Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pelini says NoGo on Sunday...as per LJS

Scout Team

Pelini says NoGo on Sunday...as per LJS

Scout Team
    It is called off because a bunch of 20 year old football players have better things to do on Sunday! What a bunch of crap! Since when do kids that play football for the University of Nebraska have something better to do then take to the field in front of tens of thousand red clad fans?

I am a little frustrated, I was not going to the "game," was most likely going to watch it on TiVo tomorrow afternoon when I got home from work.

This is just more of the bunker mentality that is our head coach. If other teams are going to figure out how to beat us by watching an inter squad scrimmage game in April, then we really have fallen further then we taught. This is just a cheesy way to not have to answer any questions about Martinez. I know, I am just taking cheap shots at Martinez. I guess the fact that a kid is the starting QB at Nebraska after playing QB for what, one or two years in high school and now two years in college, somehow we are surprised that the kid has no idea what he is doing with his feet, and now we are so happy because, according to someone he has improved his foot work! WE ARE SAVED!!!!!

With this fine news coming out of the program, I can now understand all the talk about winning championships! Oh that's right, kids (who have better things to do on Sunday) have been twitting about how "they have been getting after it in practice.". Sorry, guess we will never know, because they have better things to do tomorrow!!!

Oh, guess what, it is unseasonably chilly here in LA today and guess what? USC still played it's spring game, guess what, their kids have been talking about getting after it too. Oh, and they have a QB who knows where his feet go, oh and they are also going to be the No. 1 ranked team in the polls when the season opens! I guess that works, since they don't have anything better to do then play FOOTBALL!!! I guess the USC kids have bigger aspiration, like playing Pro Football on SUNDAY!!!

Okay, done with my rant, had a bad day at work today on my day off, sorry! I don't have a problem with the game being postponed for everyone's safety, sounded like our AD wanted to play on Sunday, wish our head coach had the same heart and drive.

There's another thread devoted to the cry babies...guess what these guys have a life outside of football. A concept many so called fans seem to have an awfully hard time comprehending
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by LAPDHusker:912124
    Oh, guess what, it is unseasonably chilly here in LA today and guess what? USC still played it's spring game, guess what, their kids have been talking about getting after it too. Oh, and they have a QB who knows where his feet go, oh and they are also going to be the No. 1 ranked team in the polls when the season opens! I guess that works, since they don't have anything better to do then play FOOTBALL!!! I guess the USC kids have bigger aspiration, like playing Pro Football on SUNDAY!!!

Oh and there's a pretty significant difference between unseasonably cool and lightning/hail/and possible tornado threats

Scout Team
    Trust me, my life doesn't revolve around college football, do I enjoy it, yes, but I have a lot more important things to worry about then you calling me a cry baby. And as far as you calling me a cry baby, that doesn't even approach the 100 most bothersome things I have been called at work this week.

Scout Team
    I said I don't have a problem with them postponing the game for the safety of all involved, it is the fact that the players have better things to do tomorrow that is frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by LAPDHusker:912133
    I said I don't have a problem with them postponing the game for the safety of all involved, it is the fact that the players have better things to do tomorrow that is frustrating.
    Hey guess what they are student athletes with the semester coming to an end and academic demands...others have family obligations. Sounds like you had a rough week. Go take a cool shower and relax

Scout Team
    That's probably a good idea.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by LAPDHusker View Post
    Trust me, my life doesn't revolve around college football, do I enjoy it, yes, but I have a lot more important things to worry about then you calling me a cry baby. And as far as you calling me a cry baby, that doesn't even approach the 100 most bothersome things I have been called at work this week.
    Lots of us were looking forward to a game today, LAPD, but Mother Nature didn't want a game this year, apparently.

Hope you have a better week next week. Have a cold beverage or three of your choice!
    "Even hayseeds like ourselves get to put our 2 cents in now. Truthfully most of us could not coach ourselves out of a paper basket."
    ---Russian Red

Quote Originally Posted by LAPDHusker View Post
    That's probably a good idea.
    Not meaning to be confrontational and I'm disappointed there won't be a spring game either, but I can also understand why. I'm sorry you had a rough week...in the end we're all on the same team here! GBR!

