Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: Husker received 11 'points' in USA Today/ESPN poll for week of 4/9/12

Blackshirt

Husker received 11 'points' in USA Today/ESPN poll for week of 4/9/12

Those 11 points rank us 36th -- for reference, texas is ranked 25th and has 41 points. With a win over Creighton Tuesday and a sweep of the Suckeyes over the weekend, who knows, maybe the series vs. Purdue will be between 2 Top 25 teams!

Go Big Red!!
    Train Insane or Stay the Same! @TheRedOne80

Husker Immortal
    that would be nice indeed.

All American
    Interesting, finally getting attention after struggling for 2 weeks. Might be those 21 wins that are getting the notice. The same poll has Gonzaga 47 and Cal unrated
    What one person receives without working for, another person must work for
    without receiving.

Husker Immortal
    Thanks for the information.
    I really hate Penn State! (And I'm not that wild about Iowa either.)

Husker Immortal
    We will have to be more consistent to get rated but a sweep on the road over OSU would be impressive.
    God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
    the good fortune to run into the ones I do…
    and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Husker Immortal
    Well, now that we have some "recognition", let us hope the kids can build on it. I'm hoping, the "miracle" of yesterday's game will give these kids enough confidence to play with more consistency.

A great finish, indeed,yesterday. Hey, the kids see their 11 pts, they'll want more, right?

I'm still giddy over the great 9th inning comeback. Man, watching the kids storm out of the dugout, bullpen, and the team on the field chasing after Kale, I thought, hey, don't kill the guy!!! You would have thought, watching all that, we won the College World Series!!

See you tomorrow, guys! Remember, 6:35 starting time, home field advantage!

Blackshirt
    Quote Originally Posted by CrnhskrBob View Post
    Well, now that we have some "recognition", let us hope the kids can build on it. I'm hoping, the "miracle" of yesterday's game will give these kids enough confidence to play with more consistency.

A great finish, indeed,yesterday. Hey, the kids see their 11 pts, they'll want more, right?

I'm still giddy over the great 9th inning comeback. Man, watching the kids storm out of the dugout, bullpen, and the team on the field chasing after Kale, I thought, hey, don't kill the guy!!! You would have thought, watching all that, we won the College World Series!!

See you tomorrow, guys! Remember, 6:35 starting time, home field advantage!

I was there, too -- and I must say, that was the most fun I've had a Husker game (any sport) in a loooong time -- my adrenaline didn't let up until well after I had gotten home (and I drove and hour and a half back to GI) -- I SOOO want to beat Creighton tonite -- if so, I really believe it's something our guys can build on
    Train Insane or Stay the Same! @TheRedOne80

Red Shirt
    Not to be negative Nelly, but how can you go 3-3 against two of the worst teams in the country, and get votes?
    "I've never quit anything in my life" -- Bo Pelini