Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Keep your radio's on tomorrow and an eye to the sky

Hybrid View

Starter

Keep your radio's on tomorrow and an eye to the sky

I believe the last time or so we saw a "high" probability area was MS/ALA last year.. keep your heads down and the radio on tomorrow, especially if you are headed to the game!

Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple. - Barry Switzer

Life is hard
    ; its harder when you're stupid - John Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Fan of All View Post
    I'd be fine with a MAC coach...even Frank (a lesser mistake than Bo). Over Bo? ABSOLUTELY

Starter

Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple. - Barry Switzer

Life is hard

I'd be fine with a MAC coach...even Frank (a lesser mistake than Bo). Over Bo? ABSOLUTELY

SuperFan
    ????
    SKI-U-MAH!

On a side note, has the spring game ever been postponed or outright canceled?

Didn't know they upgraded the risk in the Omaha/Lincoln area! Knew they had a bullseye over central Kansas earlier this week. The NWS is practically saying a tornado will happen in those two bullseye areas. That doesn't happen very often.

Red Shirt
    Thanks for posting this Cornfield Country. I was going to post something in the Cafe but clearly this is the better forum.

A day 2 high risk is something that has only been issued one other time. The other time there was a deadly tornado outbreak in Tennessee and Alabama area. While there is still uncertainty about coverage of severe storms there is high level of confidence that a significant severe weather event will unfold tomorrow afternoon and evening. There is a lot of population at risk tomorrow. Omaha, Lincoln (and the spring game) through KC and down the I35 corridor including Tulsa, OKC to Wichita Falls.

It's never a bad time to just know and understand what to do and where to go if or when one needs to take action to protect oneself.
    The trouble with weather forecasting is that it's right too often for us to ignore it and wrong too often for us to rely on it. ~Patrick Young

God of Huskermax

BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPhoenix View Post

You might end up in Jamaica with one of those on tomorrow

Life is hard

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPhoenix View Post

You must have missed where he crashed and burned:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/interna...t9SWlH9ceEYfkN

Gotta love the irony
    "There's three ways to do things, the right way, the wrong way and the way that I do it. " - Nicky Santoro

"All things end badly, or else they wouldn't end. " - Brian Flanagan

God of Huskermax

Quote Originally Posted by Drozz View Post
    You must have missed where he crashed and burned:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/interna...t9SWlH9ceEYfkN

Gotta love the irony
    He might have. The legendary RP never crashes and burns!!!

Husker Immortal
    hope we dodge this one

Red Shirt

Has anyone heard a recent weather update? I have a 4 and a 5 year old that I was going to take to the game tomorrow. I'm not crazy about risking it if we're going to have severe thunderstorms though.

What does this map basically say about our chances for severe weather and the possible timing?

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by G33K View Post
    Has anyone heard a recent weather update? I have a 4 and a 5 year old that I was going to take to the game tomorrow. I'm not crazy about risking it if we're going to have severe thunderstorms though.

What does this map basically say about our chances for severe weather and the possible timing?
    Specifically:

...CNTRL NEB INTO WRN IA... A STRONG SLY LOW LEVEL JET WILL HELP FORCE MORNING RAIN AND STORMS OVER MUCH OF THE AREA...AND WILL ALSO ALLOW FOR DESTABILIZATION DURING THE DAY BEHIND THIS INITIAL ACTIVITY. WITH THE SURFACE LOW DEEPENING JUST TO THE W...AND A BROAD WARM FRONT AND/OR OUTFLOWS IN PLACE...LOW LEVEL WINDS WILL REMAIN BACKED AND RH LEVELS SHOULD REMAIN RELATIVELY SHELTERED AS WELL...PROVIDING A FAVORABLE AREA FOR STRONG TORNADOES. CELLS WOULD LIKELY FORM OVER WRN SECTIONS OF THE HIGH RISK AREA WHERE HEATING WILL STEEPEN LOW LEVEL LAPSE RATES...THEN WOULD PROCEED RAPIDLY NEWD WITH AN INCREASING TORNADO THREAT. VERY LARGE HAIL WILL ALSO BE LIKELY. THE NRN EXTENT OF THE TORNADO THREAT WILL DEPEND ON THE ACTUAL LOCATION OF THE PRIMARY BOUNDARIES.
    So, looks like morning rain and storms, then clearing or partial clearing to allow for development in the afternoon to evening hours. The "high" section of the above indicates there is a 60% or greater chance of sever weather occurring within any given 25 mile point. This is a rare occurrence, happening only a few times every year.

Life is hard

Husker Fan

Bring the hail!

God of Huskermax

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2012/...midwest-south/

Thats a snow drift of hail that he is standing in the middle of!!!!!!!!!!!!!