Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LJS Blog-Brian Rosenthal: Biggs commits "Official"

Varsity

LJS Blog-Brian Rosenthal: Biggs commits "Official"

Deverell Biggs gets to be our new coach's first official commitment, first official in-state commitment and has the opportunity to be the start of something really special!

Welcome to the Cornhuskers, Mr. Biggs!

http://my.journalstar.com/post/Huske...s_commits.html

Deverell Biggs made his decision official on Sunday morning: He’s joining the Nebraska men’s basketball team.

Biggs said in a phone interview that new coach Tim Miles “has the total package” Biggs was looking for.

Blog continues in link.
    "Lay it down, forget it, take off your red, choose another team ... or stick with it."

Husker Fan
    I like it!

Husker Immortal
    Welcome to Lincoln Deverell.
    I really hate Penn State! (And I'm not that wild about Iowa either.)

Husker Fan

good get. Now he needs to buckle down on the class work! Think I read somewhere that he's going to have to pass a couple summer classes.

Personally, I'd like to see him redshirt.

Scout Team
    Will his former team mate Akoy Agau (2013 NU offer) be the next to join? Haven't heard how the coach is feeling about him, but I know that Biggs wants to play with him again.

Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by HZKRFAN View Post
    Will his former team mate Akoy Agau (2013 NU offer) be the next to join? Haven't heard how the coach is feeling about him, but I know that Biggs wants to play with him again.
    Expect to hear more about this real soon. Akoy is one of the top talents in the state, he and Biggs are very close & have always had a goal of playing college ball together. I think this just open the door for Miles in keeping his interest here as well as establishing a strong presence on the local talent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Steven M. Sipple@HuskerExtraSip Abdullah says NU offense will be "like a storm." I asked what type of storm. His reply: "What type of storm scares you most?" #Huskers

Travel Squad

Great news for so many reasons...puts Nebraska in the lead for Agau in my opinion. I'll try to verify that...

Miles and Agau all ready have a relationship according to Agau. He was quoted last week as saying he's been talking to Coach Miles for over a year now as Miles was recruiting him to CSU last year!

Scout Team
    Way to sweep in and get some talented NE kids (he is used to doing that already ) I hope Miles can get some of the best guys to start to consider Nebraska, and from the visitors list this weekend he is at least getting them to visit! Prolly too early to get excited, but I am going to anyway!

Husker Fan

http://www.omaha.com/article/2012041...picks-nebraska

With Nebraska playing one more season at the Devaney Center before moving to the new Pinnacle Bank Arena, Biggs said he has considered redshirting his first season. He has three years to play two at Nebraska.

"We're still talking about that,'' Biggs said. "We're not really there yet on what to do.''

Gunga galunga. Gunga....
    Other than getting Spencer, I'm not sure the last time I was excited to get a recruit in basketball....

....until now. And Spencer fell into us, luckily. I can't even imagine last year without Spencer.
    Nebraska fans, this is called someone in your conference having your back…welcome to the Big Ten. - HawkeyeNation

Travel Squad

From what i've been told, Biggs wants to redshirt if Nebraska lands Akoy so they can play 2 years together.

Where some are saying they hope this happens as next year is essentially a "throw-away" year, and I agree, Miles won't lose his job over the record next year. But, winning only 6 games isn't the answer either and can bring the doubters out sooner than they may initially show up.

If we get Akoy, I would love to see Devrell be able to redshirt, 2 Nebraska kids trying to put the team on their back to get to an NCAA tourney bid would be great.

Husker Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ShortSideOption View Post
    From what i've been told, Biggs wants to redshirt if Nebraska lands Akoy so they can play 2 years together.

Where some are saying they hope this happens as next year is essentially a "throw-away" year, and I agree, Miles won't lose his job over the record next year. But, winning only 6 games isn't the answer either and can bring the doubters out sooner than they may initially show up.

If we get Akoy, I would love to see Devrell be able to redshirt, 2 Nebraska kids trying to put the team on their back to get to an NCAA tourney bid would be great.
    I think the doubters would relax year 1...most are aware of the absolute disaster Miles inherited from Doc and know that Miles has some heavy lifting to do. Obviously "6 games" is a little on the low side for even a bad team but how much could Biggs really help? A couple games? 3..4? He'll be much more valuable in years 2 and 3 of the Miles era than in years 1 and 2...with or without Agau.

An awful first year is already expected...if recruiting is going well people won't give it much thought.

Husker Fan

not official official yet. he hasn't signed the paperwork but it is considered a formality.

Husker Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Huskers57 View Post
    not official official yet. he hasn't signed the paperwork but it is considered a formality.
    Nothing is 100% until he passes his classes this summer. Hopefully we don't have another Sallie deal.