Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marcus McWilson reconfirms his commitment to Nebraska

Thumbs up Marcus McWilson reconfirms his commitment to Nebraska

Despite some of the trolls on the 'net trying to say he was not solid to the Huskers.....he is....had a blast on his trip and loved every minute of it...

Plays for Bo's high school alma-mater....already has former teammates Braylon Heard and Mark Pelini onboard at Nebraska....

Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Husker Immortal
    Outstanding.

Recruit
    Wow, sounds like a very nice kid with great Ball skills! Listening to him, "one game at a time" mentality, right up Bo's alley!

Red Shirt
    I love the Cardinal Mooney pipeline.
    "My job as a football coach is to educate and prepare the kids who come into this program for the rest of their life..." Bo Pelini at the Penn State post game press conference Nov. 12 2011

Travel Squad
    Looks like a guy who can spread the field really well.

That is what I though a really nice young man....a perfect fit for our program....

Quote Originally Posted by L.A.HuskerGil View Post
    Wow, sounds like a very nice kid with great Ball skills! Listening to him, "one game at a time" mentality, right up Bo's alley!

Scout Team
    I would guess the current coach at Moony would steer player Bo's way before the home town Buckeyes with all the ties we have on our staff. At least it keeps us in the hunt for a very talent riched Ohio. GBR

Varsity
    Bo's kind of kid. Moony looks to be rich grounds for us.
    Quote Originally Posted by LarstheRed View Post
    I'm not looking for perfection, but you have to feel that every time Bo saw TM about to be interviewed he had to have a serious case of butt clench.

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by HuttoHusker View Post
    I would guess the current coach at Moony would steer player Bo's way before the home town Buckeyes with all the ties we have on our staff. At least it keeps us in the hunt for a very talent riched Ohio. GBR
    Why would they do that? Were coaches in Nebraska steering kids to Kansas when Turner Gill was their coach? That makes no sense at all.

I agree...with all due respect that makes no sense.....all it does is put us in the arena and give us a chance to compete against the home state schools Ohio State, Ohio U, Toledo etc....and honestly Ohio State will more than not get the first pick of what they want...

Quote Originally Posted by N2FL View Post
    Why would they do that? Were coaches in Nebraska steering kids to Kansas when Turner Gill was their coach? That makes no sense at all.

Junior Varsity

Well, Gill graduated from high school in Texas so it is a little different....

Though I will say that I don't think they "steer" them towards Nebraska, but I would assume that if it is a defensive player that they are well educated on just what kind of defensive mind Pelini is....

If an Ohio kid wants to go to Ohio State we stand no chance Cardinal Mooney or not....the good side of it though, is the state is stocked with talent and we will get the Greg McMullen's and Braylon Heard's and FWIW i will be happy with that...pretty much like it is in Texas recruiting...and with Burkhead and a few others we have done okay....

Quote Originally Posted by ShortSideOption View Post
    Well, Gill graduated from high school in Texas so it is a little different....

Though I will say that I don't think they "steer" them towards Nebraska, but I would assume that if it is a defensive player that they are well educated on just what kind of defensive mind Pelini is....

Junior Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    If an Ohio kid wants to go to Ohio State we stand no chance Cardinal Mooney or not....the good side of it though, is the state is stocked with talent and we will get the Greg McMullen's and Braylon Heard's and FWIW i will be happy with that...pretty much like it is in Texas recruiting...and with Burkhead and a few others we have done okay....
    With all due deference to the recruiting gurus, the State I currently live in does not regard Ohio St. the same way that EVERY high school in the State in which I was born and raised regards Nebraska. There are portions of Ohio that regard Ohio St. as a fine program, but not one that is seen as the penultimate in athletic achievement. It could very well be true that the Youngstown/CMooney ties are stronger than the affinity for THE state school with questionable ethics.

No need to be so dismissive.
    "The purpose of argument, should not be victory, but progress." proverb

Who was dismissive? I simply stated an opinion as did you......pehaps I'll just stop doing that.....I'm mean sheesh....

Quote Originally Posted by Husker Mort View Post
    With all due deference to the recruiting gurus, the State I currently live in does not regard Ohio St. the same way that EVERY high school in the State in which I was born and raised regards Nebraska. There are portions of Ohio that regard Ohio St. as a fine program, but not one that is seen as the penultimate in athletic achievement. It could very well be true that the Youngstown/CMooney ties are stronger than the affinity for THE state school with questionable ethics.

All Legend
    Outstanding! Looking forward to watching you star here, Mr. McWilson!

BTW, here's me thinking about how we have a well thought of head coach out of Ohio, who played there, as we enter the Big 10:
    "It just shows that we're changing the program," Petteway said. "Coach Miles and the guys we have on our staff and our players, we're changing the culture of Nebraska basketball, and this is just the beginning for us." - HuskerOnline.com 2-16-2014

Quote Originally Posted by Husker Mort View Post

Yeah, Michigan seems to pull its fair share of players out of Ohio.

Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by N2FL View Post
    NM
    I'm not looking for perfection, but you have to feel that every time Bo saw TM about to be interviewed he had to have a serious case of butt clench.

Varsity
    NM

Junior Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Who was dismissive? I simply stated an opinion as did you......pehaps I'll just stop doing that.....I'm mean sheesh....
    I don't think I assign as much negative connotation to the word "dismissive" as you do, RR.

I did not intend to be confrontational towards either you or N2FL. Apologies.
    "The purpose of argument, should not be victory, but progress." proverb