Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: Nebraska now leads for QB Aaron Bailey's commit

Thumbs up Nebraska now leads for QB Aaron Bailey's commit

If there is/was a silver lining to the game being canx today is it gave/gives the players more time to spend with coaches, players, facilities etc. and it must have worked as Aaron is very impressed with Nebraska and we might, and I say might, have our 2013 QB commit in the near future....the Huskers jumped to the top of the pack with the visit this weekend....

Our staff, academics, facilites etc sold themselves....a kid who was looking for a program with integrity such as we have.....

I would think this will be a fight with Illinois, Wisconsin and a very remote chance Ohio State.....who FWIW has not offered and wants him to visit before he gets that offer....

I like our chances a whole heck of allot...this youngman is a legitmate 4-star dual threat QB.....

Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Scout Team
    QB will be a fun position to watch beyond Tmart, great days ahead for the Big Red.

This kid has some giddy up. Looks a bit small but maybe we should expect that from a Jr. It's going to be very exciting watching the QB race.

Rivals has him at 6'2" 215 lbs currently, I grew another inch in my senior year of HS, he seems to be plenty big enough to be a QB at the college level.

Is anyone else reminded of Tommie Frazier when they watch this kid run?

Most of the services show him as 6'2" and weight ranging from 210-225....I suspect its somewhere in the middle... So I would not call him small....

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRedDread View Post
    This kid has some giddy up. Looks a bit small but maybe we should expect that from a Jr. It's going to be very exciting watching the QB race.

Yeah come to think of it a bit...

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorageHusker View Post
    Rivals has him at 6'2" 215 lbs currently, I grew another inch in my senior year of HS, he seems to be plenty big enough to be a QB at the college level.

Is anyone else reminded of Tommie Frazier when they watch this kid run?

pray for me ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by HuttoHusker View Post
    QB will be a fun position to watch beyond Tmart, great days ahead for the Big Red.
    I agree. Far too often, Martinez is not fun to watch.
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.Bill Watterson, cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

Yes! Very "Frazier-esk" in his running style. I like where he uses his free hand while running to stiff arm and push away would be arm tacklers with ease.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Most of the services show him as 6'2" and weight ranging from 210-225....I suspect its somewhere in the middle... So I would not call him small....
    Yea, I didn't look at his measures, maybe it's just the film and the way he moves on the field. He ran by a his WR and DB and just didn't look too much bigger than them. Similar to Devin Fuller, not tiny, just not big.

Some comments on Nebraska....looks like he will be back this fall for an official visit....no decision coming anywhere in the near future from reading between the lines...

“I feel like I fit pretty good in it,” Bailey told Huskers Illustrated. “I feel like I fit any offense. I like the spread, and it’s similar to our offense, so that’s a good thing about it.”
    Bailey said he liked the facilities — especially how close the locker room was to the academic advising center — and coaches Bo Pelini and Tim Beck
    http://sports.omaha.com/2012/04/14/r...uskers-on-top/