying attention.

    And yes, helmet to helmet collisions need to be avoided as much as possible but that goes with any ball carrier not just TM. I don't know if you are saying that they are purposely going out to decapitate TM or not, but if you are, I think you couldn't be further from the truth. I just don't get that from what I see with players going after Martinez. As far as the Wash '10 game, I think its been discuss already, but I don't think the throat slash was a gesture to take TM out. I think it was misinterpreted by those who wanted to misinterpret it.
    Quote Originally Posted by LarstheRed View Post
    I'm not looking for perfection, but you have to feel that every time Bo saw TM about to be interviewed he had to have a serious case of butt clench.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRedDread View Post
    Oooooooooooohhhhhhh, Please. Speak that nonsense to someone else. My goodness.
    Okay.

    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRedDread View Post
    TM runs into his lineman often. Rex has before but rarely runs into the "LINE" that is blocking for him. One of Rex's biggest weapons is his vision of being able to see the hole and getting to that hole quickly. Martinez doesn't have that same vision when he runs and if you think he does then you aren't paying attention.
    I agree TM doesn't have the vision Rex does. TM also moves a lot faster down the field. My only point is, sometimes even if you have great vision you can run into your blockers. But yeah, Rex is better at finding the hole and is way more shifty. TM is going to continue to outrun his blockers and occasionally not use his blockers that well. He has a different strength (straight-ahead speed). It's possible to use TM's strengths and have him be really productive, rather than asking him to do something he can't.

    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRedDread View Post
    As far as the Wash '10 game, I think its been discuss already, but I don't think the throat slash was a gesture to take TM out. I think it was misinterpreted by those who wanted to misinterpret it.
    I can say with 100% honesty that I didn't want to interpret that gesture the way I did. I don't like the fact that the UW guy lowered the crown of his helmet down to TM's face while he was already essentially down, but that's what I remember seeing, and I remember the UW DC thinking that was totally awesome and expressing his feelings with a throat slash. But if I misread the play or the DC was really communicating something else, well, that's great. I'd love to live in a world where those things are true.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •