Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: LJS Blog-Brian Rosenthal: Biggs making official visit to NU

Hybrid View

Varsity

LJS Blog-Brian Rosenthal: Biggs making official visit to NU

http://my.journalstar.com/post/Huske...sit_to_nu.html

Omaha native Deverell Biggs will be making an official men’s basketball recruiting visit to Nebraska this weekend, when he will attend Saturday’s football spring game.

I spoke with Biggs earlier this afternoon, when he informed me that today he’s been selected as an NJCAA Division I first-team All-American. The 6-foot, 195-pound guard played last season at Seward County Community College in Liberal, Kan., and averaged 14.8 points, three assists and 3.3 steals.

Look for more in a story to come, but here’s the short version:

Continued in link above.

If he does decide to come to Nebraska, he'll have the opportunity to be part of something real special. Potentially part of the start to getting this thing on track and being an in-state kid that would be one of the guys instrumental in making that happen.

Similar to the in-state group that's remembered for getting things on track back when HWM was going to school here. People will always remember King, Reid, Piatkowski along with Scales, Hayes, Owens, etc. for getting things on track for a nice run back then.
    "Lay it down, forget it, take off your red, choose another team ... or stick with it."

Husker Fan

The question is...will he redshirt?

1. Next year is essentially a throw away season. There's no pressure on Miles to win next year.

2. Biggs said that Agau wants to play with him...Unless Biggs redshirts they'd only be together Agau's frosh year...seems the allure to play 2 years would be stronger than 1 should some of the really big time schools come looking at Agau.

Husker Immortal
    Quote Originally Posted by bilsker View Post
    The question is...will he redshirt?

1. Next year is essentially a throw away season. There's no pressure on Miles to win next year.

2. Biggs said that Agau wants to play with him...Unless Biggs redshirts they'd only be together Agau's frosh year...seems the allure to play 2 years would be stronger than 1 should some of the really big time schools come looking at Agau.
    I suspect that wherever he goes that he will want to play immediately.
    I really hate Penn State! (And I'm not that wild about Iowa either.)