Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: Arkansas Commits

  1. #1
    Varsity
    HuskerRedDread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Back & forth between Omaha & San Antonio
    Posts
    11,758

    Arkansas Commits

    With the news that hit yesterday about their HC being out, are there any of the commits that may look in our direction that maybe Coach Joseph may was pushing for before their commit to Arkansas. I know we are looking to take 4-5 LBs this class, I would think that Otha Peters would be a great prospect to keep an eye on. He's a Louisiana kid and a hell of a player. He has an offer from NU. Another is A.J. Turner, no offer, and may be more of a long shot being that he's from Lepanto, but he looks to be a solid kid at the position also. He has measures more comparable to L. David than Will Compton, with 4.5 40 only weighting 205 lbs. Maybe one of those Peso-type athletes Bo loves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pops View Post
    Well look at this! it is true..when one loses one sense..in this case a sense of humor, the other senses are heightened...In this case, a sense of self importance

  2. #2
    Travel Squad
    BakNthday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Sonoma County California
    Posts
    7,311
    Well, if some of them are interested in playing for BO they may want to just stay where they are

  3. #3
    Scout Team
    joncarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Fremont
    Posts
    4,285
    Quote Originally Posted by BakNthday View Post
    Well, if some of them are interested in playing for BO they may want to just stay where they are

  4. #4
    Recruit

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bellevue Ne
    Posts
    915
    Quote Originally Posted by BakNthday View Post
    Well, if some of them are interested in playing for BO they may want to just stay where they are
    Boooooooooo Bo is going no where!! Your starting to sound like someone from the OWH

  5. #5
    Varsity
    HuskerRedDread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Back & forth between Omaha & San Antonio
    Posts
    11,758
    Quote Originally Posted by BakNthday View Post
    Well, if some of them are interested in playing for BO they may want to just stay where they are

    http://huskerextra.com/sports/husker...fadf35e0a.html

    That.

    Yes, soooooooooo again about these recruits. Has there been any word on any de-commits?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pops View Post
    Well look at this! it is true..when one loses one sense..in this case a sense of humor, the other senses are heightened...In this case, a sense of self importance

  6. #6
    Moderator
    Red Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    109,063
    Arkansas has no 2013 class commitments as of today. Thus, not a story....
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

  7. #7
    Travel Squad
    BakNthday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Sonoma County California
    Posts
    7,311
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruddman23 View Post
    Boooooooooo Bo is going no where!! Your starting to sound like someone from the OWH

    Ha. Just having fun with the issue. I actually think Bo is very committed to winning at NU. I get the sense he wants to acheive at NU what Bob Stoops has created at OU. Moving around makes it tougher.

  8. #8
    Husker Immortal
    CombatTargeteer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    101,150
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Arkansas has no 2013 class commitments as of today. Thus, not a story....
    I think this is a case when the 2012 recruits could be released by their commitment by the NCAA. I would like to see any kid be released from his commitment if his recruiting coach leaves the school while the kid is still there.

  9. #9
    Moderator
    Red Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    109,063
    It won't happen....the deck is stacked all in favor of the coaches...


    Quote Originally Posted by CombatTargeteer View Post
    I think this is a case when the 2012 recruits could be released by their commitment by the NCAA. I would like to see any kid be released from his commitment if his recruiting coach leaves the school while the kid is still there.
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

  10. #10
    Junior Varsity
    68hskr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Western NE
    Posts
    5,678
    I thought I heard on the radio today that Arkansas had two recruits prior to the Petrino incident and both decommitted.
    Eric Lee Jr 7⃣ ‏@elee22_21
    The value of a commitment is slowly being deteriorated

  11. #11
    Junior Varsity
    68hskr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Western NE
    Posts
    5,678
    King James, who I thought we offered, is one who decommitted.
    Eric Lee Jr 7⃣ ‏@elee22_21
    The value of a commitment is slowly being deteriorated

  12. #12
    Moderator
    Red Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    109,063
    They had one...not now....as I said as of today they have none...

    Huskerboard has some decent recruiting folks...see you post over their too....

    Quote Originally Posted by 68hskr View Post
    I thought I heard on the radio today that Arkansas had two recruits prior to the Petrino incident and both decommitted.
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

  13. #13
    Junior Varsity
    68hskr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Western NE
    Posts
    5,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    They had one...not now....as I said as of today they have none...

    Huskerboard has some decent recruiting folks...see you post over their too....
    I check over there for recruiting info. But usually, the Max has the info first in most cases.
    And more accurate over here.

    Thanks in large part to your contributions, as well as others, over here.

    Thanks for all you do/
    Eric Lee Jr 7⃣ ‏@elee22_21
    The value of a commitment is slowly being deteriorated

  14. #14
    Varsity
    HuskerRedDread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Back & forth between Omaha & San Antonio
    Posts
    11,758
    Quote Originally Posted by 68hskr View Post
    King James, who I thought we offered, is one who decommitted.
    That was my next question.... What is the deal with King James. I thought he was 'N'
    Quote Originally Posted by Pops View Post
    Well look at this! it is true..when one loses one sense..in this case a sense of humor, the other senses are heightened...In this case, a sense of self importance

  15. #15
    Husker Immortal
    CombatTargeteer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    101,150
    Prince to King is a logical progression

  16. #16
    Moderator
    Red Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    109,063
    Your thinking of King Frasier the 3-star walk-on for the 2012 class....

    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRedDread View Post
    That was my next question.... What is the deal with King James. I thought he was 'N'
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

  17. #17
    Scout Team
    johnhoie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    4,588
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Your thinking of King Frasier the 3-star walk-on for the 2012 class....
    Wasn't King James executed?

  18. #18
    Red Shirt
    HuskerGene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    South of North Omaha
    Posts
    1,575
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhoie View Post
    Wasn't King James executed?
    Thought he was still playing for the Miami Heat.

  19. #19
    Red Shirt
    BraskyMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    1,434
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerGene View Post
    Thought he was still playing for the Miami Heat.
    He decided to go back to college and take his talents to Fayetteville.

  20. #20
    Varsity
    HuskerRedDread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Back & forth between Omaha & San Antonio
    Posts
    11,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Your thinking of King Frasier the 3-star walk-on for the 2012 class....
    Correct... I think I've giving my nephew too much flack about liking Lebron James so much he's become part of my everyday vocab.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pops View Post
    Well look at this! it is true..when one loses one sense..in this case a sense of humor, the other senses are heightened...In this case, a sense of self importance




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •