Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Stanley Cup Playoffs!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    And just think the Rangers swept the season series with Philly 6-0....then again they can play defense and have a GK who has not had a slump this season too...
    Which means the Flyers are due for 4 straight wins over them.

Just got back from the Kings game had a blast...even got 2 Go Big Reds because of my hat

Husker Fan

go senators! put a hurtin' on the rangers tonight!

Scout Team
    So sucker punching a guy in the face and beating him down, 1 game suspension...1 shot to the head 3 game suspension if you play for new York, 2 if you play for another team...is Shanahan even looking at what he suspended players for in the past, or just making stuff up???

It's like he is a CONCACAF official or sumthin(that was for u Huskers57 and Red reign )

Add in Weber bashing Zettaberg's face into the glass and only a fine....

Saw on the NHL Channel last night that the Rangers are questioning the fairness of the discipline in the post season thus far in an official statement....

The announcers could not understand either how a guy who sucker punches a guy and then pummels him gets away with only one game....and lets be honest he is a goon that does little for the game of hockey...and I suspect will now pay the price on the ice if they have the guts to even put him back on the ice....

Not a good track record thus far in the playoffs for Mr. Shanahan.....and its being noticed in LA, NY and elsewhere....

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsee View Post
    So sucker punching a guy in the face and beating him down, 1 game suspension...1 shot to the head 3 game suspension if you play for new York, 2 if you play for another team...is Shanahan even looking at what he suspended players for in the past, or just making stuff up???

It's like he is a CONCACAF official or sumthin(that was for u Huskers57 and Red reign )
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Dream on....

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder Monds Fan View Post
    Which means the Flyers are due for 4 straight wins over them.

Husker Fan

Add in Weber bashing Zettaberg's face into the glass and only a fine....

Saw on the NHL Channel last night that the Rangers are questioning the fairness of the discipline in the post season thus far in an official statement....

The announcers could not understand either how a guy who sucker punches a guy and then pummels him gets away with only one game....and lets be honest he is a goon that does little for the game of hockey...and I suspect will now pay the price on the ice if they have the guts to even put him back on the ice....

Not a good track record thus far in the playoffs for Mr. Shanahan.....and its being noticed in LA, NY and elsewhere....
    just go with the flow.

Here is the statement:

The Rangers were miffed by the severity of Hagelin's punishment in light of Nashville's Shea Weber receiving only a $2,500 fine for smashing the head of Detroit forward Henrik Zetterberg into the glass at the end of Game 1 of that series. Zetterberg wasn't injured on the play.

"The New York Rangers accept the NHL's three-game suspension of Carl Hagelin and will not pursue an appeal," the team said in a statement. "However, we are thoroughly perplexed in the ruling's inconsistency with other supplementary discipline decisions that have been made throughout this season and during the playoffs."
    http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...ed-1-game.html

Looks like Kris Krider the Ranges #1 draft pick who just won a national title with BC may play tonight in place of Haglin...will be his NHL debut....

Husker Fan

Looks like Kris Krider the Ranges #1 draft pick who just won a national title with BC may play tonight in place of Haglin...will be his NHL debut....
    not a bad place to make a debut.

Not surprised another goon doing this before Sundays' game....directed towards Brian Boyle....stay classy Sens....Konopka had 307 PIM last season for the Islanders...and 265 the year before for Tampa Bay....

Ottawa Senators forward Zenon Konopka has been fined $2,500, the maximum allowed under the Collective Bargaining Agreement, and his club fined $10,000 for Konopka's conduct prior to Game 2 of the Eastern Conference Quarter-Final at New York on Saturday. April 14, the National Hockey League announced today.Konopka was fined for his verbal abuse directed at a New York Rangers player conducting a live television interview nearby during pre-game warm-ups

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=628148

Husker Fan

Not surprised another goon doing this before Sundays' game....directed towards Brian Boyle....stay classy Sens....Konopka had 307 PIM last season for the Islanders...and 265 the year before for Tampa Bay....

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=628148
    oh he's classy.

Yeah classy alright....he has a recliner in the sin bin....

Quote Originally Posted by Huskers57 View Post
    oh he's classy.

Husker Immortal Love Tool
    Me thinks that you all should make sure you tape the Rangers/Frenchwannabees game tonight{Mon}

Looks like it might be just as fun as the Plyers/WaddleBirds game was Sun!

Check your tv listings I think it is on CNBC!
    The Skunk Has Spoken!

I swear skunk was squeezin my buttocks !
    Skunkman's nose nailed this one.
    Never squat with yer spurs on.
    Quote Originally Posted by CombatTargeteer
    "You gotta watch the Skunkman."
    I don't want to ruin Skunk's rep, but I have to report that he is a very hospitable and generous guy, besides being a super Husker fan.

Husker Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkman1 View Post
    Me thinks that you all should make sure you tape the Rangers/Frenchwannabees game tonight{Mon}

Looks like it might be just as fun as the Plyers/WaddleBirds game was Sun!

Check your tv listings I think it is on CNBC!
    I'm definitely watching it and wearing my senators jersey.