Red Shirt
    Quote Originally Posted by caNUfeelit View Post
    There's another thread devoted to the cry babies...guess what these guys have a life outside of football. A concept many so called fans seem to have an awfully hard time comprehending
    Excuses me... Life outside of football????
    Have we fallen that far as a program? These kids came to Nebraska to PLAY football!!!
    I completely agree that the game should have been canceled today but when the AD says they could play on Sunday it would seem that the chances were pretty good that it could be pulled off as I believe our AD might know a little bit about football.
    IMHO BO is either recruiting kids with NO heart or kids that are spoiled and get their way... I really do not see that many players on this team that are good enough to be that spoiled! It would be interesting to hear from any players from past teams that either won NC or conference titles and find out if they would vote down ANY chance to take the field and hit someone?
    I get tired of people who think their opinion is the only one that matters an if you don't agree with them then you are a hater or "cry baby"!!!!
    I will end this post as I do not care to lower myself to the level of name calling ( ok I guess it boils down to the fact I do not wish to get a vacation)
    The easiest thing in the world to do is being honest when you know people are looking. Integrity is being honest when you don't think anyone is watching.

Red Shirt
    Sorry guys!!!! that is the problem with posting from my phone... By the time I post a reply there has been explanations of comments and I look foolish, not that I need any help looking foolish lol
    once again gentlemen my apology and
    GO BIG RED!!!!
    The easiest thing in the world to do is being honest when you know people are looking. Integrity is being honest when you don't think anyone is watching.

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedTrucker:912152
    Quote Originally Posted by caNUfeelit View Post
    Excuses me... Life outside of football????
    Have we fallen that far as a program? These kids came to Nebraska to PLAY football!!!
    I completely agree that the game should have been canceled today but when the AD says they could play on Sunday it would seem that the chances were pretty good that it could be pulled off as I believe our AD might know a little bit about football.
    IMHO BO is either recruiting kids with NO heart or kids that are spoiled and get their way... I really do not see that many players on this team that are good enough to be that spoiled! It would be interesting to hear from any players from past teams that either won NC or conference titles and find out if they would vote down ANY chance to take the field and hit someone?
    I get tired of people who think their opinion is the only one that matters an if you don't agree with them then you are a hater or "cry baby"!!!!
    I will end this post as I do not care to lower myself to the level of name calling ( ok I guess it boils down to the fact I do not wish to get a vacation)
    Umm, yes. Student Athletes! I wouldn't say having academics as a priority equates to the program "falling." You don't know how the vote was presented...they could've left open the possibility of playing at another point in time. I don't know. You don't know. But I do know I wouldn't question the heart of a bunch of guys who have put more blood, sweat, and tears into this program over the course of a few years than some anonymous message board poster has/will his whole life.

Your post is a perfect example of what I was referring to above.

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedTrucker:912158
    Sorry guys!!!! that is the problem with posting from my phone... By the time I post a reply there has been explanations of comments and I look foolish, not that I need any help looking foolish lol
    once again gentlemen my apology and
    GO BIG RED!!!!
    That's the overall problem with discussing over a computer! Again, same team! GBR!!!

Well I am sure the young men all are a bit let down they didn't play. But I do believe some of them aren't there just to get to the NFL. Some are interested in going on to business, pharmacy, medicine, law, the ministry. It is a little appreciated fact but a sizable number of the team is actually in college for......wait for it.....a college education. Those students need to make good use of every bit of time.

Of course there's some sociology majors who can blow off a day of study. But not all. School really is more important than sports. In My humble opinion. So good for Bo. About time kids realized that basket weaving and sports, while important, does NOT rank ahead of solid students attempt to set up their soon to begin endeavors as men with careers and high aspirations. On a Sunday no less! I have lived in towns where I couldn't mow the lawn on Sunday.(well I did push that envelope a time or two). Talk about a good place to raise a family. And no riff raff. lots of good people.

Maybe the little things like respecting Sunday's and people, and their time...are more meaningful than we think.