Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best way to Pull Pork

Recruit
    I just ordered the electric masterbuilt 30" 189.95 at amazon.com,w/free shipping,big enought for 2 -13 lb turkeys. thanks for the posting,didn't know I needed one,haha
    What you say and do defines who you are,and who you are... You are forever.

Will Rogers

God of Huskermax

Anyone tried the Pork Puller yet?

Husker Fan

Quote Originally Posted by RedPhoenix View Post
    see post #8

Quote Originally Posted by Nebugeater View Post
    OK SO I got up at 4AM Saturday and put some pork on the smoker. Thirteen hours later I was ready to give it a try. All I got to say is this is everything it was advertised as and more.. I had two pork butt's and a pork loin ( about 25 Lb of raw meat) on the smoker and I "pulled" all of it in about 4 Min and it was a better job than I could ever have gotten done by hand and it would have taken 30 - 45 Min I bet. Simple but amasing. One word of advice..... make sure you use a variable speed drill, I can't image what a full speed single speed drill would have had happen.

Here is a video that my daughter shot using her Ipod for a single Butt. As you can see it was pulled in about a minute.

God of Huskermax

Quote Originally Posted by Huskers57 View Post
    see post #8
    Thanks 57 and thanks Bugeater!

Scout Team

Quote Originally Posted by RedPhoenix View Post
    Anyone read the thread yet?

Who gives a crap? I do!!
    I bought this about a month ago and used it this weekend. Smoked three shoulders for 12 1/2 hours. Took me less than two minutes to pull them. I suggest a five gallon bucket on a non skid surface. I got nervous watching that video of Nubugeaters. I saw someone's hand inside the bucket at the beginning. I am considering getting a nice steel stock pot instead of using a bucket.
    Your threads are...FOR ME TO POOP ON!

Scout Team

I agree on the 5 gal buckets. After the first use that I posted here I switched to a 5 Gal bucket. I have used it to do about 60 lb ( finsined meat wt) of pulled pork now for a graduation party. No complaints but the bigger buckets is safer / better. A stock pot may be good too but it could get beat up with the "fingers"

Quote Originally Posted by HawthorneHusker View Post
    I bought this about a month ago and used it this weekend. Smoked three shoulders for 12 1/2 hours. Took me less than two minutes to pull them. I suggest a five gallon bucket on a non skid surface. I got nervous watching that video of Nubugeaters. I saw someone's hand inside the bucket at the beginning. I am considering getting a nice steel stock pot instead of using a bucket.

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebugeater View Post
    Here is what I have. have had wood/ charcoal in the past but for me this works great

Alright, the pork puller looks incredible. I have to get one. So I thought I would return a tip for this same smoker.

The one downside with an electric smoker is no smoke ring. However, by accident I found out how to get a ring with this smoker. My tray for the wood chips broke of and then I ran out of the shredded wood chips and it was Easter Sunday with no way to get more. I did however, have the larger size nuggets of wood. I got sizes that would fit through the hole, pushed them in and filled up the hole. I did not use the tray for the smoker and since mine had broke I used the handle end to plug the hole.

As I was cutting the meat, I saw a beautiful smoke ring all around.