Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ath. Jerel Morrow to visit for the second time at Spring game is a commit coming?

Thumbs up Ath. Jerel Morrow to visit for the second time at Spring game is a commit coming?

A dynamic athlete who the Huskers are recruiting as a WR....some chatter he could commit this weekend....a kid who is still flying under the radar....can also play S/CB....watch the film below....this kid would be a big pickup in my opinion....

This is his second visit in the past month on his own dime....

Nebraska has sent an offer to wide receiver Jerel Morrow, who is viewed by some as a safety. The athlete out of Emporia, Kansas has offers from Kansas and Kansas State, with the Iowa State Cyclones, Navy, and Missouri also having interest in Jerel Morrow.

He is quick, fights for extra yards, and he could be a four-star recruit. Right now, he looks like a high-line three-star or a fringe four-star recruit at receiver; the position that best suits his skill set. Jerel Morrow will visit Nebraska’s spring game this weekend in Lincoln, and the Emporia receiver also has an offer from Ohio.
    However, the front-runner for Jerel Morrow looks to be Nebraska, because he was impressed with his visit to Lincoln last month and is going there again

http://throughthephog.com/2012/04/13...ebraska-offer/

Film (he looks really good): http://www.hudl.com/athlete/81313/je...row#highlights

Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Junior Varsity
    How fast is he? Seemed to get deep awfully easy in these clips.
    When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion. - A. Lincoln

We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are. - Anais Nin

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Sir W. Churchill

Spend 50% of your time taking care of your business and 50% leaving everyone else's alone.

Husker Immortal
    he sure looks taller than 5' 11". good hands and seems to know how to use them.

Most of the recruting services show him as 6' or 6'1"....

Quote Originally Posted by CombatTargeteer View Post
    he sure looks taller than 5' 11". good hands and seems to know how to use them.

Very fast....have not seen an actual football time...if I had to guess I'd say in the mid 4.4's....

Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    How fast is he? Seemed to get deep awfully easy in these clips.

Red Shirt
    His highlight reel mentioned an injury. What was it? Is he looking to be part of the track team as well?

Gunga galunga. Gunga....
    I've taken some crap in the past for commenting on numbers in the weight room. But this guy has the stuff. 300lb clean for a guy who hasn't filled out yet. That's serious core strength. 400+ squat for an 180lb guy. 24" long jumper as a soph = explosion.

These are the guys I love. There's "potential" and there's "POTENTIAL". A guy with those numbers has a chance to be a athletic freak and I love those types of guys because it usually means they're tough, physically and mentally. These guys find a way on the field.
    Nebraska fans, this is called someone in your conference having your back…welcome to the Big Ten. - HawkeyeNation

Scout Team
    Good looking kid, faster then the other teams players for sure. He will be ready just in time for Tommy Armstrong to toss him many touchdowns. GBR

This kid is starting to gain some attention...so if we can grab him early it would be good....

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by jikastew View Post
    I've taken some crap in the past for commenting on numbers in the weight room. But this guy has the stuff. 300lb clean for a guy who hasn't filled out yet. That's serious core strength. 400+ squat for an 180lb guy. 24" long jumper as a soph = explosion.

These are the guys I love. There's "potential" and there's "POTENTIAL". A guy with those numbers has a chance to be a athletic freak and I love those types of guys because it usually means they're tough, physically and mentally. These guys find a way on the field.
    My God, this kid is a Freak of Nature and Nature has brought him to us naturally. Make the commitment Mr. Morrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red_in_Blue_Land View Post
    Fear of spiders is aracnaphobia, fear of tight spaces is chlaustraphobia, fear of Ameer is Wisdom

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    This kid is starting to gain some attention...so if we can grab him early it would be good....
    The way this kid looks, I wouldn't be surprise to see him catch a whole lot of attention by the beginning of his senior season, similar to Jordan W.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red_in_Blue_Land View Post
    Fear of spiders is aracnaphobia, fear of tight spaces is chlaustraphobia, fear of Ameer is Wisdom

You nailed it....

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRedDread View Post
    The way this kid looks, I wouldn't be surprise to see him catch a whole lot of attention by the beginning of his senior season, similar to Jordan W.

Red Shirt
    Looks like a heckuva'n athlete. Long jumped 24-1 as a sophomore. I will be very happy if we get a commit from him.

Recruit

He's an athletic freak, has a nose for the ball, looks to have absolutely amazing football speed. You know what the best thing about him is though? He seems to love to play the game and it appears that he gives a lot of that extra effort. I really really hope we get him, I personally kind of like him at Cornerback.

Looks like, based on BTRB's thread, that he is being noticed finally....ours to lose in my opinion....I think he will commit to Nebraska before is is said and done...