Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zappa Jamming

Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post

As for blues...I never thought of Zappa as a blues player or singer...very much a gorund breaker and visonary.....
    Oh I know, he was never caterized as a blues singer. I meant he was influenced at an early age by old R and B artists from the 50s. I always thought some of his early songs you could you hear that beat and emotion (blues), especially in the lyrics. As for his musical style...eclectic doesn't even come close to describing him!

He was as he said 'experimental' and best described the music industry here......

Quote Originally Posted by O'Husker View Post
    Oh I know, he was never caterized as a blues singer. I meant he was influenced at an early age by old R and B artists from the 50s. I always thought some of his early songs you could you hear that beat and emotion (blues), especially in the lyrics. As for his musical style...eclectic doesn't even come close to describing him!
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season