Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: Going beyond your Duties as Mayor

Red Shirt

Going beyond your Duties as Mayor

Now this is what I call looking out for your constituents.

Newark Fire Director Fateen Ziyad told The Star-Ledger of Newark that Booker had recounted to him how he heard a woman yelling "I'm back here," from a back bedroom when the mayor rushed into the building but was held back by his security detail. The mayor yelled at his security guards to release him, saying: "She is going to die, she is going to die," Ziyad told the newspaper, adding the mayor crossed through smoke and flames to grab the woman and carry her in his arms out of the building.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/12...est=latestnews

Society Crazy Indeed
    neighbors helping neighbors....go figure

NICE JOB Mayor

I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.I wont give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, and showed up for all wounded children.

Intellectual Patriot
    Remember the fire and police responders that let the guy drown in San Fran last year? They could take a few lessons from this guy.
    Life Lesson: DO NOT LET THE MAN KEEP YOU DOWN! http://forum.huskermax.com/vbbs/show...er-King-Jr-Day
    "Yeah, saw that only Larry, Moe, and Curly had chimed-in before the thread was locked. C'est la vie when the cumulative IQ of those 3 shxxxeads is something less than 200, with Squatch nailing down 3rd place. Almost not worth the keystroke time expended reporting those twits, however..."

I love fan mail.

Travel Squad
    "Brick City" is a pretty good documentary about Booker's first campaign and the uphill battle Newark faces.
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.” Marcus Aurelius

God of Huskermax

Sounds like the security guys are a bunch of pansies.

Ironically, the racist jack hole writer let go by the National Review had mentioned to avoid City's governed by blacks. Booker sounds like a monster, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by SealBeachHusker View Post
    Ironically, the racist jack hole writer let go by the National Review had mentioned to avoid City's governed by blacks. Booker sounds like a monster, huh?
    And he's a Democrat no less...

Quote Originally Posted by Nishioka View Post
    Check out NJ's other famous black mayor. Might surprise some.

All Legend
    Booker is a credit to his profession.

Well done, sir. Well done.
    "It just shows that we're changing the program," Petteway said. "Coach Miles and the guys we have on our staff and our players, we're changing the culture of Nebraska basketball, and this is just the beginning for us." - HuskerOnline.com 2-16-2014

Travel Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Nishioka View Post
    Black, white, Pub, Dem. He just sounds like a good person to me.

Rebel Alliance
    At that moment he wasn't a mayor or unemployed, a democrat or a republican, a black or a white, religious or not, rich or poor. At that moment he was exactly what that woman needed. We could all take a lesson from this...most the time the people around us in need of aid will not put us in a life threatening condition.

Well done sir.
    “Everybody thinks of changing humanity and nobody thinks of changing himself.” - Leo Tolstoy