Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Huskers now the favorite for 4-star rated DE Joe Mathis (Cousin of Cravens)

Recruit

If you want to take UCLA out of the picture than we show it on the field this year. Same deal with the Wolfs and Bucks. We play them and beat them we show the recruits what kind of team we have. We have to also pull for Whitaker to play well this year. The more success he has, the more it will show his friends what Bo and the Huskers can do with their talent.

All that being said, they sure would look good with an N on their helmets

Travel Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Ruddman23 View Post
    If you want to take UCLA out of the picture than we show it on the field this year. Same deal with the Wolfs and Bucks. We play them and beat them we show the recruits what kind of team we have. We have to also pull for Whitaker to play well this year. The more success he has, the more it will show his friends what Bo and the Huskers can do with their talent.

All that being said, they sure would look good with an N on their helmets
    If Whitaker plays this year we are in trouble and have no chance at beating Ohio state or Michigan

He needs to add weight as we both know....about 30 pounds....he has the motor and athletic ability.....just no the build at this point....so I agree with you 100%....

Lock to RS....

Quote Originally Posted by ShortSideOption View Post
    If Whitaker plays this year we are in trouble and have no chance at beating Ohio state or Michigan
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Quote Originally Posted by N2FL View Post
    The top 4 DEs on the depth chart are seniors Cameron Meredith, Eric Martin, Joseph Carter and junior Jason Ankrah. Sophomore Donovan Vestal has gotten some praise this spring, and I really like incoming 2012 recruit Greg McMullen. Overall Nebraska only has 4 scholarship DEs on their roster past the 2013 season (Vestal, McMullen, Soph. Walker Ashburn and '12 recruit Avery Moss). I can see the Huskers taking a minimum of 3 DEs this class and I could justify them taking 4.
    Thanks for the info, seems we are in on a few top DE's. Looking at the current commits, do you think this is the best start from a quality standpoint we have seen under Bo?

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by hpride1982 View Post
    Thanks for the info, seems we are in on a few top DE's. Looking at the current commits, do you think this is the best start from a quality standpoint we have seen under Bo?
    It is clearly a great start, but I would give the nod to the 2011 class. The first 6 commits of that class, in order, were: Ryne Reeves, Tyler Moore, Jamal Turner, Ryan Klachko, Kevin Williams and Daimion Stafford. The 2012 class was also an example of a great start to a class, albeit a longer stretch to get the commitments. I have unpopular feelings about Sam Cotton, but the other 6 recruits who were the first to commit, in order, were: Michael Rose, Jordan Westerkamp, Sam Cotton, Greg McMullen, Paul Thurston, Tommy Armstrong and Zaire Anderson.

If with their next two commits Nebraska can get someone along the lines of Jerel Morrow, Aaron Bailey or Joe Mathis then I would have to rethink my decision. Much like 2012, Nebraska might have a long wait for some of the elite players they are fighting for so guys like Mathis may have to wait.

I'd bet money that the two don't play together and also that Cravens is a Trojan in the end.

Recruit

I can see what your saying RR. Even with that if he does the things Bo asks and develops his friends will see that.

Travel Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRedDread View Post
    As long as it's not UCLA. Lately we are 0-2 with the Bruins in recruiting my favorite kid of a specific class. I'm starting to despise UCLA.
    Agreed. Whatever happened to Odighizuwa anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by jslsker View Post
    I'd bet money that the two don't play together and also that Cravens is a Trojan in the end.
    What makes you say that? They have each said the opposite.
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.” Marcus Aurelius

Red Shirt
    The fact that you remember how to spell his name two years after-the-fact should qualify you for some sort of award.

Quote Originally Posted by Husker Mort View Post
    Agreed. Whatever happened to Odighizuwa anyway?

Travel Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Howl View Post
    The fact that you remember how to spell his name two years after-the-fact should qualify you for some sort of award.
    The interwebs is a wonderful thing. Can't accept praise I don't deserve.
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.” Marcus Aurelius