Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 34 wins?

Calling The Count
    I believe the largest component of the RPI is W/L record. In order for the bottom half of the conference to raise their RPI at this point in the season, it would come at the expense of the top half...and that would probably be a net negative for NU at this point.
    Actually I'm talking about in theory and not this season in particular.

If the bottom half of the B1G had a better won/loss record in out-of-conference play, thus leading all B1G teams to a stronger RPI, I wonder how much this would raise Nebraska (and the other members of the conference) RPI to produce more at large berths?

I guess the thing I'm asking is: Is it necessary for Nebraska to upgrade its schedule, or would it be better for the rest of the conference to get better in baseball, or a combination of both? Or will the weak conference sisters continue to drag the conference into minimal at large berths?
    "I've never quit anything in my life" -- Bo Pelini

Red Shirt
    Quote Originally Posted by ThotDoc View Post
    Thanks Queso for the chart....which demonstrates the ugly reality that we will have to win the tourney or just about win out to get in.
    Yep, even winning out and losing in the B1G tourny might not be enough. Gotta win the whole thing imo.
    The hard is what makes it great.

Red Shirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Fromunda Cheese View Post
    Actually I'm talking about in theory and not this season in particular.

If the bottom half of the B1G had a better won/loss record in out-of-conference play, thus leading all B1G teams to a stronger RPI, I wonder how much this would raise Nebraska (and the other members of the conference) RPI to produce more at large berths?

I guess the thing I'm asking is: Is it necessary for Nebraska to upgrade its schedule, or would it be better for the rest of the conference to get better in baseball, or a combination of both? Or will the weak conference sisters continue to drag the conference into minimal at large berths?
    I say it's a combo of both, but as you know, it can't happen overnight! So, here's to finishing strong and having a hell of a time watching it unfold!!
    The hard is what makes it great.