Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: MLS Game of the Week: RSL (5-1) vs KC (5-0)

MLS Game of the Week: RSL (5-1) vs KC (5-0)

The two division leaders face off on Saturday evening....game is in KC....

This would have been a great game for ESPN or NBC Sports to show....but it seems if the game does not involve the NY Redbull, LA or Philly you are not going to see it....they are not doing the league a service in my opinion by showing only those teams on a constant basis....

Game will be on Direct Kick for those not in the local areas....

You can listen to it on internet radio here:

http://espn.kall700sports.com/
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

I'll be watching from my living room. Wish is was from the stands. Severe weather is on tap for Saturday in the KC area, though. Hopefully it doesn't impact this game, but don't be surprised if it's raining for a good porition of the game.

Red Shirt

It'll be fun to see how this one turns out...I'll be working tomorrow night so I'll have to rely on the expert commentary in this thread.

For those with Direct Kick on Direct TV the game will be on Channel 475 and starts at 7:30 PM CST.....if your in the SLC or KC area check your local listings...

Go RSL...

GO KANSAS CITY.

Thirty minutes into the game and still no score....

KC with a headed goal that is ruled a foul....pushed off is the call in minute 43.....

RSL has been the better side in the first half and KC looks very frustrated....they are used to having their way at home...

Half Time and its 0-0....

towel boy
    I just saw the replay. I don't follow soccer at all but I sure didn't see the push off. Looked like a clean goal to me. I'm watch the Royals game and have the MLS game on a different monitor with no sound.

Second half under way and its still scoreless...

towel boy
    Let's Go KC!!! 1-0

towel boy
    Royals were down 9-2 and have brought it back to 9-8 going into the 8th.

Royals on TV...
    SKC on second monitor...
    Weather Channel on iPad...
    Kids out...
    Wife Shopping...
    Life is good.

View of good Saturday Nights have sure changed for me over the years.

KC are a bunch of whinney babies though....everytime they get a decision they don't like the surround the ref....that will cost them down the line this season....Chelsea used to do that in the EPL and it cost them....

Espinoza is an A+ diver....he has that down pat....

towel boy
    RR are you watching the Spring Special on BTN now?

Red Shirt

Great win by KC! Still unbeaten and untied. I didn't see the push on the disallowed goal either...I've seen much worse than that go uncalled many times (USA-Slovenia, anyone?).

Now if only the Royals can pull this one out it'll be a good night all around.

towel boy
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerMaestro View Post
    Great win by KC! Still unbeaten and untied. I didn't see the push on the disallowed goal either...I've seen much worse than that go uncalled many times (USA-Slovenia, anyone?).

Now if only the Royals can pull this one out it'll be a good night all around.
    Not looking as good now. Brought a 9-2 game all the way into extra innings but Indians just scored 2 in the 10th to make it 11-9. Lets Go Royals!!!!

Not really that great of a game. Looked like both teams were playing a little tight, which made the first half really sloppy, IMO. Sporting KC wasted way too many corners, and CJ Sapong had a horrible game, despite his goal that was called back. The guy had no touch last night. The SKC D is really playing well right now, and RSL didn't have much in terms of quality looks at the goal. I'm happy the KC community has gotten behind this team, though. It's very cool to see 18,000 people packed into LSP.