Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Commit #3

Great News! Nice timing too! GBR!!

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerInOkieland View Post
    I think it was always a matter of timing for Banderas as far as when to commit to NU. Right before the Spring Game is perfect.

By not committing right away, he gathered other offers officially and guaranteed a higher rating by the services when all is done. It will be interesting to see how high he is ultimately rated as he may be one of the top linebacker recruits in the country.
    He was a 4**** recruit from the start, before any offers. His performance at the US Army National Junior Combine in January earned him that distinction. And while I have no doubt that recruiting services will occasionally adjust a kids ranking based on offers from perennial powers, Banderas' additional offers from Iowa, Kansas State, Vanderbilt, Iowa State and Tulsa certainly would not cause any service to do so in this case.

Either way, this kid is legit and a great pickup. I still have serious doubts that Nebraska will ultimately keep Tre'Vell Dixon but I think all signs are pointing to a great class for Nebraska either way.

On Thursday night, old dad couldn't wipe the smile away.

"He was ecstatic, rubbing my head, high-fiving," Josh said.
    It is the only reaction to be had when your son tells you he's going to play football at Nebraska just like you.
    http://huskerextra.com/sports/husker...920e2604a.html
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

USC, Oregon and Wisconsin were starting to sniff around too....the offers he holds, as of this commitment, we both know are not any indication of his ability and honestly he didn't have the big time offers because it was pretty obvious to those schools he was going to be a Husker....they were not going to waste their time...its rare Nebraska loses a big time in-state recruit....Trevor Robinson being an exception of late....that's the mystic of Husker football in the state....

As for the services lot fo politics there as we both know too...but we've beat that to death...

Quote Originally Posted by N2FL View Post
    He was a 4**** recruit from the start, before any offers. His performance at the US Army National Junior Combine in January earned him that distinction. And while I have no doubt that recruiting services will occasionally adjust a kids ranking based on offers from perennial powers, Banderas' additional offers from Iowa, Kansas State, Vanderbilt, Iowa State and Tulsa certainly would not cause any service to do so in this case.

Either way, this kid is legit and a great pickup. I still have serious doubts that Nebraska will ultimately keep Tre'Vell Dixon but I think all signs are pointing to a great class for Nebraska either way.

Junior Varsity
    While this was expected, it is still great to get him on board this early.
    Stay true to your roots.

Travel Squad
    Welcome the fold, Josh!
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.” Marcus Aurelius

Red Shirt
    Wow, come home from a long day at work, and get this great news!! Welcome aboard wouldn't really be correct as he has been a Husker since birth. But, glad to have your verbal!!

Scout Team
    Man I love when a plan comes together, I have visions of Josh and Michael Rose shutting down the B1G running backs for years to come.

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerNCorpus View Post
    He's a heckuva athlete. Glad to see him N.
    *heckuvan
    "Welcome to the night train." - Hunter S. Thompson

Red Shirt
    Cambridge Ontario Canada And Wintering in Arizona
    Great news, welcome Josh, looking forward to heading down from the Great White North in the future to see you straping on the N
    I've got a fever, and the prescription is more cowbell

Sitting just quietly under the cork tree, smelling the flowers
    Fantastic!

Sounds like he plans to take the Michael Rose role and try to recruit other kids to the 2013 class...

Husker Immortal
    love it when that happens

Gunga galunga. Gunga....
    Hey Red, I knew it all along!

Nebraska fans, this is called someone in your conference having your back…welcome to the Big Ten. - HawkeyeNation

LOL....

Quote Originally Posted by jikastew View Post
    Hey Red, I knew it all along!

Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by HuttoHusker View Post
    Man I love when a plan comes together, I have visions of Josh and Michael Rose shutting down the B1G running backs for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Pops View Post
    Well look at this! it is true..when one loses one sense..in this case a sense of humor, the other senses are heightened...In this case, a sense of self importance