Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Taylor Martinez going to get the green light to run?

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRedDread View Post
    And he's also not doing this:

Perfect statue of liberty.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by BakNthday View Post
    Other then the designed run plays, I would rather see TM be able to scramble out of trouble than just take off running.
    I value this more than a QB who can take off faster than anyone on the field. Tim Beck's offense was dangerous because Briscoe's ability to do this so well. He was able to buy time for his receivers to get open, as I don't care how much of a lock down corner you are, you can't cover someone consistently for 3-4 seconds at this level. His scrambling kept the defense honest as well as caused fatigue on the LB/DLine. Account that with his decision making and arm strength, he was able to make defenses pay, even though he wasn't the fastest QB in the world (4.7 in the 40).
    Quote Originally Posted by Red_in_Blue_Land View Post
    Fear of spiders is aracnaphobia, fear of tight spaces is chlaustraphobia, fear of Ameer is Wisdom

Message Board Wizard
    Quote Originally Posted by rawkfanseth View Post
    Sliding is ok with me since A) he doesn't know how to take a hit B) he seems to fumble a decent amount and avoiding contact leads to fewer fumbles C) I still don't have confidence in the backups.
    Agreed.

Message Board Wizard
    Quote Originally Posted by BakNthday View Post
    Other then the designed run plays, I would rather see TM be able to scramble out of trouble than just take off running.
    TM does not seem to be able to scramble one iota. He just runs into the nearest defensive lineman.

Scout Team
    I am sorry but I have had it with Taylor cannot do this Taylor cannot do that. Are there things he could do better? Yes there is but there are some things he does quite well but we never hear about them only what he cannot do.
    Husker follower since 1962

Yeah, I'm him...
    Quote Originally Posted by Husker Country Doc View Post
    TM needs to learn how to take a hit, before he gets knocked into next week.

Then he needs to learn how to DELIVER a hit.
    Maybe someone should loop that film of Crouch killing Iowa's safety and make him watch it over and over and over....
    Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.
    -Vince Lombardi

Antediluvian Abrasiveness
    Quote Originally Posted by skers4life View Post
    Maybe someone should loop that film of Crouch killing Iowa's safety and make him watch it over and over and over....
    I'm not sure Martinez has the physique to do that. Not a knock on him....just a different build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Sonny once again proving that he is the biggest piece of ******** on Huskermax. Congrats on earning this title, sir.
    http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...+leaves+office

The offense wasn't the problem so much last year (ok except for that stretch at wisco with 3 ints). I believe the offense was efficient, I think it would be a lot more efficient if they had the luxury of letting Taylor run. I think it would make a bigger difference if he as turned loose to run, vs becoming a better passer. He is what he is. Hopefully the backups doing good, so Taylor can run.

Ha ha. Let me clarify. Taylor should run a lot. By which I mean run, often, because he's fast...when he's running he can really run, so run and run often. Run run run. Run it some more.

While I am at the stream of consciousness I will go ahead, read GFOAs thoughts ( both of them)........" Bo is evil, you lapdogs are suckers, and it's hilarious how the stadium says greatest fans of all cause you are a bunch of rubes.....yay SEC"

Junior Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRedDread View Post
    And he's also not doing this:

Might the rest of us be able to see photos of you, carlfence and Sunuvausker throwing so we can get a better idea of how it should be done?
    (old Gaelic saying) Chan eil h-uile facal sireadh freagairt. Not every question requires an answer.

pray for me ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by MyBraska View Post
    Might the rest of us be able to see photos of you, carlfence and Sunuvausker throwing so we can get a better idea of how it should be done?
    Could it really look worse?
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.Bill Watterson, cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

Quote Originally Posted by MyBraska View Post
    Are you allowed to go to a sushi place and critique what you're eating, even though you have no idea how to make it yourself? Can you complain about the way a car is built, even though you don't have the equipment or know-how to build one better?

The answer to both question is yes. I watch enough football (just ask my fiancée ) to know what good footwork and throwing mechanics motions look like. If I could, in fact, produce a better throwing motion/footwork/decision making, chances are I'd be a QB and not a teacher.

So if only skilled players of a specific position are allowed to criticize other such players, then I hope your posting record is squeaky clean.

That being said, I know where you're going with this. Fans don't throw players under the bus. I get that. But I don't think Sonuva or I did any such thing. So cool down.

Varsity
    are the ankle, turf toe, thumb, etc.. healed? Great!... run like the wind.

Junior Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by carlfense View Post
    Are you allowed to go to a sushi place and critique what you're eating, even though you have no idea how to make it yourself? Can you complain about the way a car is built, even though you don't have the equipment or know-how to build one better?

The answer to both question is yes. I watch enough football (just ask my fiancée ) to know what good footwork and throwing mechanics motions look like. If I could, in fact, produce a better throwing motion/footwork/decision making, chances are I'd be a QB and not a teacher.

So if only skilled players of a specific position are allowed to criticize other such players, then I hope your posting record is squeaky clean.

That being said, I know where you're going with this. Fans don't throw players under the bus. I get that. But I don't think Sonuva or I did any such thing. So cool down.
    I am not a fan of the ridicule of young amateur players who have invested in the NU program and have shown loyalty to it over considerable time in the face of significant criticism. All signs are that Taylor has recognized his shortcomings and been making a legitimate attempt to improve. And in the pic that was used to illustrate his poor form, he still probably threw it over 50 yds.
    (old Gaelic saying) Chan eil h-uile facal sireadh freagairt. Not every question requires an answer.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by denisonred View Post
    I am sorry but I have had it with Taylor cannot do this Taylor cannot do that. Are there things he could do better? Yes there is but there are some things he does quite well but we never hear about them only what he cannot do.
    You haven't been paying attention, someone mentioned he can run really really fast in a straight line...............chill out, lighten up, etc.....we are having fun. We are at a loss of a spring game and we are staring at a long offseason ahead of us. If you are that frustrated you might not want to sign on for a few months.........BECAUSE I HAVE JOKES FOR DAYS......

Edit: This just in, Martinez attempted to a piece of paper in the trash can during class without getting out his seat and it was deflected by..........the back of his head.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Red_in_Blue_Land View Post
    Fear of spiders is aracnaphobia, fear of tight spaces is chlaustraphobia, fear of Ameer is Wisdom