Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Huskers now the favorite for 4-star rated DE Joe Mathis (Cousin of Cravens)

Thumbs up Huskers now the favorite for 4-star rated DE Joe Mathis (Cousin of Cravens)

This is a really big deal as Mathis and Cravens want to play together.....not to mention Corey Whitaker who is Cravens close friend is already a Husker....

Spring game visitor.....

Mathis has been completely blown away by his visit thus far...

Hopefully we can wrap this one up... He is rated a 4-star by Rivals, 247 and Scout

A Teaser from Scout:

Less than a week after almost pulling the trigger at Michigan, Upland high school (CA) defensive end has a new favorite. A little hint, he's in Lincoln, Nebraska this weekend

http://nebraska.scout.com/a.z?s=204&...2f1177168.html

Really looks awesome on film....

Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

All Legend
    Could he be a Spring Game (or just after) Commit?
    It's a great day to be a Husker Fan!
    Live By The Code!
    (28-13-3) GATA If you see a skunk in the middle of the road, do you run it over or let it live? That is a quandary?

No....because his cousin the 5-star Safety Su'a Cravens and he want to go to school together....suspect they will make an official together in the fall.....

Quote Originally Posted by BuffSurveyor View Post
    Could he be a Spring Game (or just after) Commit?

Travel Squad
    Su'a on record saying there is a 90% chance he will play with Mathis in College.

This is HUGE.
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.” Marcus Aurelius

Now that's some very good news, thanks RR for the update.

Gunga galunga. Gunga....
    Su'a is probably my most favorite recruit I've seen in the last 5 years on film. Whatever is takes to get him; EVEN IF IT MEANS WE HAVE TO TAKE THIS "4" STAR GUY!

Nebraska fans, this is called someone in your conference having your back…welcome to the Big Ten. - HawkeyeNation

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by jikastew View Post
    Su'a is probably my most favorite recruit I've seen in the last 5 years on film. Whatever is takes to get him; EVEN IF IT MEANS WE HAVE TO TAKE THIS "4" STAR GUY!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotlanta Husker View Post
    I seriously imagine GFOA, Driveway Jordan, FrostFan, Seth etc... all sitting around in a circle holding hands and spitting into the middle of a angry Bo Pelini in a sweatshirt poster... the pure hate is almost cultish...

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by jikastew View Post

If Su'a Cravens is not a 5***** player, they shouldnt give anyone 5*****'s. Like I said in February, he is the best player in California for 2013.

Has Cravens visited at all? How many more defensive ends do you think we will take in this class?

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by hpride1982 View Post
    Has Cravens visited at all? How many more defensive ends do you think we will take in this class?
    The top 4 DEs on the depth chart are seniors Cameron Meredith, Eric Martin, Joseph Carter and junior Jason Ankrah. Sophomore Donovan Vestal has gotten some praise this spring, and I really like incoming 2012 recruit Greg McMullen. Overall Nebraska only has 4 scholarship DEs on their roster past the 2013 season (Vestal, McMullen, Soph. Walker Ashburn and '12 recruit Avery Moss). I can see the Huskers taking a minimum of 3 DEs this class and I could justify them taking 4.

Red Shirt
    As many as commit + Cravens if and whenever he wants to come. We will find room for him.

Has Cravens visited at all?
    Su'a Cravens has not visited Nebraska, no.

He has, however, stated that Nebraska will get one of his five official visits. He also stated that Michigan and Ohio State were two others that he's definitely going to see. Cravens has Whitaker (2012 Husker signee from same high school) has been talking up Nebraska, and their schools' coaches think a lot of Nebraska too.

We'll have our fair shot at Cravens, but it'll be one hell of a fight with Ohio State and Michigan. Plus two others that have yet to be named.

I will be surprised if USC is not one of the five....and yeah it will be a dog fight to land his commit....

Quote Originally Posted by BornToBeRed View Post

He has, however, stated that Nebraska will get one of his five official visits. He also stated that Michigan and Ohio State were two others that he's definitely going to see. Cravens has Whitaker (2012 Husker signee from same high school) has been talking up Nebraska, and their schools' coaches think a lot of Nebraska too.

We'll have our fair shot at Cravens, but it'll be one hell of a fight with Ohio State and Michigan. Plus two others that have yet to be named.

Quote Originally Posted by BornToBeRed View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Hopefully Mathis' comments about Michigan being his favorite for a week until he saw UN carry some weight with Cravens... Then again, everything on here and most websites say he's going to take his time with the recruiting process but Scout says he was "ready to pull the trigger".

I'm looking forward to seeing how this whole thing shakes out, I think getting Cravens and Mathis out there for officials will go a long ways

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    I will be surprised if USC is not one of the five....and yeah it will be a dog fight to land his commit....
    As long as it's not UCLA. Lately we are 0-2 with the Bruins in recruiting my favorite kid of a specific class. I'm starting to despise UCLA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotlanta Husker View Post
    I seriously imagine GFOA, Driveway Jordan, FrostFan, Seth etc... all sitting around in a circle holding hands and spitting into the middle of a angry Bo Pelini in a sweatshirt poster... the pure hate is almost cultish...